Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The new company resulted from a merger of Trump Media and Technology with Digital World Acquisition Corp., as The New York Times reported Friday.​
At 1 p.m. Tuesday, its stock was trading at $72.73 a share.​
DWAC, the company’s previous Wall Street ticker symbol, which has been replaced by DJT, closed Monday at about $50 a share, according to Yahoo Finance.​
Trading in the new company’s shares Tuesday was so brisk that it was temporarily halted soon after the opening bell, according to AOL. When trading resumed, it started rising again.​

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Investors who previously expressed interest in buying shares of Digital World Acquisition Corp. terminated $191.5 million in planned investments, bringing the total cancellation of such investments to $467 million out of a $1 billion original commitment, the firm revealed in Thursday filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Digital World Acquisition Corp shares saw a sharp stock decline following approval from shareholders to merge with Trump Media & Technology Group, amid wider scrutiny of the former president's financial obligations.

As the approval news broke early on Friday, DWAC's stock plummeted by nearly 10 percent in stark contrast to the surge that had occurred in anticipation of the merger vote. The move casts a shadow over the newly formed Trump Media, which is set to trade under Trump's initials, DJT.

The merger, coming as Trump grapples with a substantial civil judgment, could add billions to his net worth, yet the market's immediate reaction could signal investor apprehension at the deal's completion and its future prospects.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Digital World Acquisition Corp - Class A
As of March 24, 2024 • 11:00 PM CDT
NASDAQ: DWAC

Today, ended at 61.98, so maybe it's fallen as far as it's going to for the time being.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

The new company resulted from a merger of Trump Media and Technology with Digital World Acquisition Corp., as The New York Times reported Friday.​
DWAC, the company’s previous Wall Street ticker symbol, which has been replaced by DJT, closed Monday at about $50 a share, according to Yahoo Finance.​
Trading in the new company’s shares Tuesday was so brisk that it was temporarily halted soon after the opening bell, according to AOL. When trading resumed, it started rising again.​
The question for you is: would you feel comfortable buying this stock for anything other than trying to time when to dump it in the very near future, like Game Stop.

Anyone looking at the basics sees an investment of very little real value thats held aloft entirely by loyalty to the persona of Trump.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
...in Biden's economy, LOL! ;)
Indeed. Even Donald is excelling under Biden's economy! Awesome! Maybe I will go and get me one of Donald's new God bless the USA Bibles he is selling for $60 a piece....

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nooo, MAGA world, dont sell now! Hang on 6 short months so Trump can dump his shares of this completely moribund company at your expense.
Pretty much. The company is losing money. People are buying out of loyalty, not economic value.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The line goes up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The question for you is: would you feel comfortable buying this stock for anything other than trying to time when to dump it in the very near future, like Game Stop.

Anyone looking at the basics sees an investment of very little real value thats held aloft entirely by loyalty to the persona of Trump.
I want to know how the folks boosting this feel about the obvious conflict of interest this poses for Trump both now as a candidate and especially later if he wins. People were worried about Biden maybe getting a 6-to-7-figure cut of his son's deals in China, and now you have a presidential candidate with a couple billions of dollars worth of stock in an unprofitable media company.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to know how the folks boosting this feel about the obvious conflict of interest this poses for Trump both now as a candidate and especially later if he wins. People were worried about Biden maybe getting a 6-to-7-figure cut of his son's deals in China, and now you have a presidential candidate with a couple billions of dollars worth of stock in an unprofitable media company.
If it is unprofitable then he looses more of his wealth.

The pundits should be rejoicing.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pretty much. The company is losing money. People are buying out of loyalty, not economic value.
Reports have confirmed that the company is bleeding cash. And the offering is trolling for suckers who believe his claims about how profitable it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

That's not how this works, at all.

First off, I'm not aware that he's sunk any of his own money into this. I could be wrong, but my understanding is that he's basically trading on his name and his time, which is how he's structured many of his branding deals. So, unless there's some sort of tax provision that he owes money on the value of the shares when he acquired them rather than when he sells (which is a thing in some circumstances), there's basically no way for him to lose money on this.

Second, that isn't even how stock prices work. Sure, with old, established companies, stock prices roughly track profits, but with newer companies, it's mostly speculation and hopium that the company will eventually turn a profit. You could have people pumping money into this stock, propping it up for years before it finally tanks.

I would laugh my butt off if this whole thing collapsed, but I'm not so delusional as to think that Trump is unlikely to emerge with a sizeable windfall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I've not seen any evidence that Trump put any of his own money (beyond some nominal sum, perhaps) into either company. It was all paper gains.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can't see Trump sitting on this investment. When he is able to sell, he will sell as quickly and as soon as possible. More than 50% of the shares will be for sale all at once. If Trump can sell his $3B worth of shares for $100 million he will. Those left behind will find their shares next to worthless.

• Agree
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married