• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodsGirlToday61

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
✟24,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had to take massive amounts of medication for an IT-BAND tear, and now that stopped taking the massive amounts, I'm having extreme emotional ups/downs before my regular medication time: self-hating, weepy, angry (zing/bang/zing/bang... :ill::noooo::shutup::waaah:

I feel like I shouldn't post when I feel down like this because it will bring someone else down, and I want to be encouraging, but to make sure it's not pride leading me to feel that way, I am posting:

I HATE medications!!! and a whole lot more--and that's how it goes, until the rest of the massive medication residue leaves my system--don't know when that will be:

I can't pray; I can't make sense out of my usual books; if I read a simpler one I end up feeling mean-spirited about the pious person in it...

OK, now I'm smiling.

I'm human, that's it, really, isn't it--just as human as anyone else:

And...

I still HATE this!

I need:

:crossrc:

:crosseo:

:prayer:

:groupray:

~ Carolyn

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had to take massive amounts of medication for an IT-BAND tear, and now that stopped taking the massive amounts, I'm having extreme emotional ups/downs before my regular medication time: self-hating, weepy, angry (zing/bang/zing/bang... :ill::noooo::shutup::waaah:

I feel like I shouldn't post when I feel down like this because it will bring someone else down, and I want to be encouraging, but to make sure it's not pride leading me to feel that way, I am posting:

I HATE medications!!! and a whole lot more--and that's how it goes, until the rest of the massive medication residue leaves my system--don't know when that will be:

I can't pray; I can't make sense out of my usual books; if I read a simpler one I end up feeling mean-spirited about the pious person in it...

OK, now I'm smiling.

And...

I still HATE this!

I need:

~ Carolyn

Drink a lot of water and await better times. Luckily faith in God doesn't just fall over hen we go through a bad patch, more often than not faith in God gets us through the bad spots.

I hope you will soon feel a bit better again.:hug:

Upvote 0

GodsGirlToday61

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
✟24,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
^^ Thanks Jeshu :)

It comes and goes, and right now, it's gone--thank God, cuz woo-eee (however you spell that) when it peaks, geez-a-lou.

But I'm ready to lie down and pray, go to sleep, so that'll be very lovely.

Glad to see you are feeling dare I say, 'perky'? :thumbsup:

~ Carolyn

Upvote 0

sarahelizabeth

7-18-12
Apr 30, 2011
Chilling with the zombies and penguins
✟27,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
sarahelizabeth,

Yes, He surely is... I remind myself, frequently, He just IS whereas we have to do, you know our will separate from action, but God is The Great I AM: Love, Mercy, Justice (and keep on going) Woo-hoo! :clap:

amen sister right on :amen::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Have a headache .. :sigh:
Praying it goes quickly! :hug:

OK, now I'm smiling.

And...

I still HATE this!

I need:

~ Carolyn

It comes and goes, and right now, it's gone--thank God, cuz woo-eee (however you spell that) when it peaks, geez-a-lou.

But I'm ready to lie down and pray, go to sleep, so that'll be very lovely.

~ Carolyn

Glad things are a bit better right now, sweetie - praying that it continues that way.
You're allowed to post when you're down - you encourage others so much, let us have the privilege of returning the favour sometimes :)
:hug:

CFx 0.0.4/0

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodsGirlToday61

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
✟24,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, Criada, for letting me know I give encouragement and can, even ought to, post when I'm hurting. :ouch:

I am what used to be called--don't know how much its talked about any more--an adult child of alcoholics, and I was 'the caretaker', not encouraged nor usually allowed to voice complaints, so it is an old habit to feel I don't have it as bad, need to bother anyone, and must stay upbeat, bay-bee :thumbsup:

Well, rough night, start to the day, and now 'maintenance' till sleep...

The residue from the injury medication will leave eventually, and my normal sense of self will return, but like most humans, I wanna know when-- or better yet, determine when, like, hmm, how 'bout now? :)

This is a great forum, period; and even better when neediness arises, so I can go from :stress: to :sohappy:

~ Carolyn

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,:wave:

I did my first day work at the men's accommodation house today. I got to know the co-ordinator, who is a nice person and chatted with some homeless men and served them lunch.

It was very quiet which gave me plenty of time to get to know the co-ordinator and what she had all been up to. She appeared to be a very active bubbly kind of person, with a good insight into human nature.

I talked about depression, which she suffers bouts from as well, for quiet awhile, she was fascinated with some of the coping techniques I knew and agreed that faith in Jesus was very helpful in surviving the onslaught of depression.

We also discussed some of the problems we have in our Church and found that we had a lot of common ground.

It is good to be more active again, even though I can only cope with a few days a week, it is better than sitting at home getting bored.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pumpkin bread is done, smells yummy, my husband is home and happy, I'm heating up my IT-band area and posting, so it's good. :wave: to Friends (And I think I have a lot of 'em on CF)

:bye:

~ Carolyn
WOW sis seeing this has made me hungry I LOVE pumpkin pie!!!! Sounds yummy! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

GodsGirlToday61

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
✟24,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
^^ aFlower4God is a gorgeous name :)

I'm feeling full: I had to 'test' the pumpkin bread :thumbsup: and it's purty good, yep.

I am sending you two still slightly warm pieces--they are moist, too (raisins and banana desserts: Gerbers) makes the bread extra moist and tasty--in addition to pumpkin puree and eggs and vegetable oil and plain yogurt and brown sugar and spices...)

~ Carolyn

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well Good Morning from West Coast.. its after 12 am here, and I am sooo ready for bed... I had a headache/Migraine for 2 days and toady I thought oh good Lord, another one but it went down.. Course I lashed out at my brother a bit, feel bad bout it, but I was having a major melt down... I hate those with such passion.. normally I keep things under control well today failed in that... So we'll see after much needed sleep.. I had a Dr apt today and they did an Echo on my heart and lungs hope to find out more news on the results n see where we go from here if any ...So that about it...much love n prayers going out...Peace..

Upvote 0

GodsGirlToday61

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
✟24,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think I need out of the house, to Mass, with people, because I spend most of my time inside, in prayer and reading spiritual books--and after a few days, maybe three to four, if I don't have at least one friendly exchange with another person--besides my husband, I start getting dull-witted, I guess is the best way to put it: just a dullard, no oomph, or something :doh: :idea: :o

~ Carolyn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.