What are your views on the Serbia-Kosovo war?

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Oafman said:
Are people really so blindly loyal to those of the same or similar faith to them, that they will side with them no matter what their crimes?

Perhaps you should ask yourself that question. Why should civilains killed by cluster bombs dropped from NATO planes bother us less than civilians killed by the Serbian troops in the course of their fight against the KLA? If anything we ought to be more conscious of the crimes commited in our name.

Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are people really so blindly loyal to those of the same or similar faith to them, that they will side with them no matter what their crimes?

Why are you ignoring the crimes of the USA/NATO/KLA terrorists who started the war in Kosovo? Is it blind loyalty to USA/NATO or even the KLA terrorists?

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Perhaps you should ask yourself that question. Why should civilains killed by cluster bombs dropped from NATO planes bother us less than civilians killed by the Serbian troops in the course of their fight against the KLA? If anything we ought to be more conscious of the crimes commited in our name.
I'm horrified by such deaths, and particularly by the use of cluster bombs, so I was delighted when most of the world committed to no longer use them, and now we're just waiting on a few more countries to sign up to that agreement (China, Russia, the United States, India, Israel, Pakistan and Brazil).

But what cluster bombs do not do, and what NATO does not do, is line up 8000 innocent men and boys, execute them, and bury them in the woods. Do you see why that concerns me more than civilian casualties from NATO's actions?

Why are you ignoring the crimes of the USA/NATO/KLA terrorists who started the war in Kosovo? Is it blind loyalty to USA/NATO or even the KLA terrorists?
I'm not. There are no innocent sides, but some sides are more guilty than others. The Bosnian Serbs committed the worst crimes that Europe has seen since the holocaust, and would have continued to do so much more if we had not stepped in to stop them. There's no excuse for the crimes committed by the KLA or anyone else, but the relative scale of these abuses is completely incomparable.

Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not. There are no innocent sides, but some sides are more guilty than others. The Bosnian Serbs committed the worst crimes that Europe has seen since the holocaust, and would have continued to do so much more if we had not stepped in to stop them. There's no excuse for the crimes committed by the KLA or anyone else, but the relative scale of these abuses is completely incomparable.

It's good that you finally admit to the atrocities of the USA/NATO and KLA terrorists.

But as this topic is specifically about the war in Kosovo then that is where our focus should be, instead of atrocities in Bosnia.

And the fact remains that the USA/NATO and KLA terrorists started the war in Kosovo. Had they not then there would have not been any killings.

The USA/NATO and KLA terrorists bear the greater guilt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This thread is becoming steadily more ridiculous. Next we'll be hearing that Srebrenica was an attempt to control Bosniak terrorists!

Where was I defending the Serbs actions on the basis of their religion? I was simply saying that the Albanians in the Kosovo war were committing atrocities-just like Muslim extremists today are doing in Europe and elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Winchester

Sep 18, 2014
✟15,298.00
My point of view about this difficult topic is that it was necessary to stop the civil war in Yoguslavia. All the crimes that were done in that area were not the result because different faith communities want it that way. They were done because of the nationalistic awakening of all the different ethnic groups in that area. It was a civil war! Yoguslavia broke up and every ethnic group was afraid to suffer again or lose liberty under a new other regime. But the separation of Kosovo from Serbia is in my eyes a crime and illegal done by the american government. The separation was against international law and a robbery of serbian motherland. In my eyes Kosovo is Serbia and it will come the day when the Serbians will get back what always belong to them.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point of view about this difficult topic is that it was necessary to stop the civil war in Yoguslavia. All the crimes that were done in that area were not the result because different faith communities want it that way. They were done because of the nationalistic awakening of all the different ethnic groups in that area. It was a civil war! Yoguslavia broke up and every ethnic group was afraid to suffer again or lose liberty under a new other regime. But the separation of Kosovo from Serbia is in my eyes a crime and illegal done by the american government. The separation was against international law and a robbery of serbian motherland. In my eyes Kosovo is Serbia and it will come the day when the Serbians will get back what always belong to them.

Yep that about sums it up. Both sides were pretty bad in Kosova. I remember at the time supporting NATO Intervention in Bosnia and then Kosova on the grounds of preventing people being killed rather than killing people. It needed an external to enforce the peace. I also remember at the time being quite shocked about the level of Mafia activity amongst the Albanian Muslims in Kosova. Up until that time I had been broadly opposed to Serbia as being Christian in name only but after Kosova I became more sympathetic to them.

In the current context the introduction of Muslim majority states in Europe seems a mistake that will probably generate problems later. Not just in terms of terrorism but also in terms of economic wellbeing. Compare Bosnia Herzegovina with Croatia or Slovenia for instance. Per capita income is about 1/4 of the others after 20 years of Muslim dominated government. Even Serbia which was very damaged by the war and sanctions that followed is richer in PPP terms.

Upvote 0

klibera

Jan 25, 2015
✟7,633.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I supported the Clinton intervention in Serbia & Kosovo. I think it was one of Clinton's major feats-the U.S.-a largely Christian nation stood up to the inability of other nations to stop ethnic cleansing. Clinton even outshone the hawkish republicans who opposed his resolution (no oil involved). We successfully accomplished the mission w/o casualty. A former athlete I used to coach was in this war. His copter was shot down but he's ok. I think this action showed the U.S. could rise to a higher level. Now the U.S. did not attack the Eastern Orthodox of those communities (namely Serbia). The war was not against Eastern Orthodoxy (note my current faith). The goal was to chase down Milosevich & co. Now granted today's Hague trials are not like Nuremberg but Clinton did the right thing.

Upvote 0

Winchester

Sep 18, 2014
✟15,298.00
I supported the Clinton intervention in Serbia & Kosovo. I think it was one of Clinton's major feats-the U.S.-a largely Christian nation stood up to the inability of other nations to stop ethnic cleansing. Clinton even outshone the hawkish republicans who opposed his resolution (no oil involved). We successfully accomplished the mission w/o casualty. A former athlete I used to coach was in this war. His copter was shot down but he's ok. I think this action showed the U.S. could rise to a higher level. Now the U.S. did not attack the Eastern Orthodox of those communities (namely Serbia). The war was not against Eastern Orthodoxy (note my current faith). The goal was to chase down Milosevich & co. Now granted today's Hague trials are not like Nuremberg but Clinton did the right thing.

Please do not missunderstand me wrong. I also think that the military intervention was necessary to stop all these war crimes in that area and Milosevich & Co. are war criminals in my eyes and it was right to hand over them to the UN War Crime Tribunal. What I refuse as an illegal act is the separation of Kosovo from Serbia as an independent nation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Everything that the Serbs did in Kosovo and Bosnia was the right thing to do and approved by God. Since 312 AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, the Serbs are the 5th horseman to excel at killing the enemies of Jesus (as Jesus commands us to do in Luke 19:27). As General Ratko said, the Srebonica massacre was the marriage supper of the Lamb which resulted in a lot of dead bodies for the birds of the air to feast on. It was wrong for the Us to attack the Serbs.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Someday, when the US is weak and Serbia is strong, Serbia will retake Pec (and Kosovo), and then retake Skopje (their ancient capital). Then the last golden lampstand to be created will be first one to be completely restored (fulfilling the prophecy of Jesus that the last shall be first). And the Serbs will receive the 7 great promises that Jesus has made to the Church that conquers. Also, in God's poetic justice, the two races that Hitler (the antichrist) tried to exterminate will each be a great nation that will last for a thousand years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Simonline

The Inquisitor
Aug 8, 2002
North West England
Visit site
✟13,927.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What are your views on the Serbia-Kosovo war and US intervention against Serbia?

