Virgin Mary appeared to my neighbor's friend who was told she would die soon

CFOCdude

Nov 15, 2003
✟250.00
Faith
Catholic
My neighbor's friend was shot last week (don't know the whole story yet as it was very recent) in the chest and a piece of the bullet went into her eye. She was told she would never see again and would die soon. In the middle of the night she saw a vision of the Blessed Virgin holding baby Jesus in the exact image of a scapular. The Virgin Mary told her that she would see again and live! She told her hospise nurse about her vision that morning and the nurse happened to have a scapular in her purse which had the same image as her vision. Everyone around her had the chills and the news is spreading fast. I will get more details as to exactly what happened as soon as I can.

GOD TRULY IS AWESOME! GLORY TO HIM IN THE HIGHEST!!!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art though among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

CFOCdude

Nov 15, 2003
✟250.00
Faith
Catholic
She held baby Jesus, and it is only through God that this happened lucas. Do not think for a second that She has any power herself. It is ONLY through God that this happened and ONLY through Christ that we are saved. The Blessed Mother Herself can help to save souls in that She is our intercessor to Christ. But it is only through Him that we are actually saved. And is it not wrong to ask a friend to pray for you? Jesus has told us many times through the scriptures to ask your friends and brothers in Christ for prayers. Catholics hail Her out of respect because She is a very Holy women and was the temple in which He Himself dwelled and was a very good follower of Christ. Catholics believe all people who go to heaven are connected to God and that is why we ask them to pray for us as we ask our friends to pray for us. Catholics also use the second definition of prayer which is not worship but to talk to.

By saying the Hail Mary, we basically pray twice. The whole point is that mary is less important than the Father, this way she will listen to us better and pray to Jesus our prayers. We do not NEED Mary to pray to Jesus for us. But we basically pray twice and in a much more powerful way if we do pray to Jesus through her. This is why we bless Her than bless the Father. This way we bless the Father twice.

How can you deny that this was Mary? She was holding baby Jesus as a Mother as She did when Jesus Christ was born. Even if you don't believe in the Catholic faith, I don't see how you can deny that the woman holding Jesus Christ our saviour was not His Mother who was so dear to Him. Lord have mercy on you, I feel like crying, you have no idea how important She is and it hurts a lot to hear that. I have researched many different faiths of Christianity, keeping an open mind, and reading several books including the Bible of course. I have felt Her love for sinners (through God of course) after praying hard to Jesus Christ and asking Him if She really was important to Him, lifting my arms to heaven. By that night, I had forgotten about my prayer. Suddenly, I felt a huge surge of love that was greater than anything I have ever felt. I now knew my faith. Praying the rosary daily has gotten me so much closer to Christ it is absolutely mind-blowing. I have stopped many of my past sins and have become much cleaner. By the way, the girl that this miracle happened to can already see. Are the fruits of these things not good?

God bless and bring peace and understanding to all. I pray that You rebuke me Lord, if I have spoken falsely. All glory to You Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Upvote 0

CFOCdude

Nov 15, 2003
✟250.00
Faith
Catholic
I did not mean the above post to be an attack on
Protestants/Baptists/Anglican/Orthodox/any other faith. I was only defending mine and this miracle. I respect all other Christian faiths. I admire Protestant Churches because they do explain things a lot more, especially to the younger kids who are learning about Christ for their first time. And I consider all of you to be my brothers/sisters in Christ. I hope I did not offend anyone in any way.

I just wanted to share this wonderful miracle to you all of my neighbor's friend seeing Jesus Christ held by His Blessed Mother. Their friend can now see (she was told she would never see again and would die soon)! This is all this thread was meant for and I do not want to turn it into a debate ;) .

Upvote 0

lucascruz

May 8, 2004
✟148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am sorry my friend, Mary is no intercessory. I do not care about a person's deonimation-that is besides the point. I don't mean to offend you, you seem to have a relationship with Jesus. However, I speak to you on teh authority of teh Word of God-above tradition, above man, above all. The Bible forbids us to pray to those wwho are dead. By haling Mary you are not blessing the Father. I have direct access behidn teh veil and can talk with my Father, yes, the LORD of hosts, anytime I want. I had a conversation with him today in fact. Mary is not holy. The Bible says God alone is holy. Mary is not an intercessor, the Bible says Jesus alone is the intercessor. The Bible says Jesus alone can save-He needs no help and asks for none. If you want to have a deeper more intimate relationship, which God Himself wants to have with you on a level you never thought possible, pray directly to God, your Father by faith in Jesus. I challenge you to study what I have said by picking up your Bible and looking at it. Study it's pages-all 66 books of teh cannon. I mean to help you, not attack you my friend.

