The moon
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A man has no right to force a woman to go through a pregnancy that she doesn't want. It's her body that is affected by the pregnancy and it's the woman who has to go through all the work and risks of delivery. It's her decision, not his.

Actually, those numbers are quite low.

A man has every right to his child and the child has right to live.

Upvote 0
F

free2be

That is really not a lot and if I am correct the majority of those are done for very severe reasons. Like extreme birth defects and risk of life to mother. And I find it funny how prolifers will jump on prochoicers for bringing up things like abortion in case of rape. Pointing out that such cases are rare. But then in several of these arguments it seems they turn right around start yammering about partial birth abortions..another thing that happens rarely....
I was yammering about it to prove a point on how wacked the laws are. If you think 10 per day is low, great...but that it happens at all is disturbing.

Upvote 0

jad123

Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
The moon
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you are happy to force a woman to have an unwanted organism living in her body for 9 months? Thats quite a claim you are making on someone else's body.

I am happy to force a woman not to kill a child. It is a quite a claim from those of you who that call themselves Christians yet support the killing of a baby.

Upvote 0

jad123

Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
The moon
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is really not a lot and if I am correct the majority of those are done for very severe reasons. Like extreme birth defects and risk of life to mother. And I find it funny how prolifers will jump on prochoicers for bringing up things like abortion in case of rape. Pointing out that such cases are rare. But then in several of these arguments it seems they turn right around start yammering about partial birth abortions..another thing that happens rarely....

Yeah, what is the problem here. Only murdering a handful of children, no big deal really.

Upvote 0

jad123

Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
The moon
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And thankfully.

As I'm not in a theocracy. Unless I were living on some weird Catholic island, I'm not going to suggest the government only represent one point of view.

The religious can choose not to get abortions. Those that want to - can. Safely.

Very simple.

Cool. Then lets apply that thinking across the board for murderers, pedophiles, rapist, etc.

Upvote 0

jad123

Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
The moon
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How is it sick?

You can't give birth. A woman can. She can choose not to.

The only "sick" thing here, is a man believing he has right and dominion over a woman's body by telling her what she can and cannot do with it.

Sick is the killing of children. It is amazing how you can't see it is not about choice or you body. It is about the kids not you.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Um. I didn't say that. You are using the line of reasoning "They are going to do it anyway" which may have a better temporal societal impact, but I am promoting christian values. I'm concerned more about the people that God puts in these situations and whether they handle them responsibly or not. And also whether people(christians esp.) are responsible enough to understand the variable outcome of sex, and be prepared to deal with any unplanned pregnancy by accepting it for what it is and not denying the innocent child of its right to live.
so you'd rather try to force your particular version of "Christian views" on people, and not promote easily available contraception?

Even though humans, left to their own devices, be they Christian or not, have ALWAYS ended up having sex that results in unwanted pregnancies, and abortions?

You'd rather see unwanted, unloved children being forced upon people (often single parents) who don't want them, rather than accept that universally available contraception is a good thing?

Feel free to complain about human nature all you like, but saying "gee, wouldn't it be good IF" desn't change the way things ARE

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sick is the killing of children. It is amazing how you can't see it is not about choice or you body. It is about the kids not you.
No, its about a woman's right to decide what happens with her own body.

Since YOU will never have to make such decisions, I don't think you really have any place to tell other people about how they should feel about their own bodies.

Upvote 0
C

Calliso

Are you christian? Your icon doesn't specify. Either way, I'm not inclined to argue about God and His motives unless we are on the same page to begin with..
See above. And God doesn't make mistakes, it is us who make the mistake of thinking He does. By the way, the last comment you made comes across as belittling towards God, in case you didn't notice.

Yes I am Christian.

Upvote 0
C

Calliso

Yeah, what is the problem here. Only murdering a handful of children, no big deal really.

And once again most if not all of these abortions are out of necessity. People just donlt go into an abortion clinic at 6 monthes pregnant and go gee I suddenly decided I want to have an abortion! In fact I think it is illegal in many places to get a late term abortion unless basically your life depends on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

Calliso

so you'd rather try to force your particular version of "Christian views" on people, and not promote easily available contraception?

Even though humans, left to their own devices, be they Christian or not, have ALWAYS ended up having sex that results in unwanted pregnancies, and abortions?

You'd rather see unwanted, unloved children being forced upon people (often single parents) who don't want them, rather than accept that universally available contraception is a good thing?

Feel free to complain about human nature all you like, but saying "gee, wouldn't it be good IF" desn't change the way things ARE

Exactly and a good part of the people in the world were not raised with the no sex before marriage no sex if you donlt want to get pregnant values. So you just can;t expect them to suddenly go hey your right! I am going to not have sex anymore! Really you can;t expect people as a whole to change just like that. But yeah more readily available contraception and better education in our schools will be a lot more effective in reducing abortions then hoping that people just stop having sex if they dontl want a kid.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And once again most if not all of these abortions are out of necessity. People just donlt go into an abortion clinic at 6 monthes pregnant and go gee I suddenly decided I want to have an abortion! In fact I think it is illegal in many places to get a late term abortion unless basically your life depends on it.
it is here

Upvote 0
C

Calliso

Also why do people think abortion is an easy thing to go through? Some people seem to think that the decision to abort is made in a split second. That most times there isn;t careful consideration and that the woman doesn;t considered other options. And while for a few yeah the decision might be quick but then again for all we know even in those cases the person might have given it a lot of thought before they even got pregnant!

Upvote 0
S

SilentNoMore

Exactly and a good part of the people in the world were not raised with the no sex before marriage no sex if you donlt want to get pregnant values. So you just can;t expect them to suddenly go hey your right! I am going to not have sex anymore! Really you can;t expect people as a whole to change just like that. But yeah more readily available contraception and better education in our schools will be a lot more effective in reducing abortions then hoping that people just stop having sex if they dontl want a kid.
Better education, yes.
Readily available contraception....NO! All that does is reiterate the view that sex has nothing to do with procreation...which is a lie. It is the use of contraception that has lead to abortion in our society anyway. It's like a back up plan if the condom breaks or you forgot to take your pill or you got too drunk and had sex with someone...except, this back up plan is murder.

Upvote 0

jad123

Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
The moon
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, its about a woman's right to decide what happens with her own body.

Since YOU will never have to make such decisions, I don't think you really have any place to tell other people about how they should feel about their own bodies.

I have every right to protect the innocent children. My wife thinks the same, she is a woman so does that make you feel better. Talk about sexist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

Calliso

Better education, yes.
Readily available contraception....NO! All that does is reiterate the view that sex has nothing to do with procreation...which is a lie. It is the use of contraception that has lead to abortion in our society anyway. It's like a back up plan if the condom breaks or you forgot to take your pill or you got too drunk and had sex with someone...except, this back up plan is murder.

So what happens when people donlt use contraception and the number of unwanted pregnancies goes up even higher? I mean people are going to keep having sex. Taking away contraception isnt likely to make the situation better if anything it would get far worse.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Better education, yes.
except that there has ALWAYS been abortion... even before there was effective contraception

Upvote 0
S

SilentNoMore

Also why do people think abortion is an easy thing to go through? Some people seem to think that the decision to abort is made in a split second. That most times there isn;t careful consideration and that the woman doesn;t considered other options. And while for a few yeah the decision might be quick but then again for all we know even in those cases the person might have given it a lot of thought before they even got pregnant!
Ever heard of premeditated murder? Thinking about it and making a final decision after doesn't remove the truth of the sinfulness and the evil that is done. Instead of thinking if it would be right for you (or whoever) you should think whether or not this was God's plan? Is it ok for us to kill an innocent life?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.