Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scholars mean nothing to me and people ought not to rely on them so much. There are tons of 'scholars' who disagree with one another - Search long enough and you'll find one to agree with any theory.

This is a rather sad, anti-intellectual conclusion. God gave you a brain as well as a heart. We are not told to turn off one or the other when we exegete Scripture or investigate certain problems.

The same thing goes with professed believers offering different interpretations of Scripture. How does the Holy Spirit give you the correct interpretation every time while the other believers are given the wrong one?

Reactions: MoreCoffee
Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right, I knew that ..:) I was wondering about this one thing though..
Adam was formed from the dust of the earth. God did not make any more humans from the dust of the earth. Every man thereafter came from Adam's seed.

Every living thing is of the earth....
Genesis 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Mankind is included in that for we are all of the earth. Adam, (eth ha adam or the man Adam, the specific man Adam) was formed of the dust long after the others...after the seventh day of rest.
2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
From him came the Hebrews/Israelites, the Ishmaelites and...our Saviour.

Upvote 0

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is a rather sad, anti-intellectual conclusion. God gave you a brain as well as a heart. We are not told to turn off one or the other when we exegete Scripture or investigate certain problems.
In keeping with your other posts, I see you again jumping to conclusions & making assumptions. I stated nowhere that people are to "turn off their brain". Don't have a clue how you came to deduct that silliness.
However, it is unwise to be lead around by one's nose-ring via what other people say = including so called "scholars" who all disagree with each other. If the Holy Spirit says He will teach us, then He will teach us (if you have learned to hear His voice that is - and the only way to learn to hear His voice is thru intimacy with God). I'd like to see someone deny what that scripture I quoted means & say Holy Spirit doesn't teach us! LOL

The same thing goes with professed believers offering different interpretations of Scripture. How does the Holy Spirit give you the correct interpretation every time while the other believers are given the wrong one?
Again, a huge jumping-bean production is being made here. I did not say anything whatsoever about interpretations. I will say however that not everyone who claims God taught them something really heard from the Lord. It certainly does cause a lot of confusion in the body......... Almost as much confusion as all the "scholars" who can't get their stories straight :scratch:
... Move along now ...

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where is this in scripture (bold)?
Yes, she conceived but she didn't conceive Cain. He was already conceived when God said, "I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception." She "bare Cain" and again bare when she continued in labor...she had twins, born of different fathers.

To "again bare" means to "continue in labor." Young's Literal translate it as...

1 And the man knew Eve his wife, and she conceiveth and beareth Cain, and saith, `I have gotten a man by Jehovah;' 2 and she addeth to bear his brother, even Abel.​
As for Cain....Jesus confronts his offspring, telling them who their father is:
John 8:43-45 Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Cain and Satan...father and son. Murderers and liars both.

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In keeping with your other posts, I see you again jumping to conclusions & making assumptions. I stated nowhere that people are to "turn off their brain". Don't have a clue how you came to deduct that silliness.
However, it is unwise to be lead around by one's nose-ring via what other people say = including so called "scholars" who all disagree with each other. If the Holy Spirit says He will teach us, then He will teach us (if you have learned to hear His voice that is - and the only way to learn to hear His voice is thru intimacy with God). I'd like to see someone deny what that scripture I quoted means & say Holy Spirit doesn't teach us! LOL

Again, a huge jumping-bean production is being made here. I did not say anything whatsoever about interpretations. I will say however that not everyone who claims God taught them something really heard from the Lord. It certainly does cause a lot of confusion in the body......... Almost as much confusion as all the "scholars" who can't get their stories straight :scratch:
... Move along now ...

I would agree with you. That is not to say we can not or should not learn from scholars but the Holy Spirit is the best teacher. However, He teaches as we are able to learn.

Please don't assume all things are given to us at one time. It doesn't happen that way. We can learn through others in whom He dwells (including scholars and just plain folks) and we can learn directly through Him in us. We must stay pliable and allow Him to work.
John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
He "teacheth of all things" but He cannot teach all things at one time. We must mature so we can bear them.
Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

We receive the word, the spiritual meaning in our minds and then...we search the Scriptures. If it isn't so it isn't written! If it is written and we don't understand it then we shouldn't dismiss it as untrue...just wait until we mature enough to bear it.

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That is the impression you leave when you make sweeping generalizations and denigrate scholars who have spent their entire lives equipping themselves with the necessary tools, studying history (over which God is sovereign), and prayerfully considering the relationships between history, archaeology, and the Bible.

HisSparkPlug said:
However, it is unwise to be lead around by one's nose-ring via what other people say = including so called "scholars" who all disagree with each other.

