Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"It is very much as we suspected--that adolescent virginity has a significant impact on well-being in middle adulthood," said lead study author Reginald Finger, M.D. "We found, as well, that these better outcomes were not merely the result of avoiding teenage pregnancy or fatherhood. The outcomes are inherent to remaining abstinent. In addition, we found that female virgins were more likely than their non-virgin counterparts to have a positive financial net worth and were almost half as likely as non-virgins to use welfare benefits."

Having a positive financial net worth has a lot to do with knowing how to defer gratification (e.g. saving money rather than purchasing things on credit.) Remaining a virgin has a lot to do with deferring gratification.

Success in life involves waiting and planning.

Success also involves taking risks (and today, in 2005, remaining a virgin can be more of a "risk" than not. Sadly, a teen can risk his or her popularity and social standing by behaving differently from the rest of the crowd, and the "popular" crowd is often more active sexually and in substance abuse than the rest.)

If this were taken a step further, I would imagine that the sexually active "planners" (who used birth control, avoided promiscuous relationships, and took precautions about STD's) would do much better on the survey than the more casual sexually active teens.

Upvote 0

mpshiel

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2003
I've been told "Sodom" so I guess that's close eno
Visit site
✟11,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wierd, becuase Christian divorce rates are identical to non Christian divorce rates? Does this mean there are two tiered Christians: "real Christians" who are virgins and don't divorce and "other Christians" who had premarital sex and have lots of divorce?

Odd also since I know a lot of guys who are in mid to late 30's, virgins, overwieght, watch a lot of TV, watch a lot of strip shows (certainly are not "non-perverts"), have no money and sometimes live in thier parents house/garage. Is there some sort of "evil" virginity where it simply indicates that you aren't at all desireable?

Upvote 0