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
lucascruz said:
I am sorry my friend, Mary is no intercessory. I do not care about a person's deonimation-that is besides the point. I don't mean to offend you, you seem to have a relationship with Jesus. However, I speak to you on teh authority of teh Word of God-above tradition, above man, above all. The Bible forbids us to pray to those wwho are dead. By haling Mary you are not blessing the Father. I have direct access behidn teh veil and can talk with my Father, yes, the LORD of hosts, anytime I want. I had a conversation with him today in fact. Mary is not holy. The Bible says God alone is holy. Mary is not an intercessor, the Bible says Jesus alone is the intercessor. The Bible says Jesus alone can save-He needs no help and asks for none. If you want to have a deeper more intimate relationship, which God Himself wants to have with you on a level you never thought possible, pray directly to God, your Father by faith in Jesus. I challenge you to study what I have said by picking up your Bible and looking at it. Study it's pages-all 66 books of teh cannon. I mean to help you, not attack you my friend.
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

PetraFan007

I try as hard as I can.
Nov 9, 2003
Central MA
Visit site
✟21,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree, although I believe God can work in mysterious ways and appear to someone who is Catholic in a way they would KNOW it was God, so theres no "law" that says a Christian cannot have a vision of Mary holding Jesus, but I don't believe nor know her to be an intercessor, but if she is, cool, if not, whatever. Jesus can do the same thing. The only thing I really have a problem with is the mother of God thing. But, I don't wanna turn this into a debate so lets agree to disagree. :-D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CFOCdude

Nov 15, 2003
✟250.00
Faith
Catholic
PetraFan007 said:
I agree, although I believe God can work in mysterious ways and appear to someone who is Catholic in a way they would KNOW it was God, so theres no "law" that says a Christian cannot have a vision of Mary holding Jesus, but I don't believe nor know her to be an intercessor, but if she is, cool, if not, whatever. Jesus can do the same thing. The only thing I really have a problem with is the mother of God thing. But, I don't wanna turn this into a debate so lets agree to disagree. :-D
I agree ;o)...thanks for keeping an open mind. It's dangerous to shoot things down in a faith very similar to your own.

I do not want to argue anymore lucas...I still believe you all will be in heaven with me. Just please do not shoot things down that you have not researched a whole lot. I have read several books on the subject (including books on the miracles of Akita, Fatima, etc). They are very interesting and I would recommend them to any Christian who would like to study other forms of Christian faith. If you look at some of the quotes from Mary (during the miracles of Fatima in 1917 and Akita of 1976) in my signature it is not hard to see that Mary is definitely a follower of Christ and Her fruits are most definitely good. In the Fatima miracle St. Joseph appeared to the three poor kids with Jesus Christ in his hands and Mary at his side during one of the apparitions. I encourage you all who have wondered about this subject to study up on it and ask the good Lord Jesus Christ to guide you through the Holy Spirit.

I would recommend this book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0911218335/qid=1084468622/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1__i1_xgl14/002-9466522-8576031?v=glance&s=books

and this book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1890137200/qid=1084468699/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1__i1_xgl14/002-9466522-8576031?v=glance&s=books

These books and others (including the study of the Bible of course) have changed my life. I have never felt closer to Christ. I have tried a Protestant Church and Catholic Church and have now decided that my home is the Catholic Church. This is just my experience though, I believe Christ has guided me in the right direction, for me. I believe God puts everyone in a position that glorifies Him most so you may all already be in the best spot God sees fit for you. I'm not asking you to consider changing churches or anything heh, cuz I know that is your comfort zone and where God has placed you. I'm just asking you to keep an open mind about these sort of things.

God bless.

Upvote 0

LionOfJudah

Seeking after God's heart
Feb 2, 2004
Joplin Mo
Visit site
✟535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
caed this is in no way to start a debate but the Hail that Gaberiel uses is like saying HI, or announcing something. were as you can Hail in reverence/worship, or you can hail an event (announce it).

But Yes praise God for what your friend has had happen in her life. my grandmother was a devote catholic and i know she is going to be in Heaven.

Upvote 0

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
lucascruz said:
She didn't ascend into heaven.
Now that's going a bit too far. While I will agree that some of the other statements may be disputable - such as whether or not she died a virgin and whether Jesus' brothers were her sons or step-sons, I think it is rather presumptuous to say that she didn't go to heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CFOCdude

Nov 15, 2003
✟250.00
Faith
Catholic
Yes, please keep all debates and arguments in other threads. Some of the debating going on doesn't have much, if anything, to do with this praise report anyway. My theological beliefs and yours do not conflict with this miracle. The point is the Lord has healed and the word should be known.

By the way, it seems some of you have posted before reading the first post. The Blessed Mary held baby Jesus Christ during the apparition. As you can see, whether you believe Mary is a holy woman or not, there is no doubt that the Lord has healed here.

Upvote 0

rainyday

God is my umbrella
May 4, 2004
Home town - Pittsburgh PA
✟8,417.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are no coincidences ... only devine interventions as it is or is not God's will.

Let us know how she does.

I always say my rosary, after all, even Jesus himself tells James that Mary will be his mother as well!

PS ... thanks mod!
icon14.gif

Upvote 0