✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tulc said:
No, but being one AND your brother in Christ shouldn't that make the way we express them a little more...charitable toward each other? :scratch:
tulc(just a thought!) :)
What did I say that you found uncharitable?

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Neverstop said:
Nobody implied nor asked for a free pass. In my experience, fellow Vets never cross a certain line, but I guess there are exceptions for everything. It's just sad.
Sure it's sad, but it probably has more to do with these guys getting old and cynical. Some of them may just go on with their lives after there wartime experience and forget the bond, or some may never have experienced it in the first place. You know as well as me that a vast majority of the people who go to a war zone never actually see combat, I mean the logistical people far outnumber the actual combat people, and many of the combat people, while they may see action never really have to struggle with the enemy, you know the bomber pilots and the artillerymen, etc. So they may not ever really feel bonded to thier fellow vets. Just do thier "time" and go home.
For some of us it doesn't matter if we saw combat or not, for us we were proud to serve our country in whatever capacity was needed and we always feel a bond to our fellow veterans and appreciate their service.

It's just a frame of mind, I guess.

Reactions: k
Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
TScott said:
Sure it's sad, but it probably has more to do with these guys getting old and cynical. Some of them may just go on with their lives after there wartime experience and forget the bond, or some may never have experienced it in the first place. You know as well as me that a vast majority of the people who go to a war zone never actually see combat, I mean the logistical people far outnumber the actual combat people, and many of the combat people, while they may see action never really have to struggle with the enemy, you know the bomber pilots and the artillerymen, etc. So they may not ever really feel bonded to thier fellow vets. Just do thier "time" and go home.
For some of us it doesn't matter if we saw combat or not, for us we were proud to serve our country in whatever capacity was needed and we always feel a bond to our fellow veterans and appreciate their service.

It's just a frame of mind, I guess.

These are some kind and affirming words, thank you. I agree in many cases it does not matter if someone who served actually saw combat or not...it is honorable to serve in any capacity. Just now, thinking about the contrast between those who may serve in a combat theatre and those who actually have to slide down the trigger line...hmmm...but the bond is there regardless.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
It is not a line that can be taught...it's either known or it is not. This is not a good/bad dichotomy, just a form of understanding.
Let me simplify it for you. Where did I cross this imaginary line?

Upvote 0
K

kalel29

Alabaster said:
What an interesting story. Unfortunately it does not make logical sense. The 108th Congress consists of 153 members of the Armed Forces. In the house there are 69 Republicans and 48 Democrats. In the Senate there are 19 Republicans and 16 Democrats. If simple mathematics are applied this will show that of the ex-military members serving in the House, 41% are Democrats. Of the ex-military members serving in the Senate, 46% are Democrats.

It would seem rather odd for the congressional makeup to be so lopsided if makeup in the Armed Forces are so heavily Republican.

I suspect the statement is wrong.

Most enlisted members who are white, from poor to middle class suburbia are mostly Republican. Minorities tend to stick to the Democrats, so do allot of commisioned officers. Since the majority of the military is white, then it's suffice to say that most vote Republican. If you are in disagreement, I would like to know why? You served with troops underneath you, so you have to know what their sentiments were.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
MachZer0 said:
I see. If another vet says something in disagreement with you, he crossed the line. No problem

This is patently false as I've debated with many other Vets on CF, and while we may disagree, we have always maintained that certain line of Respect. None of them even had to ask where that line was.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
This is patently false as I've debated with many other Vets on CF, and while we may disagree, we have always maintained that certain line of Respect. None of them even had to ask where that line was.
I asked for a specific post where I crossed any such line, and none was provided. Therefore, I have to assume the line is drawn at the point of disagreement

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
MachZer0 said:
I asked for a specific post where I crossed any such line, and none was provided. Therefore, I have to assume the line is drawn at the point of disagreement

The assumption is not necessary since it was already pointed out it is not a line that can be taught...it is either known or not known, therefore, referring to specific posts would be, not just a violation of CF rules, but rather non-productive.

Also, as already stated, I've debated with other Vets, so obviously the line is not at the point of disagreement.

I have nothing further to say on this matter except thank you for your service and have a Blessed New Year.:)

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
The assumption is not necessary since it was already pointed out it is not a line that can be taught...it is either known or not known,
Being imaginary then wowuld allow some to move the line to suit their own purposes

therefore, referring to specific posts would be, not just a violation of CF rules, but rather non-productive.
Then should I report the person who said

Post #145 is the best answer.

Also, as already stated, I've debated with other Vets, so obviously the line is not at the point of disagreement.
And shall ever remian imaginary

Upvote 0