Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
MachZer0 said:
Here's a clue. If you didn't want to go to war, you shouldn't have enlisted

This type of disrespect for Vets really shows how important it is to "Support the Troops." Guess it means only Support them when they are in political agreement?

Going to war wasn't the problem, it was going to a war that was UNNECESSARY!!!! Can people even begin to understand the difference?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
This type of disrespect for Vets really shows how important it is to "Support the Troops." Guess it means only Support them when they are in political agreement?
What's disrespectful is to enlist and then complain about having to go to war

Going to war wasn't the problem, it was going to a war that was UNNECESSARY!!!! Can people even begin to understand the difference?
Here's a clue. If you want to decide which wars are necessary, become a politician instead of enlisting in the armed forces.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
MachZer0 said:
We've been through this before and I've demonstrated that Cheney's shares were placed in an irrevocable trust to be donated to charity. That means that he cannot exercise the option on those shares for himself. Moreover, he even waived the tax credit for the charitable donation

That was not demonstrated, but it was repeated a painfully high number of times. That is not the same thing.

The deal is he cannot exercise options while he is IN OFFICE. He will be out of office in 08' and the 333,000 shares are good until 09.'

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
MachZer0 said:
What's disrespectful is to enlist and then complain about having to go to war

Here's a clue. If you want to decided which wars we fight, become a politician instead of enlisting in the armed forces.

At least I can say I have served and fought with Honor.:wave:

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
That was not demonstrated, but it was repeated a painfully high number of times. That is not the same thing.
On the contrary, I provided facts

The deal is he cannot exercise options while he is IN OFFICE. He will be out of office in 08' and the 333,000 shares are good until 09.'
OK, once again, here it is

"The "Gift Trust Agreement" the Cheney's signed two days before he took office turns over power of attorney to a trust administrator to sell the options at some future time and to give the after-tax profits to three charities. The agreement specifies that 40% will go to the University of Wyoming (Cheney's home state), 40% will go to George Washington University's medical faculty to be used for tax-exempt charitable purposes, and 20% will go to Capital Partners for Education , a charity that provides financial aid for low-income students in Washington, DC to attend private and religious schools.
The agreement states that it is "irrevocable and may not be terminated, waived or amended," so the Cheney's can't take back their options later."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
MachZer0 said:
On the contrary, I provided facts

OK, once again, here it is

"The "Gift Trust Agreement" the Cheney's signed two days before he took office turns over power of attorney to a trust administrator to sell the options at some future time and to give the after-tax profits to three charities. The agreement specifies that 40% will go to the University of Wyoming (Cheney's home state), 40% will go to George Washington University's medical faculty to be used for tax-exempt charitable purposes, and 20% will go to Capital Partners for Education , a charity that provides financial aid for low-income students in Washington, DC to attend private and religious schools.

The agreement states that it is "irrevocable and may not be terminated, waived or amended," so the Cheney's can't take back their options later."

There is more to the agreement than Factcheck quotes and the best way to find out the truth about this would be to contact the U of Wyoming and the other to recipients.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
MachZer0 said:
Viet Nam, 2nd Batallion, 11th Artillery, 101st Airborne Division, 1970-1971

I find it difficult to reconcile the position that one Combat Vet would so blatantly castigate and disrespect another.

But, that is the beauty of Free Speech.:)

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
I find it difficult to reconcile the position that one Combat Vet would so blatantly castigate and disrespect another.

But, that is the beauty of Free Speech.:)
Being a combat vet does not give one a free pass

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
tulc said:
No, but being one AND your brother in Christ shouldn't that make the way we express them a little more...charitable toward each other? :scratch:
tulc(just a thought!) :)

I wholly admit there are times when I let my inmature emotions get the better of me and I post things that I am not proud of. For this, I apologize to everyone on CF. This is something that is being worked on, and it would be helpful if we helped each other more.

Quite frankly, I am embarrassed we need Mods...or E-Babysitters.:blush:

Even though it was not my post that was quoted, I felt a response was warranted because I'm not some innocent lamb.:)

Thanks for the loving words Tulc.

Upvote 0

Erock83

Dec 14, 2005
Phoenix
✟2,062.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Voegelin said:
Today's fighting men and women follow an ancient, elite code of honor and duty. And Democrats just don't get it

ROBERT D. KAPLAN
January 8, 2006
Dallas Morning News

Virtually all close observers inside and outside the U.S. military estimate that anywhere from 70 percent to 80 percent of active-duty servicemen, reservists and National Guardsmen voted Republican in the last presidential election. I suspect that among the noncommissioned ranks of the combat arms community – the grunts – that figure may have been significantly higher . . .What the Ivy League professoriate is to the Democratic Party, the fighting units of the U.S. military are to the Republicans . . .

full text (registration required)

Actually according to Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) the governmental org. that is responsible for assisting over seas and out of state voters e.g. many military members. Find during the 2004 elections that most enlisted men “grunts” were changing or registering for the Democratic Party. Kaplan just show once aging shows is blind support for the Republican Party even when there is common sense and simple stats to prove him completely wrong.

One Love

Upvote 0