Again, this is just a sweeping generalization that does nothing but denigrate the scholarly endeavor. That is the nature of scholarship: some getting things wrong and others getting them right. Then the problems are dealt with and scholarship advances.

Rather than rejecting scholarship out of hand based upon a sweeping generalization, perhaps you should examine it and come to an informed conclusion about which one you think is right on any given problem?

HisSparkPlug said:
If the Holy Spirit says He will teach us, then He will teach us (if you have learned to hear His voice that is - and the only way to learn to hear His voice is thru intimacy with God).

Right, but this is not to the exclusion of scholarship, history, and everything else that is available outside the Bible and about the Bible. You create a false dichotomy here.

Also, why are you so quick to conclude that there aren't also scholars who prayerfully study and listen to the Holy Spirit as they produce scholarship? What you say gives the impression that you do not think that they do this.

HisSparkPlug said:
I did not say anything whatsoever about interpretations.

Oh. Does that mean you do NOT engage in any interpretation of Scripture whatsoever? You are not giving people much to go by when you do not explain things and leave them hanging.

HisSparkPlug said:
Almost as much confusion as all the "scholars" who can't get their stories straight

There is that denigration again. :doh:

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll look it up. Thanks :)

Yes, she conceived but she didn't conceive Cain. He was already conceived when God said, "I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception." She "bare Cain" and again bare when she continued in labor...she had twins, born of different fathers.

To "again bare" means to "continue in labor." Young's Literal translate it as...

1 And the man knew Eve his wife, and she conceiveth and beareth Cain, and saith, `I have gotten a man by Jehovah;' 2 and she addeth to bear his brother, even Abel.​
As for Cain....Jesus confronts his offspring, telling them who their father is:
John 8:43-45 Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Cain and Satan...father and son. Murderers and liars both.

Upvote 0

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
why are you so quick to conclude that there aren't also scholars who prayerfully study and listen to the Holy Spirit as they produce scholarship? What you say gives the impression that you do not think that they do this.
Do you ever NOT throw straw-men into your posts to attempt derailing? LOL ;)
It doesn't work with me my friend.. have fun with those who actually go for the bait & word-traps you set out though..

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you ever NOT throw straw-men into your posts to attempt derailing? LOL ;)
It doesn't work with me my friend.. have fun with those who go for the bait & word-traps you set out though..

I only go by what you have said. If you have not explained yourself adequately, then perhaps you should include more information about your view in your replies to me. I will take it into account. Until then, let it be noticed that this is deflection and not addressing the specifics of my replies to you.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟438,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

... Move along now ...

The problem is that people always turn to some one for guidance, I don't care how many people say they're "just following the Scriptures" or "taught by the Holy Spirit". There's a saying that goes, "there are no new heresies, just old ones dressed up in space suits". Meaning that whatever theological notion is conjured up originated somewhere, from someone.

Take this bollocks "serpent seed" theory. That's an absurd fabrication by Arnold Murray from Shepherd's Chapel, and that man is a bona fide kook. Yet some people claim that to be some kind of spiritual truth that they esoterically gathered unto themselves. Disregarding that it originated with Murray - a man who claims to possess a doctorate, yet when pressed he will neither confess where he received such degree nor produce the degree himself.

So what matters here is that true scholars, whether they agree or not, are more likely to have more credibility and intellectual integrity than schmucks like Murray or other hacks that walk in off the street and claim spurious understanding of some arbitrary topic.

We should value scholasticism and intellectualism. As Tzaousios said, God gave us cognitive faculties for a reason, if we're ever invited to check our brains at the door then that should be the moment we excuse ourselves from the conversation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
we should all try reading it without chapter and verse divisions.
man added them many centuries later, and unfortunately man messed up

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.
And she again bare his brother Abel.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
we should all try reading it without chapter and verse divisions.
man added them many centuries later, and unfortunately man messed up

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.
And she again bare his brother Abel.

What are we supposed to see?

Upvote 0

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The problem is that people always turn to some one for guidance, I don't care how many people say they're "just following the Scriptures" or "taught by the Holy Spirit". There's a saying that goes, "there are no new heresies, just old ones dressed up in space suits". Meaning that whatever theological notion is conjured up originated somewhere, from someone.

Take this bollocks "serpent seed" theory. That's an absurd fabrication by Arnold Murray from Shepherd's Chapel, and that man is a bona fide kook. Yet some people claim that to be some kind of spiritual truth that they esoterically gathered unto themselves. Disregarding that it originated with Murray - a man who claims to possess a doctorate, yet when pressed he will neither confess where he received such degree nor produce the degree himself.

So what matters here is that true scholars, whether they agree or not, are more likely to have more credibility and intellectual integrity than schmucks like Murray or other hacks that walk in off the street and claim spurious understanding of some arbitrary topic.

We should value scholasticism and intellectualism. As Tzaousios said, God gave us cognitive faculties for a reason, if we're ever invited to check our brains at the door then that should be the moment we excuse ourselves from the conversation.

Thanks for your thoughts Cogent.
I don't "dis-value" learning from others nor have I stated such a bizarre thing. Some here have jumped to this wild conclusion because I stated I'm not lead about by my nose by man-made scholars.. lol.. Amazing.. I also did not state that I don't believe in education, nor did I say one is to check their brain at the door... LOL... What fabulous concoctions & reading into words all because I don't put my trust in horses & men (Ps 20:7). God doesn't do everything thru formal education. All one must do is read the bible to see that. He can teach any of His kids to hear & recognize His voice. Holy Spirit's inner witness is involved even when we learn at the hand of others - And if He's not, then people are in danger of falling for false doctrine. This is why it's important for each believer to develop an intimate personal relationship with the Lord --- heaven forbid the very elect could be deceived.

Again, let me clarify that I am not putting down "education", nor have I done so, however....
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty - 1 Cor 1;27
and I reiterate
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him - 1 John 2:27

As amusing as this trail ride has been, it's stealing from the topic(s) of the thread and so I would ask that we get back to discussing pre-ademic possibilities & carry on with the other discussions more resembling the topic. I'm hoping I don't have to involve a moderator for this request to be respected.

You're right that the serpent-seed is "bullocks" as you put it.. It is not a Holy Spirit directed teaching and I do not see how anyone could succumb to it, but again, I don't see how it matters in the light of eternity. To be fair, there is a lot we humans snipe & bicker over which does not matter in the light of eternity... although it sure does make for interesting conversation! lol

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for your thoughts Cogent.
I don't "dis-value" learning from others nor have I stated such a bizarre thing. Some here have jumped to this wild conclusion because I stated I'm not lead about by my nose by man-made scholars.. lol.. Amazing.. I also did not state that I don't believe in education, nor did I say one is to check their brain at the door... LOL... What fabulous concoctions & reading into words all because I don't put my trust in horses & men (Ps 20:7). God doesn't do everything thru formal education. All one must do is read the bible to see that. He can teach any of His kids to hear & recognize His voice. Holy Spirit's inner witness is involved even when we learn at the hand of others - And if He's not, then people are in danger of falling for false doctrine. This is why it's important for each believer to develop an intimate personal relationship with the Lord --- heaven forbid the very elect could be deceived.

Again, let me clarify that I am not putting down "education", nor have I done so, however....
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty - 1 Cor 1;27
and I reiterate
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him - 1 John 2:27

As amusing as this trail ride has been, it's stealing from the topic(s) of the thread and so I would ask that we get back to discussing pre-ademic possibilities & carry on with the other discussions more resembling the topic. I'm hoping I don't have to involve a moderator for this request to be respected.

You're right that the serpent-seed is "bullocks" as you put it.. It is not a Holy Spirit directed teaching and I do not see how anyone could succumb to it, but again, I don't see how it matters in the light of eternity. To be fair, there is a lot we humans snipe & bicker over which does not matter in the light of eternity... although it sure does make for interesting conversation! lol
:thumbsup:

Reactions: HisSparkPlug
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What are we supposed to see?
that the chapter divisions and verses were added by man
so perhaps the story reads differently, when read without them

I for one believe every verse of the bible...
and i also believe that the serpent fathered Cain, and Adam fathered Abel.

likewise, there are many biblical and historical facts
that point to there being a pre adamic race(s).

history tells of ancient civilizations predating 6000 years ago.

if we only had one race,
then there could not have ever been another born into it.

it is ridiculous to me, to suggest that all the diverse races of the world were all started within a few years/generation
as one would have to accept if thy believed the popular model.

it would take much longer to change, if at all possible.
and that change would be a mix/blend, not incredibly distinctly different

the story of Noah's ark tells us some things too.
the whole world was not flooded, but the whole adamic valley was for sure..
prob parts of Egypt too

plus, whether the context is the flood or Eve being the mother of all,
the whole land/earth does not necc. mean all the whole planet

it did not with the whole world coming to hear the wisdom of Solomon,
or Neb's reign being whole world wide,
or the Gospels going out to the whole world by the disciples
they just meant the land, area, kingdom, etc.

and, 2 of Noah's sons become nations, while one goes into nations

basically, God planted all the races here on the 6th day,
however long u think that is (1 day/1000 years/unknown)

then sometime after the 7th day, God began a special plan.
God formed Adam, from him Eve, and their lineage leads to Christ.
thus we follow that lineage, and it's enemies, through out the bible.

