loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Collins Resigns from Congress ahead of Expected Guilty Plea
Rep. Chris Collins, a Republican congressman from western New York, is resigning from his seat ahead of an expected guilty plea in an insider trading case in which he was accused of leaking confidential information during an urgent phone call made from a White House picnic.

Collins submitted a resignation letter Monday, according to a spokesman for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. It will take effect when Congress meets in a brief session on Tuesday.

A federal judge in Manhattan scheduled a hearing for Collins to enter a guilty plea to unspecified charges in the case Tuesday afternoon. A similar hearing has been scheduled Thursday for the congressman’s son, Cameron Collins.

Collins’ congressional office declined to comment on Monday. His attorney didn’t immediately respond to a message. The U.S. attorney’s office in Manhattan also declined to comment.

Collins, who was among the first members of Congress to support President Donald Trump’s run for the White House, had been scheduled to go to trial next year on charges of conspiracy, securities fraud, wire fraud and making false statements to the FBI. Prosecutors accused him of sharing non-public information from a biopharmaceutical company with his son, allowing Cameron Collins and another man to avoid nearly $800,000 in stock losses.
tulc(thought this was interesting) :wave:

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part of the widespread tactic that Obama set into place when he famously said he would "punish our enemies and reward our friends."

I don't want anyone to be crooked and get away with it, but clearly if your name is Biden or Clinton or if you are some other (so-called) elite you can get away with these things. If you have an (R) and support President Trump there is a different system of justice for you.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part of the widespread tactic that Obama set into place when he famously said he would "punish our enemies and reward our friends."

I don't want anyone to be crooked and get away with it, but clearly if your name is Biden or Clinton or if you are some other (so-called) elite you can get away with these things. If you have an (R) and support President Trump there is a different system of justice for you.
NICE! A Republican does some illegal insider trading and it's President Obama's fault! Looks like it's time to bring out this guy again: :mad: OBAMA!! :mad:
tulc(thinks if Endeavourer would like to discuss President Obama or vice-President Biden he should start a thread about them) :wave:

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NICE! A Republican does some illegal insider trading and it's President Obama's fault! Looks like it's time to bring out this guy again: :mad: OBAMA!! :mad:
tulc(thinks if Endeavourer would like to discuss President Obama or vice-President Biden he should start a thread about them)

As I said, no one should get away with corruption. If the guy was corrupt, he needs to go.

I just feel a little skeptical about it, not yet knowing all of the facts behind it, as to whether it was the Michael Flynn style of justice or the Cheryl Mills standard of justice. I doubt those facts will come out for a while. It took some time for us to find out that Michael Flynn was set up for entrapment; quite a different treatment than Cheryl Mills got.

Which begs the question... why don't the Bidens get the same standard of justice?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,114,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You'd better not tell Martha Stewart that. She was fined and went to jail.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I really liked Martha Stewart. I was a fan of her home wares and a loyal customer until she started making disparaging comments about Christians. At that point I stopped buying her stuff. Regardless of my feelings about her feelings about me, I believe she got a raw deal. I was surprised she went to prison for what she did - imo her action didn't even rise to the level of a crime.

But she's also not part of the political machinery so her case is not relevant to my comment.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that was because she made red, white and blue cupcakes with "In God we Trust" emblazoned on each cupcake. That really got up the ire of the Freedom From Religion types and a few days later, she was indicted.

Well that really did not happen but it could have if she actually did it. :)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) But she's also not part of the political machinery so her case is not relevant to my comment.
Seems to be a lot of that "not relevant" going around. :wave:
tulc(thinks it's kind of like wanting to talk about vice-President Biden in a thread about someone resigning ahead of a guilty plea) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,114,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really liked Martha Stewart. I was a fan of her home wares and a loyal customer until she started making disparaging comments about Christians. At that point I stopped buying her stuff. Regardless of my feelings about her feelings about me, I believe she got a raw deal. I was surprised she went to prison for what she did - imo her action didn't even rise to the level of a crime.

But she's also not part of the political machinery so her case is not relevant to my comment.
She's one of those elite Democrats that supposedly doesn't get punished.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟825,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As I said, no one should get away with corruption. If the guy was corrupt, he needs to go.

I just feel a little skeptical about it, not yet knowing all of the facts behind it, as to whether it was the Michael Flynn style of justice or the Cheryl Mills standard of justice. I doubt those facts will come out for a while. It took some time for us to find out that Michael Flynn was set up for entrapment; quite a different treatment than Cheryl Mills got.

Which begs the question... why don't the Bidens get the same standard of justice?
No one has shown Joe did anything wrong but if you looked at facts you'd know that.

• Haha
Reactions: Endeavourer
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟825,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Same with Trump.
Not entirely true. Mueller showed Trump did thing wrong but that they did not rise to cooperation with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election. He also documented several instances of interference into his investigation.

As far as the present issue, that is waiting for more evidence.

Upvote 0