• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Life is starting to look up.

It has been raining hard today, and there's supposed to be a tornado at some point. I had to walk around between classes in the rain, and now my Bible, my main binder for school stuff, and my writing journal are all wet :( I had my backpack closed, but the moisture seeped through or something.

That sucks. They make rain repellent that you can spray on your outdoor gear. Maybe that will be helpful in the future. I have never used it but it i think it works.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That sucks. They make rain repellent that you can spray on your outdoor gear. Maybe that will be helpful in the future. I have never used it but it i think it works.
Good! Saves me from having to invent a "book drying" machine. I was doing laundry and thought, "what if there was a machine that could dry paper?"

Reactions: Extraneous
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
insight.gif

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm taking a free Japanese class tomorrow. They are going to test me then place me in a certain class. I want to learn more Japanese and how to write Chinese characters. I look forward to going but it is at night. It is cold but I should be fine.

I am taking an English composition class online. It is not that hard for me. I like to write and hope to improve my writing. I am taking another class in March online. I like these classes because I can do my homework at anytime.

I am still looking for a job and am going to a job-placement office tomorrow before the Japanese class. I am hoping to find something before summer. My church is praying for me. I am hoping to at least find a English-teaching position. I don't know what kind of jobs are available and will find out soon.

It just snowed recently. It is colder now than before. I am spending much on electricity since I have an electric heating stove. I cannot complain because I am warm near my stove and am comfortable.

I've been in Japan for six months now and am happy here. I only started looking for a job a month ago and will try to increase my efforts into looking for a job. I have a good feeling about my future though. I am not too picky about jobs and will do what I have to in order to survive here. I really like my church here and feel blessed that God directed me towards church again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
tired.

been trying to sleep on and off. might just take something to help me sleep :/ five in the morning though

edit: have y'all read about this man? Figured some of you might like to know about him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tired.

been trying to sleep on and off. might just take something to help me sleep :/ five in the morning though

edit: have y'all read about this man? Figured some of you might like to know about him.

Dobri Dobrev? I have never heard of him before but he seems like good brother, to love people like God loves people is indeed a note worthy undertaking We need more people like that in this world. People like mother Theresa, Bishop Tutu and a handful of others who hear the cry of the less fortunate in this world.

"The good will is just and true. Everything in it is good. We must not lie, nor steal, nor commit adultery. We must love each other as God loves us." Dobri Dobrev

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
tired.

Seems like a good man. I don't know if walking for miles every day is required, but he seems to have a kind heart.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Seems like a good man. I don't know if walking for miles every day is required, but he seems to have a kind heart.

It's not, but he's dedicated in doing something good for other people. Plus, he's mostly deaf, and I'm sure with his age, eye sight is going and if I'm converting right, he's not too far from the capital (Google is being entirely unhelpful) of Sofia--and I have no idea if buses even run out to where he lives, which has more people. Not to mention, Bulgaria's got some beautiful sights so I bet that adds to his journey (but nothing will ever beat Bosnia in scenery, sorry Tempura). Dude's doing an amazing thing, especially in a country like Bulgaria where funds are lacking for things such as orphanages.

Dobri Dobrev? I have never heard of him before but he seems like good brother, to love people like God loves people is indeed a note worthy undertaking We need more people like that in this world. People like mother Theresa, Bishop Tutu and a handful of others who hear the cry of the less fortunate in this world.

"The good will is just and true. Everything in it is good. We must not lie, nor steal, nor commit adultery. We must love each other as God loves us." Dobri Dobrev

Not much of a response aside from a fun fact: Mother Theresa was Macedonian, but nationally Ottoman/Indian, and part of the Albanian Roman Catholic Church sister and as you know, missionary! He's lived through a lot (he was born in 1914) and I think most people by his age or even way younger, would have just given up. You can tell people like him are truly good people.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Cranky. My upstairs neighbors have been stomping around, and my next door neighbors have been blasting music.

So I threw breakable and important things at my wall, before throwing other things until they turned it off. Pretty sure they called the cops lmao

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cranky. My upstairs neighbors have been stomping around, and my next door neighbors have been blasting music.

So I threw breakable and important things at my wall, before throwing other things until they turned it off. Pretty sure they called the cops lmao

We had a neighbour once who lived more than 150 meters away from us, 40 meters that distance was thick bush, who managed to keep us awake for nights on end. They used to tie their their cars and then rev them up until they blew both back tires or blew their motor. The whole neighbourhood rang to complain but the police wouldn't come. We live 20 kilometres away from the nearest cop station. Some people went there to shut them up but were chased with an axe of the property. We prayed to God to help us forgive him, it was so hard not to hate and dislike this person, it was so frustrating. Night after night and his music and his screaming arguments. Then it stopped for 2 years, to our relief and we thought it had stopped for good, but then for some reason he came back and it started up again. We prayed to God to help us forgive this man. Suddenly it stopped, the man left, his house (he lived in the shed) burned down, and the owner sold the rest of the property to people who sleep at night. We heard that he end-up in jail for assault.

