Sunny Central Florida, USA (woo hoo!)
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wanted to pass along a few wedding planning resources to couples in the planning stages.

Feel free to share yours. What websites, books and other materials are you using?

First, there is www.TheKnot.com It's pretty cool. You can find vendors across the US, get great ideas for weddings, and there is a pretty useful budget guide and planning guide where you can maintain everything online.

Then there's www.WedPlan.net. Put in your zipcode, and you can find vendors like DJs, videographers, caterers, etc. that work in your area.

I also like the Perfect Wedding Guide. I think it's something like PWG.com It's strictly an advertising source book for local vendors.

Of course, word of mouth is one of the best ways to find everything that's needed for a wedding.

LiberatedChick

Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
For UK folks, I found these sites helpful....

http://www.confetti.co.uk Advice and ideas for all parts of wedding and reception, planning tools (I loved the online to do list, they also have a budget planner), also online shop which basically has almost decoration you'd ever need!

http://www.theweddingguide.co.uk/ Supplier database and some great articles.

Upvote 0

PurpleBunny

Rabid Purple Bunny of the Apocalypse
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
✟1,470.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Maeyken said:
anyone know some good Canadian sites?

www.weddingbells.ca
www.canadianbride.com
www.frugalbride.com

All three sites have good message boards with lots of ideas... all three also tend to be pretty worldly when it comes to off-topic discussion.

I've found Frugal Bride to be the most helpful for finding vendors--they have an extensive vendor list, especially for Toronto and surrounding areas. Their Vancouver listings aren't as extensive, but they do exist. Canadian Bride has good listings as well--more extensive than Frugal Bride, but they also tend to be higher-end and a lot more expensive (as I've discovered while looking for a cake vendor... yikes! I am NOT spending $600 for 120 pieces of cake).

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Southern Cross

Conservative Republican Hippy People Shooter
Oct 29, 2004
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't even know ezweddingplanner existed! looks like a great site. I'm going to send a few Florida brides there first thing tomorrow. It looks like it's easier to use than The Knot's planning service. I may even advertise there - rates look pretty good. Thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Southern Cross

Conservative Republican Hippy People Shooter
Oct 29, 2004
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here are two more sites I wanted to pass along:

For photojournalistic photographers, take a look at www.WPJA.com They list photographers by state and some of them are very, very good. I know a few photographers on this list and they say the quality of the photographers on WPJA is outstanding and there is usually a broad range of prices so most brides' budgets can be maintained. We'll be advertising there starting this summer.

Another one that's pretty good for wedding services is www.WEDJ.com When you hit the site, it almost looks a bit bland. But apparently A LOT of brides are using it to find vendors (DJs, photographers, caterers, etc.). I don't advertise there, but I have friends who do, just wanted to pass along the tip.

Once in a while, you can find a diamond in the rough on these sites.

We're going to be exploring more national advertising venues becasue we're being asked to travel for weddings now and we want to attract out of state clients. If you find something that has good advertising appeal and catches your eye, please let me know about it.

Upvote 0