• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose that makes sense. I'm from a very cold an landlocked state that's mistaken for Canadian territory sometimes (mainly by Canadians lol) so the thought of someone moving to a place like Australia is so strange and so out of the blue.

I wouldn't mind being so far from my family, might keep them from snooping and trying to find out my latest mistake to yell at me about. But yeah, for a lot, distance can be hard.

Do you ever miss it?

I have missed the smoked eel, snacks and cakes a lot but otherwise I haven't missed Holland much at all. Australia is much more beautiful especially where I live.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
i've been told to speak to the main office immediately at eight and to inform my property manager that i will continuously call until something is done. doesn't matter if i'm moving out, they're disturbing other residents.

i'm not gonna retaliate violently this time. too tired to. i did leave a note for them, though. and did call the cops but they only slammed their door and turned it up higher. i can hear it in my living room. and i will happily do another live recording of it, over the phone. i have up to 20 now, all in different rooms, saved to my phone.

i have a bad headache. my friend suggested i get a noise maker thing and set it outside their door. i'm not gonna be like that tbh. yet.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Feeling alright. Going to see the Revenant movie with a couple of friends. It's funny, we always give each other a hard time when we all meet. In just the right way. Ridiculous insults that we can't help but laugh at. For some reason, that's what we do. Always, and a lot.

BRB, preparing to give and take insults and childish banter. Also, the movie. God bless all of you.

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Who ever asked me about the transmission it'll take about $1300 to replace it to brand new not sure on rebuilt. Need to take it to someone who knows them and can work on some thing for us to pay for it some how. Right now my SO is hunting down a car, found one but one problem and I'm a tad frustrated about it is, the false advertising on Craig list so SO put in a notice that its false advertising due to its for $500 and its a cute 99' Geo metro a standard (which I know how to drive ex had one many moons ago) and the guy wants $1200 cash. No down payment was in the ad at all. So, needless I am irritated beyond measure as is my SO. The good side is my SO's job is willing to help on a funding for a car for him to get to work so God is hearing my heart and prayers on this whole situation for sure and I thank him for that to.

Right now I'm cold as a ice cube today n no clue why I know the weather outside is warming some but we've had major winds in the last few days in the 20 mph range and very cold.. Washed my blanket so got that on me now and trying stay warm and keep a headache at bay took stuff and ate 2 slices of pizza which helps but feeling cold is not helping.

So not much happening just relaxing as best I can n doing a quick round of wash which is done just need put away. Blessings everyone

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's hope so, not sure that I want to go back there.

I know what you mean. Sometimes when its dark i cant see whats ahead. I forget that the sun will shine again. Its hard to see clearly. That the nature of the darkness, it blinds us. Its the pain and fear we feel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I have missed the smoked eel, snacks and cakes a lot but otherwise I haven't missed Holland much at all. Australia is much more beautiful especially where I live.

When you speak of Holland, do you mean the region of Netherlands? Or have I been told wrong and Holland can be used interchangeably with Netherlands?

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you Jeshu for responding to my previous post. I am doing well today. Yesterday, I went to the Japanese class and had fun. Everybody there was part of an English teaching program except for me. I enjoyed talking in English with them. My Japanese level is above average though. I want to practice writing Chinese characters, but realize I may have to do this on my own. Nevertheless, I should gain something from being in class even if it is just friendship with others.

Yesterday, I stayed out from 12pm to 9pm and had taken my medication early. I developed akathisia and was wondering if I could stay in public for a long period of time. I felt wasted by the time the class started but enjoyed being in class. Oddly, I forgot about my akathisia and focused on having a good time. I wonder if God was there for me since I really felt uncomfortable during the afternoon and wanted to go home as soon as possible but persevered because I wanted to see what the class was like. I'm glad I stayed outside. God is good to me.

I also went to the job-placement office and applied for information about jobs. I realize it may take me about more than a half-a-year to find a job.

Tonight, I go to a small group meeting at someone's house. I enjoy going for talking and listening. I am trying to go out more to get used to being with others. I actually enjoy being with others but have a hard time relating. However, I try to converse as much as possible. This has helped me in talking to others. I have to talk in Japanese. It is good practice for me.

I am thinking about becoming a medical translator. I sometimes think I want to be one then, sometimes, I don't. I have a medical degree from an American Medical School. I cannot practice medicine now because of my illness but want to do something with my background. I know I need to improve my Japanese. It is not easy. I also have to improve my English composition skills. I probably can work as a translator right now. However, I live in a small rural area. There are no major translating companies here. I would have to move. I don't want to move though. I have to think of other ways to make a living for now.However, eventually, I would like to be a professional medical translator one day. I believe, if God opens the door for me to be one, it will happen.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you speak of Holland, do you mean the region of Netherlands? Or have I been told wrong and Holland can be used interchangeably with Netherlands?

A lot of people say Holland instead of the Netherlands. The Netherlands historically existed of 12 small kingdoms that all became provinces of the Netherlands. South and North Holland are just two of them but that is where the name Holland comes from. I came from a small place in North Holland so I do come from Holland, which is in the North West of the Netherlands. (About 60 Kilometres above Amsterdam.)

