• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what do i do

whitedove7

Dec 21, 2004
United States
Visit site
✟1,344.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just know the Lord loves you so much. More than you can ever imagine. What I know about the Lord is that he loves all his creation, saved or not saved. He wants all his children to become saved so that they can have the promises. All you have to do is give your life to him. Just acknowledge that he is the Lord of your life. Invite him in your life. Then, chose to follow him and not follow the things of the world. Then to become strong, get into a good church that teaches the word, start reading the word, etc.

Upvote 0

dvd_holc

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
Arkansas
✟12,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even Peter denied, but Jesus forgave him and made him a pillar in his kingdom. Learn from it. Don't let fear control you. Stand for truth, good, and love which only comes from the Holy Spirit. Have courage in him. Don't fear or doubt his love. Be assured in his grace that you are forgiven yesturday, today, and tomorrow. You don't earn grace or salvation. It is a gift. Live to love God and all.

Upvote 0

Adoniram

Jan 15, 2004
Missouri
✟16,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 1:9- "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

I want to encourage you in your walk with Jesus. I just made the following reply to another new Christian who was having trouble with faith.

"The Bible has been proven to be true and accurate. Archeological finds, independent sources from ancient literature, and fulfilled prophesy back it up. The life, death and resurrection of Jesus is confirmed in more than a few ancient manuscripts from the 1st century that are independent of the Bible (The writings of Cornelius Tacitus, Josephus, and Lucian of Samosata are among those that confirm Jesus historiocity.)

The point is, you can trust the Bible. It is, after all, the Word of God. So my advice to you is to read it, study it, to strengthen your faith, and encourage you. The book of John tells of God's great love for us, so much that he sent his Son to die for us. The book of Romans explains in detail why this was necessary. First Corinthians tells us how to live as Christians and encourages us. In 1st Thessalonians we are told about Jesus promised return, another encouragement. But all the scriptures are valuable for instruction and encouragement.

So, read and grow. Your faith will increase as you do so."

I hope it will help you as well. One thing you should do, however, and it may be difficult, is to tell your atheist friend that you are indeed a Christian and ask him to forgive you for the lie. If he is any kind of a nice person at all, he will accept your admission with a spirit of forgiveness and admiration at your courage to tell him. If he chooses instead to ridicule or berate you, you would be better off to go your own way and let him go his. If he is a staunch atheist, he may try to dissuade you of your belief, and you are probably not well versed enough in the scriptures (or Christianity) at this point in your Christian life to enter into debate with him.

Whatever you do, do not let him take your faith from you. In the long run, it is more important to you than any relationship you could ever have with him.

Best wishes and God Bless.

Upvote 0

Dutchess

Mar 27, 2005
✟8,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ink.gif

Upvote 0

linchen

Legend
Jul 13, 2005
UK
Visit site
✟67,243.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
inajone said:
what am i supposed to do now about this i feel guilty

Well my brother... even Peter denied of knowing Jesus.
But he repented... and Jesus forgave him.

For some reason I think you felt threatened by this man.
May be he sounded kind of clever and you wanted to please him.
If you have the occasion, I would suggest that you confess even to him that you lied about your faith.

May God bless, and keep you!

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟21,005.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
linchen said:
Well my brother... even Peter denied of knowing Jesus.
!

He didn't say he denied Jesus. He said he wasn't a Christian. The two are not necessarily the same. Generally "Christians" are people who belong to the Christian religious movement we call the "church" (not necessarily the Body of Believers).

A person can be a follower of the Lord Jesus with a life surrendered to God without being involved in the religious organization. Some members of the religious organization actually are followers of the Lord Jesus but being His follower does not require involvement in a religious institution.

inajone: God understands why you did what you did. It does not condemn you to Hell. But ask Him to give you the strength to stand up for what you believe and the wisdom to share your faith.

Upvote 0

dvd_holc

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
Arkansas
✟12,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about encourage unity in Christ for there is but 1 heaven and 1 hell to which humanity goes. Lets lead humanity to understand and accept that a Christians is a believer not a follower of movement. As such when we say Christian it is the true image bearer of God's presence on earth through faith and the Holy Spirit's power.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟21,005.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
dvd_holc said:
How about encourage unity in Christ for there is but 1 heaven and 1 hell to which humanity goes. Lets lead humanity to understand and accept that a Christians is a believer not a follower of movement. As such when we say Christian it is the true image bearer of God's presence on earth through faith and the Holy Spirit's power.

The biggest mistake being made today, and the biggest detriment to the cause of Christ, is the propagation of the idea that all those who call themselves "Christian" are an "...image bearer of God's presence on Earth...". If that were true then the Church today would be as successful as the Church portrayed in the Book of Acts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dvd_holc

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
Arkansas
✟12,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that is were we should be. Jesus prayed for our unite. I just talked to someone who could not accept Christianity is complete nor could he belief because we aren't unified. Nonetheless, there is only one Heaven and one Hell. The path to God is through the Holy Spirit. We are made clean, holy, and perfectly acceptable through the blood of the Lamb. There is no longer Jew or Gentile, why then should be divided again? The big answer is that not everyone is the true image bearers of God. It does not change what God has called us to be.

Upvote 0

thepianist

Sep 6, 2005
✟5,574.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: Hopefully you've learned something from this situation you found yourself in. No, you won't go to hell for what has happened. If you have received Jesus as your Saviour - you will never loose Him. You need to repent of what happened...and do your best (with the Lord's help) to never deny being a Christian again.

One of the main problems in this world today - I believe - is the fact that Christians are too scared to stand up and be counted. Well - guess we will see our nation just keep slipping into the pits of hell unless we do start standing up for what is right.

You are in my prayers. :prayer:

Upvote 0

inajone

Sep 27, 2005
✟113.00
Faith
Christian
i didnt feel threatened by him but i had a feeling he was showing to me he would not be my friend anymore if i told him i was a christian
at first he called me a "rageing christian" and i was like what are you talking about and he gave me a link to the forum i was on
i didnt want to lose him so i did what i could

i understand what you are all saying and i will ask for forgivness

thank you everyone

Upvote 0

dvd_holc

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
Arkansas
✟12,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
inajone,

I am sorry that happen. But understand...this will happen a 10,000 times in life. The name of God has been used for some cruel and horrible things in life (holy wars, torture, fund raisers, etc). But wisdom is that in those horrible things it was not God was on display. You don't have to answer for anyone's behavior except your own. Stick to God's true message. Have faith and let him control your life.

Remember what happen. Next time, tell the truth. If someone asks why would you believe when there are raging christians. Say, "God loves you and you are called to love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." We all might not always display it. Consequently, this might be a stumbling stone for some. It does not change the calling from God to be good. Also, God gives grace and salvation to those who have faith. So that we can live free of the burden of sin and love all.

I know you care about your friends. You do love them. But who do you love more? God or your friends approval. This I can tell for share. Faith saves people. If you have faith then will live for him. God gives you grace and salvation as a gift once you have faith. You will be a restored man for God forever. God has accepted you in his kingdom. Your friend...his approval of you will come and go in passing. He will refuse to talk to you at times. He will use you for his own selfish desires. God will never do any of that. You will be a temple (a holy site) for God's Spirit. You will love all those you come in contact with. You will come in a encourage people to love and have hope when they need to hear it the most.

Upvote 0

ForgivenToo

Aug 10, 2005
Delaware
Visit site
✟243.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Being a Christain in this world is sooo hard. The majority of the world doesn't want to hear what we have to say, but hold fast to your faith. Peter did deny Christ 3 times, and Jesus told him he would do this, God knows what is in our hearts, and he is a forgiving God. Talk to Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums