Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So there's no more "jobs" we sign up for? We don't have any income?

Gosh I have so many questions... I should start a list lol

I think the jobs will return... give it a little time :)

Feel free to post your list, or PM me.... I probably don't know all the answers, but I can find out :hug:

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Staff are now secretative....

Gone is the link to the list of all staff and staff teams.

Gone is the list in each forum of who is serving there.

It's now all very secretative.

Why?

CF came back on with a bare-bones structure. It is all being added back in over the next few days. You know, with a major upgrade like this, people could be just a bit more patient. With the last major upgrade two years ago, CF was down for 2 weeks instead of two days, and there were still some major bugs to fix and features to add. Or has everyone forgotten that?

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Staff are now secretative....

Gone is the link to the list of all staff and staff teams.

Gone is the list in each forum of who is serving there.

It's now all very secretative.

Why?

The list in each forum is still there... it's now at the bottom rather than the top:)
Not sure about the staff list... I am sure it's still around somewhere.. I'll try to find out for you.

Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had almost 2000 items before and i just regot a large portion of them - but now i cannot play with the character because all those items are all loose on one page (they dont go into folders for us so the page even on high speed takes forever to load) as soon as i try to start building the character the page freezes completely and then 5 minutes later a warning asks me if i want to stop running scripts on the page so my computer will stay stable - its no good for me :(

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I had almost 2000 items before and i just regot a large portion of them - but now i cannot play with the character because all those items are all loose on one page (they dont go into folders for us so the page even on high speed takes forever to load) as soon as i try to start building the character the page freezes completely and then 5 minutes later a warning asks me if i want to stop running scripts on the page so my computer will stay stable - its no good for me :(

Teething problems.... it will be sorted out, just give them a little time :)

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i have a major concern with the bank...it is NOT comparable to the old bank.

the old bank gave 1% interest per week
the new bank only gives 3.5% interest per month

there are numerous people with a million or more blessings in the bank.

at 1% interest per week interest on one million is 40,000 blessings every 4 weeks
at 3.5% interest per month interest on one million is only 35,000 blessings every month
that is a loss of 5,000 blessings per month on a million, and 10,000 blessings per month on two million etc etc

to top it off, if you take out any money before the month is up you get CHARGED 5% interest.
And to make it even worse there is ALSO 2% interest CHARGE every time you take blessings out of the bank!

in order to make this bank comparable i suggest uppping the monthly interest to 6%

also..i hope we dont lose our jobs or its another 4,000 a month i will LOSE

thanks for looking into this!

Upvote 0

jelvenko

Veteran
Oct 4, 2005
Florida
✟11,559.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ok well now to get 1,000 items it cost 1,000 blessings..big deal .. he he
Not quite 1,000 Blessings. It really depends on what you get. Some of the stuff doesn't cost anything, while other things are only 1 blessing.

I've been trying to restock my closet this morning. Only one thing I don't really like about the new layout for the characters... When you go to browse through the items for purchase, the pictures are small. So it's difficult to tell what your getting. Especially with the lips/mouths. Is there any way that this could possible be addressed (doesn't have to be right away, but something for future reference)?

Other than that I like it a lot.

Upvote 0

Gregged

Ps 46:1 Our very present help in times of trouble
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2006
England
✟537,494.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Yes, this will be a problem with so many items... :( Unless CF staff make a modification to the code, this isn't built in to Living Avatar, but is a request from users on their site.

Upvote 0

Gregged

Ps 46:1 Our very present help in times of trouble
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2006
England
✟537,494.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Not quite 1,000 Blessings. It really depends on what you get. Some of the stuff doesn't cost anything, while other things are only 1 blessing.

I've been trying to restock my closet this morning. Only one thing I don't really like about the new layout for the characters... When you go to browse through the items for purchase, the pictures are small. So it's difficult to tell what your getting. Especially with the lips/mouths. Is there any way that this could possible be addressed (doesn't have to be right away, but something for future reference)?

Other than that I like it a lot.

Raven knows and is looking into it... Things like eyebrows were difficult enough to see before :swoon: :)

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
:eek:
CF came back on with a bare-bones structure. It is all being added back in over the next few days. You know, with a major upgrade like this, people could be just a bit more patient. With the last major upgrade two years ago, CF was down for 2 weeks instead of two days, and there were still some major bugs to fix and features to add. Or has everyone forgotten that?
I am still trying to forget. I still have post traumatic stress from the 777 situation. ;):D

I think I need a nap now. :sleep:

Sun
:hug:

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟396,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:eek:I am still trying to forget. I still have post traumatic stress from the 777 situation. ;):D

I think I need a nap now. :sleep:

Sun
:hug:

We survived that we'll make it through this

(Insert Smiley as I'm over the limit (insert doh also))

Upvote 0

Magzie

Senior Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Michigan
✟11,217.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm confused.. are CF Characters up or down, installed or not installed? Because people are talking in the present (I can't sort my armor, they are all on one page) that kind of thing, but I don't see what they are talking about.

~ Lynn

Yeah. I cant find anywhere to get my cfc back :(

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Some observations having read through some of the announcments....

1. There seems to be MUCH emphasis being given to toys, features, freebees, characters, pets, etc. All things that (just speaking to ME alone) I could care less about. It seems to be what all this re-do was about.

2. I sure miss the CF I joined maybe 3 years ago, when there were clear discussions of meaningful issues - in an open forums, where posters could be clear and share convictions. The key word was RESPECT (the issue staff worked to maintain) but each was encourage to express their views - and to learn. Which I did! It didn't seem to be a "problem." I soon was asked to be on staff in General Theology, my application was approved 28-0, and after 3 months, moved up the newly created staff position of Supervisor. But PC'ism, WAR, and protectionism became the rule of the day, changing the nature of things. Then lots of kumbiyaism that made CF pretty moot. It seems to ME that's now being institutionalized. I hope I'm wrong, I sincerely do.

3. I hope the faith designations returns. I have put that in my signature line (waiting to see if I get a violation for that). It's going to be hard to have denomination forums if we have no idea who is what, and it's a LOT harder to have interdenominational discussions if we don't know if we're talking to a Catholic or Mormon or what. When a Catholic says "Church" they mean something very different than when a Baptist does - and that's true for MANY, MANY things. Not knowing who this poster is or where he's coming from hinders the discussion. I HOPE not on purpose.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟396,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm confused.. are CF Characters up or down, installed or not installed? Because people are talking in the present (I can't sort my armor, they are all on one page) that kind of thing, but I don't see what they are talking about.

~ Lynn

There up and able to be created, just not displayed.

Go to your User CP (Top Nav Bar on the Left) select "EDIT AVATAR" --> http://christianforums.com/profile.php?do=editavatar
This will allow the cration of your LA

Be warned it will not display yet, but it's supposed to come up today.
Also when you save it, your current avatar will be turned off (but the new one isn't on yet :D )

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.