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you Jeshu for responding to my previous post. I am doing well today. Yesterday, I went to the Japanese class and had fun. Everybody there was part of an English teaching program except for me. I enjoyed talking in English with them. My Japanese level is above average though. I want to practice writing Chinese characters, but realize I may have to do this on my own. Nevertheless, I should gain something from being in class even if it is just friendship with others.

Is Japanese at all difficult? One of my friends says its not, but she's multi-lingual and picks up on language very quickly.

Chinese isn't too bad! Japanese is based off of it, but obviously very different (due to historical reasons, I think you might be aware of it if you're currently living in Japan). Speaking Chinese, however, is much more different than writing it due to how it's based on tone and inflections, and one mispronunciation could lead to a lot of problems. You might benefit from Memrise or Duolingo! They're both free, and I use Memrise for Bulgarian and Duolingo for Italian.

A lot of people say Holland instead of the Netherlands. The Netherlands historically existed of 12 small kingdoms that all became provinces of the Netherlands. South and North Holland are just two of them but that is where the name Holland comes from. I came from a small place in North Holland so I do come from Holland, which is in the North West of the Netherlands. (About 60 Kilometres above Amsterdam.)

Okay, I think I get it! I haven't really studied Holland yet and from what I can recall in school, we only ever referred to Holland as either the Netherlands or the Dutch, depending on the context.

What's one of your favorite parts of Australia, aside from the scenery and weather (which are both huge pluses?)? I hope you don't mind me asking questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
why do cats keep laying on my face? i drove 20 or so minutes back to my friends when she got off work (this time, asking her if it was okay), napped on her couch and woke up to one of her cats sleeping on my face and a mouthful of fur.

inhaling fur is not fun.

outside of that, i am feeling so much better than i have been. still a little down.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Continuous dark days for me! Not easy as some of you will know what has been going on in my life (All my fault). Most days are covered with a blanket of thick depressive clouds! I am grateful for having a superb forum such as this one and the awesome people on here full of God!

God Bless you all

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you chaoticfirefly for responding to my post. I find Japanese difficult but am semi-fluent. I studied Japanese from my mother. I also have passed the most advanced level of the Japanese Proficiency Language Test but still find Japanese difficult. I think that Japanese is difficult since there are nuances and different forms - polite, standard, colloquial, etc. I think pronouncing Japanese is easy but to catch the slight nuances and to know the different forms quite well is a life-long endeavor. Japanese is a very vague language. It is hard to understand the true meaning of one's statements unless one knows the context. On the other hand, Chinese is grammatically the same as English. Also, they have only one sound for each character, whereas Japanese has many ways to say one character. I find that people who speak Chinese don't have much difficulty with English. However, many Japanese have a hard time speaking English. I don't know the true reason for this but believe that the English and Japanese are extremely different languages and there are not comparable in any way even in Japanese simulation of English words. For example, pasocon is personal computer, rimocon is remote control, wapuro is word processor, etc. I think superficially Japanese may seem easier than Chinese but if one analyzes Japanese carefully from an English-speaker's perspective, Japanese is about as difficult as learning Arabic for an English speaker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What's one of your favorite parts of Australia, aside from the scenery and weather (which are both huge pluses?)? I hope you don't mind me asking questions.

I haven't seen much of Australia when it comes to places. I've lived in Australia near 36 years but haven't been around much. Just the Southern part of Western Australia. (Only 800 kilometres up and 350 kilometres wide.) I've also been to Cairns, that is in Queensland, it is tropical there with lots of rainforest around. The best part of Australia is that it is multi cultural, people from all walks of life live in Australia, and I also like the space we still have here.

Aussie attitude can also be excellent - it should be all right mate - is one of Australian's favourite sayings, though it isn't said as often as it used to be because life has become harder here as well, it is still a good attitude to have I reckon. Another real bonus living in Australia is that we have a much better health system than you guys in America have. Living here is much more expensive than in the US, but the wages and working conditions are better.

I also really like the original owners of the land, the Aborigines, a fascinating culture, if ever there was one, and the oldest in the world. Sadly enough they have not been treated well here in Australia and it can be heart rendering to see many of these people live in third world conditions and others on the fringes of the cities often suffering from displacement, a poor lifestyle and poor life choices.

All in all Australia is a beautiful country and as some say - is the lucky country - this has been very true for us - though nowadays the cream has been squandered by greedy people, with ever escalating house and food prices and much poorer wages and working conditions, it has become much harder to make ends meet than it used to be. For example 34 years ago we bought a three bed room home on 950 square meters of land for 24,500 dollars, on a wage of around $180 - 250 a week, the same house now cost 350,000 to 450,000 dollars on a wage of 700 - 1000 dollars a week, as you can see an incredible increase in the housing cost - 15 to 18 fold - compared to the wages earned - 4 fold. I suppose you can guess who is making a killing?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Continuous dark days for me! Not easy as some of you will know what has been going on in my life (All my fault). Most days are covered with a blanket of thick depressive clouds! I am grateful for having a superb forum such as this one and the awesome people on here full of God!

God Bless you all

I hope you will find safety in Jesus arms as you continue to go through this dark time. Forgiveness is a magical word brother, let God's grace comfort and strengthen you.

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.