• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

*warm fuzzies*

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why forgive a wrong? The old saying is very true: to err is human, to forgive is divine. When we forgive others, we are acting like God. when we forgive ourselves, we are excepting and loving ourselves. I recognize that for someone who is hurting, he or she lacks that motivation. Yet there is an increasing body of research that looks at how forgiving others and yourself enables you to move on with your life. Persons who dwell on their bitterness and the wrong... get stuck on that in that justice or mistake, and often experience health or family problems as a result. It's a personal thing you get to after a long process of dealing with anger, bitterness and other feelings. it is not a matter of letting someone off the hook for what they have done.... Wrongdoers need to be held accountable; but for your own sanity, your own health, your own peace of mind; chose to forgive and find that the process enables you to move on with your lives. or to forgive yourself, let yourself go.... move on to the new things you have learned. realize that God forgives you and loves you right where you are. you need to too. :hug:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

John 5:24
“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

Ephesians 2:7-10
7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God– 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do

1 Peter 1:3-6
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade–kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.

so, after you believe, what's next?

Acts 19
he found some disciples 2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

the Holy Spirit.....
so there was disciples that believed, but had not been filled with the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Matthew 28:19
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Mark 1:8
8 I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

Mark 13:11
11 But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

Luke 11:13
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

Luke 12:12
For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Acts 5:32
And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him."

so how can the Holy Spirit be described? a gift of God; a guide, teacher and witness. so you can believe and be excepted unto Christ.... and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

do you long for more? do you want to be obediant? do you want a closer relationship with God your Father, and Jesus your Savior? do you want to be the bride of Christ?
do you want to be happy and have the confidence of a child of God?

1 John 5:14
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

you just need to ask :prayer:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 44
the Chosen :clap:
1 "But now listen, O Jacob, my servant,
Israel, whom I have chosen.
2 This is what the LORD says—
he who made you, who formed you in the womb,
and who will help you:
Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant,
Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.
3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,
and my blessing on your descendants.
4 They will spring up like grass in a meadow,
like poplar trees by flowing streams.
5 One will say, 'I belong to the LORD ';
another will call himself by the name of Jacob;
still another will write on his hand, 'The LORD's,'
and will take the name Israel.

when you think or say you are a child of God, do you realize who you are?
YOU ARE HIS.... YOU ARE HIS CHOSEN.... :) !!!

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
fuzzy_blue.gif
baby fuzzy

fuzzy_pink.gif
mama fuzzy

fuzzy_red.gif
daddy fuzzy

fuzzy_yellow.gif
cousin fuzzy

fuzzy_green.gif
uncle fuzzy

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful village, on a tiny atoll in the South Pacific, where few have ever visited. It was not on any of the maps. There were no motels, no golf courses, no TV's and no restaurants. The people living here didn't miss these things. They were ordinary people, just like you would find anywhere, and they were very happy. They had "Warm Fuzzies"! Some people are happy only when they are at a party or when they win a contest or when they are at a shopping mall. These Islanders were happy almost all the time. They enjoyed Monday mornings, storms or picnics in the rain.

They really liked people! They never mistrusted or were suspicious of other people. They went out of their way to do nice things for each other. The children were never scolded! If they were distressed, someone would come and hug them. Most of all they enjoyed meeting and greeting each other. When these islanders would meet, they would give each other a "Warm Fuzzy." Now what is a "Warm Fuzzy?" It is something like a puff of warm, soft fur. The "Warm Fuzzy" loved to be given away. It always made the village people feel better to give them to each other. A "Warm Fuzzy" meant "I care about you." A "Warm Fuzzy," is like an encouraging words, a hug, or smile :)

So the custom of giving "Warm Fuzzies" grew over the years. These Islanders gave them to sick people, so they would get well sooner. They gave them to young couples just starting out, to make their homes warm and cozy. They gave "Warm Fuzzies" to just about everyone, at any occasion, just because it brought a lot of happiness and good cheer. Everyone looked forward to exchanging "Warm Fuzzies."

One day, a evil witchdoctor paddled to this isolated island from a neighboring island. He looked strange, with bleached hair and he talked an awful lot. On his island, if a child was throwing a temper tantrum, it would just be ignored. Everyone was suspicious and hostile to each other. He saw what was going on, that everyone was having too much fun, and not working like they should. "This is ridiculous," he said. "I have got to do something about these people. They may spend their whole lives thinking they are happy." Inside the witchdoctor's bag were "Cold Pricklies." These were mean, little, scratchy things, and they bite! If you look into the witchdoctor's bag, this is what you would see:

prickly_blue.gif
baby prickly
prickly_brown.gif
mama prickly
prickly_green.gif
daddy prickly
prickly_black.gif
One very mean prickly!

This foreigner came into the village one day, and pretended to be sick. Sure enough, a kind lady came up and gave him a "Warm Fuzzy." He asked her how many "Fuzzies" she had. He then convinced her that someday, she would run out of "Fuzzies" and that no one would give them back to her. He gave the kind lady a "Cold Prickly" instead. The witchdoctor then spread the rumor that there would be a shortage of "Warm Fuzzies." After awhile, the wicked witchdoctor's plan worked! The people of this atoll would cross the street to avoid a friend. They stayed home and worried about people stealing their "Fuzzies," and began to give each other "Cold Pricklies" instead. The fuzziless months turned into fuzziless years, and soon there were quite a few people on the island who had never even heard of a "Warm Fuzzy." Soon the islanders became strangers to each other, and didn't even know their neighbors.

Then one day, a grandmother was telling her grandchildren about the good old days when everyone was happy and everybody gave away "Warm Fuzzies" and how good it felt to get one. The children got so excited that they went out and gathered up all the "Warm Fuzzies" they could find. Immediately, they began giving them away to each other. It brought much happiness back to the Island people and they realized how selfish they had been. They all lived happily ever after. ^_^
(author unknown)

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 4:7
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. :hug: :hug:

how can i know the peace of God?

there is peace in knowing the beautiful pomises and love of the bible. so if you know your God, you will have His peace.

:scratch: Hmmm... isn't God big and mad at sin? won't he send me to the pit for my mistakes?

do you think something like this? God is punishing you, or you are not good enough?
then you really don't know God. God knows we are all wicked. He sent Jesus to us, to show us His love and wish to get us back into His presence. that's what heaven's all about. God wants YOU with Him.

it's too hard to believe He'd want me!!

:hug: we all start out feeling this way. the world does not practice God's designs of love and family. we have hurt, and sin. it clouds how we think. only the bible teaches us the true meaning of God's love. and once you know this, you can see that they're are God's people trying to love like He wants us too. you will know how to build on christian relationships too.

:( i don't understand the bible!

you can go to a person or book store that understands the different kinds of bibles. ask them to help you find the right kind. you can get a bible that has devotionals and exsplanations right in it! you get a devotional that shows you lessons and exsplaines them. or you :blush: can start out like me: i use to read the stories. then after awhile i got lessons and thoughts and feelings for God's word. eventually i started opening and reading anywhere. :yum: some made scense... some things didn't. some of the words were hard. but i just kept praying and found a good church that studied the bible. if you try, God will bless you.

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave: hi beautiful Bevlina :hug:

title.gif

Things that make your toes tingle,
your heart flutter,
and your face glow with happiness

pic.gif

1. Falling in love.

2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.

3. A hot shower.

4. No lines at the Super Walmart.

5. A special glance.

pic.gif

6. Getting mail. (or e-mail.)

7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.

8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.

9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

10. Hot towels out of the dryer.

11. The sweater you want is on sale for half price.

12. Chocolate milkshake. (or vanilla)!

13. A long distance phone call.

14. A bubble bath.

15. Giggling.

pic.gif

16. A good conversation.

17. The beach.

18. Finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter.

19. Laughing at yourself.

20. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.

pic.gif

21. Running through sprinklers.

22. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

23. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.

24. Laughing at an inside joke.

25. Friends.

pic2.gif

author unknown, but comments...pass this along to someone else.:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Afraid...
Mark 4:35-41:hug:
35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, "Let us go over to the other side."
36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him.
37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped.
38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"
39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
40 He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"
41 They were terrified and asked each other, "Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!"

Psalm 56:3-4,10-11:hug:
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
10 In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise..
11 in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Isaiah 41:10 :hug:
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
icon12.gif
cutecolorsspringgirl5b.gif

Psalm 100:1-5
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. 2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. 3 Know that the LORD is God. It is He, who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise His name. 5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
icon12.gif

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 1:3-7 :clap:
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy begat us again unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 unto an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who by the power of God are guarded through faith unto a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, ye have been put to grief in manifold trials, 7 that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold that perisheth though it is proved by fire, may be found unto praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ
:bow:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 21:22
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

:hug: I know alot of you have prayed: sometimes when our prayers aren't answered right away, we lose hope.

:hug: Do not loose hope. your struggles do not push your promises away, God does not go away, and all you need to do is keep getting back up.

God doesn't punish us in our valley's (our hour of doubt),
we all get those thoughts. instead God is ready to lift you up. :hug:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God uses us to lift others up. we don't have to be perfect, just willing. don't let your struggles tell you that you are not God's child! Along with that; growth is a process. if you are willing, God will take you along the right paths. sometimes it is a long process. we in nature are very stubborn. but God is perfect in patiences and love. Jesus is ready and able to catch you when you fall. you may not see it all the time; as you cannot yet see God, but these things are there.
2 Peter 1
Greeting the Faithful

Grow in Christian Character

1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Fruitful Growth in the Faith
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble

...................................................................................................................................................................................

what can you do instead of the compulsive habitual obsessions of SI?

everyone is different. i suggest you sit with God, a doctor, or a friend, and make up a list;
not of things you need to change, but how. then pick one or maybe two things to work on.
practice, practice, practice!
:hug:

:clap: YOU CAN DO IT!!:clap: Matthew 21:22
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
just talking about spiritual growth... if you know where you are, what you need spiritually, then this is part of growth. yes just knowing. so no matter where you are in your walk, if you are walking, you are growing.

is something missing, or bugging you? take it to the Lord in prayer.

take steps to working toward freedom or growth in the areas you see in need. this is what our person walk is about: continuing in growth.

:hug:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so far i've learned God's words, a balanced diet, good sleep habits, a relaxed/ and not too busy schedule, fellowship support and healthy activities.... all make of our disorders so much easier to manage. have you found what works for you? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: i'd be happy to sit and help you descover ways yo help yourself. i have a huge list of things in my therepy books. :D

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i got one thing...
commere...
36.gif
*warmfuzzies*!

[b said:
Cerulean_Butterfly[/b]]
Dee, thank so much for those warm fuzzy pictures you put up on page 3... They put a smile on my face and I just HAD to save them on my computer.

*WARM FUZZIES FOR MOMMY DEE*

isn't it special and neat when someone does something nice and wonderful? :D
:groupray: keep comming to those who care. YOU ARE IMPORTANT!! let others know how you feel, so they can love you in your struggles. :hug: :hug: :hug:
[move]
fuzzy_yellow.gif
cousin fuzzy[/move]

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.