• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

warm fuzzy links

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AngelwHalo.gif
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Look at the bright side.............."
Sometimes, you just don't feel like it.You get tired! Sometimes you can't even see the bright side, so you have to look for it. What a drag! Does this sound vaguely familiar? Well, that's okay.
The bright side, or silver lining is our bridge from the misery to the joy. Even though we feel like there's just no use, we cannot give up. Sometimes we have to clinch our fists, grit our teeth, squinch our eyes and go through it anyway! When we get to the other side, there's always something good waiting for us, because we hung in there.
Things are not always going to go the way we want them to. This is a fact, and life will be greatly simplified if we accept this fact and go on. Things can, however, be better if we reach a little bit farther than our comfort zone; you know, that place where we are most comfortable and content. Try getting up in the morning about 10 to 15 minutes earlier for work or school. Put an extra dollar or two in the bank on payday. Write that check for a few dollars more on that charge account. Smile a little more. Make an effort to keep those last harsh, well-thought-about, parting words that you were going to give to that person who offended you. Instead, just try to smile and grit your teeth. See what happens.
If we would work a little harder on making ourselves a stronger and better element of this life, every little bit we improve upon will add a great deal not only to our own lives, but also to someone else's life. It's worth it.

Philippians 4
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me–put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 10:16
"This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,"

being in the word of God helps us want to do the right things for our life.... it shows us how we get ourselves in hurtful situations... then shows us how to get out. best of all, it fills our thinking up with God's love and promises, and encourages us to know that we are children of God.

Psalm 119:48
My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments, Which I love, And I will meditate on Your statutes.

Psalm 119:127
Therefore I love Your commandments More than gold, yes, than fine gold!

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.

Matthew 4:4
But He answered and said, "It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
images

i still pray for christianforms everyday. i know that there are are many others too. you can help yourself by looking to Jesus and doing the things you can to reach out to the resources that have been provived or local doc, and hotlines. there is alot of understanding in the medical and mental health feild. seek a place where you feel welcomed and supported. :hug:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(I came across this and wonered if it would be useful to anyone here)
floral.gif

The Twelve Steps and Their Biblical Comparisons
  • We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors. That our lives had become unmanageable.

I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can't make myself do right. I want to, but I can't. (Romans 7:18)

• We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him. (Philippians 2:13)

• We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God.

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice--the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? (Romans 12:1)

• We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

Instead, let us test and examine our ways. Let us turn again in repentance to the LORD. (Lamentations 3:40)

• We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs.

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. (James 5:16a)

• We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor. (James 4:10)

• We humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings.

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. (1 John 1:9)

• We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.

Do for others as you would like them to do for you. (Luke 6:31)

• We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

So if you are standing before the altar in the Temple, offering a sacrifice to God, and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there beside the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God. (Matthew 5:23-24)

• We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.

If you think you are standing strong, be careful, for you, too, may fall into the same sin. (1 Corinthians 10:12)

• We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and power to carry that out.

Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. (Colossians 3:16)

• Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and practice these principles in all our affairs.
    Dear brothers and sisters, if another man is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. (Galatians 6:1)
    floral.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you atleast start with one of these?:hug:

Question: have you sought out a plan from your Doctor or by other means to stop the cycles of your SI behavior?

Question: have you practiced healthier habits and practiced sticking to non-SI activities to detour your habits against hurting your body?

Question: have you made it a daily practice to pray for your heallth and acknowlege that you need help?

Question: have you found a way to jounal your progress, or do you have a friend to keep you accountable and give support?

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave: hello!! :hug: little warm fuzzy!

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. :groupray:

just a little reminder you have so many promises written in the Bible just for you. right now, no matter what troubles you have. God sees all our troubles the same; and He does not punish us for
struggles. (we get ourselves into that mess :sorry:) but God does bless us. keep up your hope, patience and prayer. :hug:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so are you looking for a warm fuzzy?:hug: God has plenty!
some people say they haven't time to pray, or they forget. i use to be one of these people. it is good for us to work at getting on a good routine of making God first. but we are suppose to meditate day and night to keep our feet far from harm. we get ourselves into sin without a problem. very easy.

so take time to work at getting prayer and meditation into your day. it will only bless you. and unlike sin; fills you up with awesome joy.

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
one way to get help is to find a person who knows about these things near you. remember that there is all sorts of information right in your area, by calling local crisis and help lines, a church, even the local hspitals. they all can give out info to other places.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: reah out... so someone can reach back :groupray: *prayers*

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.