Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The failure to respond appropriately for the last 35 years to the clear signal of pending doom from excess CO2 emissions is not on the engineers.

And who gave us those "excessive CO2 emissions" in the first place?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Scientists as usual.

Probably, but if he doesn't say it how will we know he wasn't implying Catholics? Hmmm. Or maybe this is part of his game to imply that *I* blame engineers for everything. (Not everything, just a lot of terrorism.)

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟278,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably, but if he doesn't say it how will we know he wasn't implying Catholics? Hmmm. Or maybe this is part of his game to imply that *I* blame engineers for everything. (Not everything, just a lot of terrorism.)
Not only terrorism.
Engineering and Woo.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Your link is blaming engineers, not scientists.

Albeit, what exactly is the difference?

I use "scientist" in the vague sense that it is anyway.

Sort of as an umbrella term for everyone from astronomers to zoologists.

I grew up hearing things like: SCIENCE PUT MEN ON THE MOON, SCIENCE GAVE US MEDICINES TO CURE YOUNAMEIT, SCIENCE DID THIS, AND SCIENCE DID THAT.

So, to me, science can just take the blame for tragedies that have happened in the past.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟278,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your link is blaming engineers, not scientists.

Albeit, what exactly is the difference?

I use "scientist" in the vague sense that it is anyway.

Sort of as an umbrella term for everyone from astronomers to zoologists.

I grew up hearing things like: SCIENCE PUT MEN ON THE MOON, SCIENCE GAVE US MEDICINES TO CURE YOUNAMEIT, SCIENCE DID THIS, AND SCIENCE DID THAT.

So, to me, science can just take the blame for tragedies that have happened in the past.
The link is tongue in cheek and shouldn't be taken seriously.
To put it in the simplest terms, scientists come up with the ideas, engineers put the ideas to use.
Engineers deserve as much as credit for getting men on the Moon.

How the Apollo 13 disaster was handled which prevented it turning into a tragedy illustrates the roles of engineering and science.
The role of engineering was to keep the astronauts alive for as long as possible while the scientists and mathematicians worked on a solution on getting the astronauts back to Earth.
The problem was due to exploding oxygen tanks due to a short circuit, an engineering fault.
The engineers instructed the astronauts to jury rig a LiOH cannister (pictured) as a CO₂ scrubber to prevent them from suffocating from their exhaled breaths in the lunar module.

deliveryService

Other engineering functions were to power down resources in the command module and divert them to the lunar module.

The scientists and mathematicians came up with the solution the only hope of rescuing the astronauts was using the Moon's gravity as a slingshot which required Apollo 13 to continue its course to the Moon after the explosion.

explosion_position.gif

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To put it in the simplest terms, scientists come up with the ideas, engineers put the ideas to use.

Okay, thanks.

Is it fair to say that scientists create the software that engineers use to do the work?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums