Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe in some way the Lord took on all of our humanity in His love for us so we could have everlasting life ( John 3:16-21).

What Isaiah precisely knew ( Isaiah 53:1-12) when he prophesied of the Lord’s crucifixion, I do not know but the truth of His taking on our sin in death is testified to in the Gospel accounts (also Psalm 22 is part of this). He took on our fear of death as well as our transgressions ( Mark 15:24-39 etc.).

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, romans were always very normal per say, honest, there must have been a reason for them to hang him, that`s how I come about this idea, the normal idea is that he got too popular, but I think it was more down to him walking around, saying he was the son of god

Romans executed all kinds of people for the most trivial reasons, as long as you weren't "important" to them. And even if you were important, you probably had enemies that would stab you in the back just to take your job.

In the earliest Gospel, Jesus is secretive about being the Messiah. This is known by scholars as the "Messianic Secret". He wasn't going around saying "I am the messiah" or "I am the son of God" to the crowds out in the open. But as his popularity grew, it more or less forced the issue.

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am so grateful that Jesus stepped out of heaven and came into the world, which he created, and became a man so he could die on a cruel cross to pay the penalty for my sin. A penalty or a debt that I could not pay, and if Jesus had not paid that penalty for me by dying on that cross and shedding his blood there, then I would have no hope of ever having my sin forgiven.
What you think about Jesus is total nonsense. If you really want to know the truth about him, then ask him to show you the truth and read his word expecting him to do just that. That is exactly what I did and he did not disappoint me.

John

Upvote 0

studentinprayer

Mar 8, 2023
Westren Canada / Nashville TN
✟13,317.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He clearly loved people, but I think he felt he was bothering others with his existence, because he wanted to die for them, at the same saying to them that if he died, they`ll live forever, so he wanted them to live forever, was he tricking people, because he wanted to die?
Why do you think he wanted to die for them? Maybe consider this....

Another thing, is that I think romans, the gouverment, gave him a chance to be honest, even several times, about not being the son of god, so they decided to hang him or crusifie, because he wasn`t honest, and got some popularity?
No, but the most objective historical view would be it was because of a guy named "Judas of Gamala" who started the Zealots when Jesus was just a child. Rome was in the process of incorporating Judea in the new empire and this movement rejected roman rule specifically taxation. This is not to imply Jesus was a Zealot but rather why talk of being a 'Messiah' lead to his public execution.

No, but I meant, if he just was kind, people wouldn`t have made him popular, or do you think otherwise?
Sure they would. See the story of Hillel the Elder.

Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Romans executed all kinds of people for the most trivial reasons, as long as you weren't "important" to them. And even if you were important, you probably had enemies that would stab you in the back just to take your job.

In the earliest Gospel, Jesus is secretive about being the Messiah. This is known by scholars as the "Messianic Secret". He wasn't going around saying "I am the messiah" or "I am the son of God" to the crowds out in the open. But as his popularity grew, it more or less forced the issue.

Maybe, you`re right, but I still doubt a little that a completly moral person would gain popularity, you say he did supernatural things, that would of course make him popular, but you know, it`s still supernatural

Upvote 0