Both me and my wife feel sorry for this person. He was mentally ill and couldn't sleep at night. He drank like fish and would get blotted and then the fun would start.Yes yes it can be hard to love people for real, that's for sure, but in the end a lot less hassle than raging at them, hating them or wishing them harm, such only brings more misery around we know from experience.

Not much of a response aside from a fun fact: Mother Theresa was Macedonian, but nationally Ottoman/Indian, and part of the Albanian Roman Catholic Church sister and as you know, missionary! He's lived through a lot (he was born in 1914) and I think most people by his age or even way younger, would have just given up. You can tell people like him are truly good people.

Yes indeed good can live in our hearts. When we refuse wrong and cultivate good instead, it is a choice we make constantly - either bad thoughts and feelings, or good thoughts and feelings. Good people, like Gandhi for example, worked hard to get where he is today, it is a constant dying to the bad stuff, and carefully nurturing the good life growing.

I admire all good people, it proves to me that God is around and that He will certainly prevail. For cultivating good life makes much more sense than tilling bad life that's for sure. Good comes from the truth, bad comes from the lie, that is how I see it.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm taking a free Japanese class tomorrow. They are going to test me then place me in a certain class. I want to learn more Japanese and how to write Chinese characters. I look forward to going but it is at night. It is cold but I should be fine.

I am taking an English composition class online. It is not that hard for me. I like to write and hope to improve my writing. I am taking another class in March online. I like these classes because I can do my homework at anytime.

I am still looking for a job and am going to a job-placement office tomorrow before the Japanese class. I am hoping to find something before summer. My church is praying for me. I am hoping to at least find a English-teaching position. I don't know what kind of jobs are available and will find out soon.

It just snowed recently. It is colder now than before. I am spending much on electricity since I have an electric heating stove. I cannot complain because I am warm near my stove and am comfortable.

I've been in Japan for six months now and am happy here. I only started looking for a job a month ago and will try to increase my efforts into looking for a job. I have a good feeling about my future though. I am not too picky about jobs and will do what I have to in order to survive here. I really like my church here and feel blessed that God directed me towards church again!

Yeah that is the problem winter is so expensive, my dad always complained about that all the time as well back in Holland, not that we as kids cared much, apart of when he turned it down to far and it was freezing in the bathroom for example.

Here in Australia we do have extra cost but usually our solar panels, we got 5 kilowatt on the roof, pay for the cost. Our solar system turned out to be a good investment.

I hope and pray that everything will work our for you and that you will continue to find support in your new community.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah that is the problem winter is so expensive, my dad always complained about that all the time as well back in Holland, not that we as kids cared much, apart of when he turned it down to far and it was freezing in the bathroom for example.

Here in Australia we do have extra cost but usually our solar panels, we got 5 kilowatt on the roof, pay for the cost. Our solar system turned out to be a good investment.

I hope and pray that everything will work our for you and that you will continue to find support in your new community.

Sorry to butt in, and off topic, but how come you moved to Australia?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to butt in, and off topic, but how come you moved to Australia?

I was young at the time not yet 20 and not very happy with my parents, I didn't like wet wintry Holland and was curious after the wider world. I migrate to Australia knowing very little about it at the time, I couldn't even speak much English, but have learned to love and admire much of it. I wasn't sure if I would stay at first but then after a year or so, I met my future wife and my fate was sealed.

Australia is a beautiful country and has overall looked after me very well in times of trouble. Over time I did see the errors of my own seeing and came to forgive and love my parents again. I have also really missed my brothers and sisters and their families. I didn't think about that at the time I migrated, but found out later on that you have to pay a price when you travel so far away from your loved ones. Still I have made my own life here and have a close circle of loved ones mainly close around me. I have been back to Holland 4 times over the 35 years I have been here. My family, mainly my mum and dad, kindly donated the travel costs at the time, because we had no penny to scratch ourselves with at the time.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I was young at the time not yet 20 and not very happy with my parents, I didn't like wet wintry Holland and was curious after the wider world. I migrate to Australia knowing very little about it at the time, I couldn't even speak much English, but have learned to love and admire much of it. I wasn't sure if I would stay at first but then after a year or so, I met my future wife and my fate was sealed.

Australia is a beautiful country and has overall looked after me very well in times of trouble. Over time I did see the errors of my own seeing and came to forgive and love my parents again. I have also really missed my brothers and sisters and their families. I didn't think about that at the time I migrated, but found out later on that you have to pay a price when you travel so far away from your loved ones. Still I have made my own life here and have a close circle of loved ones mainly close around me. I have been back to Holland 4 times over the 35 years I have been here. My family, mainly my mum and dad, kindly donated the travel costs at the time, because we had no penny to scratch ourselves with at the time.

I suppose that makes sense. I'm from a very cold an landlocked state that's mistaken for Canadian territory sometimes (mainly by Canadians lol) so the thought of someone moving to a place like Australia is so strange and so out of the blue.

I wouldn't mind being so far from my family, might keep them from snooping and trying to find out my latest mistake to yell at me about. But yeah, for a lot, distance can be hard.

Do you ever miss it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.