Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So if a random idiot can shoot and wound 5 cops and kill another, and then live to tell about it, it doesn't exactly bode well for our ability to handle a large scale terrorist attack well.
Or it could just mean that the police restrained themselves it could be argued better than they have in the past.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Or it could just mean that the police restrained themselves it could be argued better than they have in the past.
No. When a shooter has shot people and is shooting at police, they shoot to kill. They don't hold back. They're not supposed to hold back.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No. When a shooter has shot people and is shooting at police, they shoot to kill. They don't hold back. They're not supposed to hold back.
They are also not to use shooting as a first resort, however that is what I meant.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have to follow my conscience. God has planted this issue in my heart--an issue that many Catholics are not only apathetic about but often downright hostile to, but just because it's hard doesn't mean I shouldn't follow my conscience.

God gave me this orphan cause to be an advocate for. There are plenty of people talking about ending abortion while we shrug our shoulders about domestic terrorists in our midst.

There are two issues:
  • to bring interpretation of the Second Amendment back to the way our Founding Fathers envisioned it--the sensible way it was interpreted until the late 1970's when the NRA started throwing obscene amounts of lobbying money into it while buying chairs at major universities and appointing professors to write articles to reinterpret the Constitution.
  • to screen potential gun buyers for mental illness, and also to make treatment for mental illness and PTSD more affordable and available.
We have gun control laws. This is an impossible situation to solve. Going after the gun does not fix this. A) terrorism being allowed such easy access here and mentally ill people walking the streets. Fix that, its not because of guns... Besides, terrorist use bombs. This is not about the gun. Its about the people.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We have gun control laws.
You coulda fooled me...

They are riddled with loopholes (just as the bodies of children are riddled with bullets because
the loopholes rendered those laws meaningless).

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We have gun control laws. This is an impossible situation to solve. Going after the gun does not fix this. A) terrorism being allowed such easy access here and mentally ill people walking the streets. Fix that, its not because of guns... Besides, terrorist use bombs. This is not about the gun. Its about the people.

You coulda fooled me...

They are riddled with loopholes (just as the bodies of children are riddled with bullets because

You two are like broken records. Our Bishops have said /both/ that we need stronger gun control legislation /and/ that we should support the 2nd Ammendment and the General righ for law abiding citizens to keep and bear firearms. Each of you should be vocally calling for stronger background checks, mandatory registration, and limits on high capacity magazines and military-style weapons in civilian hands. You should also both be calling for expanded recognition of the law-abiding individual's right (not merely privilage) to own and carry firearms. Our Bishops have made themselves clear, and neither of you seem interested in getting in line with them.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You two are like broken records. Our Bishops have said /both/ that we need stronger gun control legislation /and/ that we should support the 2nd Ammendment and the General righ for law abiding citizens to keep and bear firearms. Each of you should be vocally calling for stronger background checks, mandatory registration, and limits on high capacity magazines and military-style weapons in civilian hands. You should also both be calling for expanded recognition of the law-abiding individual's right (not merely privilage) to own and carry firearms. Our Bishops have made themselves clear, and neither of you seem interested in getting in line with them.
I agree with that, Mike. I disagree with what seems to be the underlying true intention which is to do away with gun ownership and the 2nd amendment. That's what is really wanted. I wish folks would just admit that and quit being shady about it. And I wish folks would just address the real problems which are easy access terrorist have and mentally ill people. Its easy to blame the gun and ignore the real need here which is to close the boarders and treat the mentally ill and those who are drug addicted and suffer from drug induced psychosis and brain damage. Why don't liberals care about those issue which are the real cause of violence?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You coulda fooled me...

Look, I agree to a certain degree with you perspective. But do you get that we will never be able to round up all the guns on the streets that kill children? The barn door is open and can not be shut at this time. Focus on the violent people who use guns and not the gun itself. I live in the most gun violent city in the country, I think I know this issue well. Our problem is the evil mayor, not guns. Do something about the violence, those who kill have records of violence miles long, put them in jail and stop letting them out. revoking the 2nd amendment will not stop this.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If the ones on here who are trying to imply that Christians are terrorists actually believed it they would not be posting on a Christian website. But they post here all the time which shows that the truth is they have no fear of Christians.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If the ones on here who are trying to imply that Christians are terrorists actually believed it they would not be posting on a Christian website. But they post here all the time which shows that the truth is they have no fear of Christians.
I don't think anyone here is implying that Christians are terrorists. But perhaps a Christian can commit an act of terrorism based on a warped view of Christianity. I don't know if Robert Dear claims to be a Christian, but I imagine we will soon.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree with that, Mike. I disagree with what seems to be the underlying true intention which is to do away with gun ownership and the 2nd amendment. That's what is really wanted. I wish folks would just admit that and quit being shady about it. And I wish folks would just address the real problems which are easy access terrorist have and mentally ill people. Its easy to blame the gun and ignore the real need here which is to close the boarders and treat the mentally ill and those who are drug addicted and suffer from drug induced psychosis and brain damage. Why don't liberals care about those issue which are the real cause of violence?

Liberals do, or should, care about treating mental illness and secure borders, we all should. We also need to be careful how we paint that picture, as most murders in this country are committed by legal citizens who are mentally healthy enough to stand trial.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

First, I don't think anyone is trying to imply that Christians are terrorists. 2nd, I don't think anyone here is so unhealthy as to avoid people of a particular race or religion out of fear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First, I don't think anyone is trying to imply that aChristians are terrorists. 2nd, I don't think anyone here is so unhealthy as to avoid people of a particular race or religion out of fear.
How much time do you spend on Muslim forums?

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How much time do you spend on Muslim forums?

Very little. I am not a Muslim and my only reason to have ever spent any time one one was to better understand their beliefs. Go on now, finish your thought. Is it your position that people who avoid Muslim web forums do so because they fear Muslims, rather than that they, you know, aren't Muslims?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Very little. I am not a Muslim and my only reason to have ever spent any time one one was to better understand their beliefs.
How much is "very little"?
Go on now, finish your thought. Is it your position that people who avoid Muslim web forums do so because they fear Muslims, rather than that they, you know, aren't Muslims?
I'll answer that question with a question.

Why do you think non-Christians are so attracted to Christian forums when they aren't Christian?

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How much is "very little"?I'll answer that question with a question.

Why do you think non-Christians are so attracted to Christian forums when they aren't Christian?
What percentage of the non Christian population posts on Christian Forums? Most everyone I know well IRL is not Christian, and I don't know one that hangs out at Christian forums.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No one is trying to project this extremist, violent behaviour to ALL Christians.

There is a lesson in this for you, if you think about it.

Upvote 0