Upvote 0

Melshezidek

May 1, 2013
the Americas
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(KJV, 1611) says in Genesis 1:28 that God told Adam and Eve to “...be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth”
The same wording is used again in Genesis 9:1 after the Flood. Since Adam and Eve were told to replenish the Earth, does this not clearly indicate that the Earth had inhabitants before Adam and Eve?

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
(KJV, 1611) says in Genesis 1:28 that God told Adam and Eve to “...be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth”
The same wording is used again in Genesis 9:1 after the Flood. Since Adam and Eve were told to replenish the Earth, does this not clearly indicate that the Earth had inhabitants before Adam and Eve?

You have to understand the bible was not written in English, so if you want answers to your question, you are gonna have to look to the Hebrew texts. The Hebrew word מָלֵא translated as "replenish" in the KJV was used a total of 253 times in the OT.

male or mala: to be full, to fill
Original Word: מָלֵא
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: male or mala
Phonetic Spelling: (maw-lay')
Short Definition: filled

And God blesseth them, and God saith to them, 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over fish of the sea, and over fowl of the heavens, and over every living thing that is creeping upon the earth.' Genesis 1:28

Reactions: HisSparkPlug
Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
that the chapter divisions and verses were added by man
so perhaps the story reads differently, when read without them

I for one believe every verse of the bible...
and i also believe that the serpent fathered Cain, and Adam fathered Abel.

likewise, there are many biblical and historical facts
that point to there being a pre adamic race(s).

history tells of ancient civilizations predating 6000 years ago.

if we only had one race,
then there could not have ever been another born into it.

it is ridiculous to me, to suggest that all the diverse races of the world were all started within a few years/generation
as one would have to accept if thy believed the popular model.

it would take much longer to change, if at all possible.
and that change would be a mix/blend, not incredibly distinctly different

the story of Noah's ark tells us some things too.
the whole world was not flooded, but the whole adamic valley was for sure..
prob parts of Egypt too

plus, whether the context is the flood or Eve being the mother of all,
the whole land/earth does not necc. mean all the whole planet

it did not with the whole world coming to hear the wisdom of Solomon,
or Neb's reign being whole world wide,
or the Gospels going out to the whole world by the disciples
they just meant the land, area, kingdom, etc.

and, 2 of Noah's sons become nations, while one goes into nations

basically, God planted all the races here on the 6th day,
however long u think that is (1 day/1000 years/unknown)

then sometime after the 7th day, God began a special plan.
God formed Adam, from him Eve, and their lineage leads to Christ.
thus we follow that lineage, and it's enemies, through out the bible.

Why stop there? Why not remove the punctuation also? After all, it was added by man....

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If we were to look to biblical scholars instead of the Holy Spirit, we won't believe half the bible either, LOL. That's why I ask Holy Spirit for His input and not man's input. Scholars mean nothing to me and people ought not to rely on them so much. There are tons of 'scholars' who disagree with one another - Search long enough and you'll find one to agree with any theory.
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him - 1 John 2;27​
That said, I respect that you've chosen a position, but I disagree.

One does not look for "one" scholar if one is trying to present scholarly opinion; usually a consensus from many scholars is sought for. And one ought to be very wary of individuals who claim the Holy Spirit as their authority for heterodox opinions stated as if they were infallible biblical truth. There are far more crazy "Holy Spirit led" individuals than there are scholars voicing heterodox opinions. One can find bucket loads of "Spirit led" opinions that aren't worth a nickel.

By the way, did you notice that 1 John 2:27 uses plural pronouns? So, the passage is not talking about the Holy Spirit guaranteeing that each individual needs no teachers but rather that the church - the body of christ - as a community of faith needs no teachers because the Holy Spirit dwells within the church and teaches the church all truth. Let me show you:
1 John 2:26-27 Ταῦτα ἔγραψα ὑμῖν περὶ τῶν πλανώντων ὑμᾶς. (27) καὶ ὑμεῖς τὸ χρῖσμα ὃ ἐλάβετε ἀπ᾿ αὐτοῦ ἐν ὑμῖν μένει, καὶ οὐ χρείαν ἔχετε ἵνα τις διδάσκῃ υμας· ἀλλ᾿ ὡς τὸ αὐτὸ χρῖσμα διδάσκει υμας περὶ πάντων, καὶ ἀληθές ἐστι καὶ οὐκ ἔστι ψευδος, καὶ καθὼς εδίδαξεν υμας, μενειτε εν αυτω.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzaousios
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.