I used to not know that much about this topic, but after doing research from different sources, I discovered a lot of facts about what happened during the Serbian war. While its true that the Serbian Christians did do some things in war that was wrong, if you look at the big picture, the muslims were causing a lot of trouble there. Im not saying all of the things the Serbians did was right-they did some war crimes-but the other side did many horrific war crimes too. Heres a list. War crimes in the Kosovo War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe it was wrong for the US to intervene against Serbia. The Muslims there were doing atrocities in that war, against Christians. Heres another example of it.

Top Kosovo ex-fighters face organ trafficking, war crimes indictment

Difference sources back it up and confirm the same facts.

Have you ever read Saga - Israel And The Demise Of The Nations by Ramon Bennett http://www.amazon.com/Saga-Israel-Nations-Ramon-Bennett/dp/9659000030 ?

Well worth reading (as are all Bennett's other books)

Simonline.

Upvote 0

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
What are your views on the Serbia-Kosovo war and US intervention against Serbia?

I used to not know that much about this topic, but after doing research from different sources, I discovered a lot of facts about what happened during the Serbian war. While its true that the Serbian Christians did do some things in war that was wrong, if you look at the big picture, the muslims were causing a lot of trouble there. Im not saying all of the things the Serbians did was right-they did some war crimes-but the other side did many horrific war crimes too. Heres a list. War crimes in the Kosovo War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe it was wrong for the US to intervene against Serbia. The Muslims there were doing atrocities in that war, against Christians. Heres another example of it.

Top Kosovo ex-fighters face organ trafficking, war crimes indictment

Difference sources back it up and confirm the same facts.
The Serbian propaganda machine would be the envy of Goebbels. If you were to look further you would find that Serbian imperialism was the problem and that they used religion to further their goals. Yugoslavia didn't break into 7 different countries as a fluke. Everyone was sick and tired of Serbian chauvinism. Genocide was Serbian policy in the 90's. Croats, Pomaks, and Albanians all had to fight defensive wars against genocidal Serbian forces.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The Serbian propaganda machine would be the envy of Goebbels.

The US propaganda macjine was a touch more sophisticated.

Genocide was Serbian policy in the 90's.

Lies. The NATO bombing of Serbia killed as many civilians as the Yugoslavian Army anti-terrorist campaign in Kosovo.

Upvote 0

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
The US propaganda macjine was a touch more sophisticated.

Lies. The NATO bombing of Serbia killed as many civilians as the Yugoslavian Army anti-terrorist campaign in Kosovo.
Tell that the people of srebrenica and Sarajevo.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
1) The thread is about Kosovo
2) The Sebrenica massacre was not carried out by the Yugoslav Army, but by an independent Serbian militia unaffiliated with any government.
3) The Croatian an Muslim militias in Bosnia were hardly angels either.

Upvote 0

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
1) The thread is about Kosovo
2) The Sebrenica massacre was not carried out by the Yugoslav Army, but by an independent Serbian militia unaffiliated with any government.
3) The Croatian an Muslim militias in Bosnia were hardly angels either.
Part of why the the Civilized world stood up to Serbian aggression in Kosovo was the lesson learned in Bosnia.
Serb forces in the militia and the JNA is a distinction without a difference. The Militia in Bosnia was affiliated with the Pale "Government" which was affiliated with Serbia!
Militias are never made up of Angels. Thus the Civilized nations did the right thing by protecting the Kosavars. Slovenes, Croats, Pomaks, and Macedonians didn't all declare independence just for the fun of it. The Serbs were intolerable to remain in a nation state with. Even the Montenegrins had to leave in the face of Serb Nationalistic aggression.

Upvote 0
Nov 28, 2010
New York, New York
✟34,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

That's categorically false. Approx. 500 civilians died in the NATO bombings of Serbia, which is one of the lowest civilian casualty rates in a large scale bombing campaign in the history of modern warfare. Meanwhile, 11,000 Albanians were killed in Kosovo. That number would have only gone up had NATO not intervened.

Upvote 0