Video: Christian YouTubers who Proclaimed False Prophecies that Donald Trump Would be Re-elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm just starting to learn about this movement called "New Apostolic Reformation."

Wow. That movement has been around since 1990s. It's pretty common in the US, especially if you are the type of person to follow big name ministries and their conferences that are advertised in magazines like Charisma, or the Trinity Broadcasting group.

I was a part of it unwittingly back in the days before, and when it just got it's name by C. Peter Wagner, or was it George Barna? Basically if you attend a church with someone who sometimes refers themselves as a "prophet" or an "apostle" you are in it. Or if you go to a church pastored by a person who has befriended one of these people, then your in it. :)

Some of the stuff you quoted on politics is true, but exaggerated especially comparisons to things like the Taliban. The worst thing NAR would do would be to ban abortion in the US if it gained political power. But the dominions part is a good reminder, it is a reminder why they are screwed up in their predictive prophesy and always will be. They somehow expect that the Church to arise in some mighty way in the last days with miracles etc. and some kind of pure supernatural thing that contends with the World etc. and Christ comes back "for his spotless bride".

It's a weird reading of the Scripture. Yes the Bride in the last days may be spotless with her different trials she has to go through, but I always get the impression of the Church as just hanging on like the Christians in the Catacombs with Nero and Caligula (outside of the passage of "The Two Witnesses" that is). While they seem to expect people to behave more like Elijah and the prophets of Baal, Moses dealing with Pharaoh, Gideon and the Midianites etc. Basically the passages we see of being Shadows/Types of Christ, and what he will do on his return, they believe Christians will do that themselves, because of verses like Christ says his followers will do "greater works", and a passage in Ephesians where Paul speaks of "the five fold" office as bringing Christians "to perfection". They take those expressions very literally rather than as idioms, the way most do that the followers of Christ when it comes to Evangelism etc. can sometimes reach more people etc. "In His Name" and through the Holy Spirit than Jesus did in his preaching prior to the Resurrection and Crucifixion.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's pretty common in the US, especially if you are the type of person to follow big name ministries and their conferences that are advertised in magazines like Charisma, or the Trinity Broadcasting group.
Thank God, I have grounding in orthodox teaching and am able to spot false teaching and change the channel. I haven't listened to these people in decades.

They somehow expect that the Church to arise in some mighty way in the last days with miracles etc. and some kind of pure supernatural thing that contends with the World etc. and Christ comes back "for his spotless bride". It's a weird reading of the Scripture.

While they seem to expect people to behave more like Elijah and the prophets of Baal, Moses dealing with Pharaoh, Gideon and the Midianites etc. Basically the passages we see of being Shadows/Types of Christ, and what he will do on his return, they believe Christians will do that themselves, because of verses like Christ says his followers will do "greater works", and a passage in Ephesians where Paul speaks of "the five fold" office as bringing Christians "to perfection".
I'm just learning about this stuff. What you describe is called the "dominion" form of Postmillennialism. But then apparently not all "dominion" advocates are Postmillennial. My understanding is that some or maybe a majority believe in Dispensational Premillennialism. Can you discuss the relationship between both belief systems, which on the surface seem to be opposites?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm just learning about this stuff. What you describe is called the "dominion" form of Postmillennialism. But then apparently not all "dominion" advocates are Postmillennial. My understanding is that some or maybe a majority believe in Dispensational Premillennialism. Can you discuss the relationship between both belief systems, which on the surface seem to be opposites?

Sure I got a lot of info for you. I don't know the fine points of the theology etc. But I can point you to some of the main sources, and tell of my experiences etc. (I knew some of the leaders in the movement) Will send you an email sometime maybe later today, or tomorrow.

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This forum is for posters who believe in spiritual gifts and they're for today per forum rules.

Interestingly no one seems to care about the rules, they just care about calling use idiots and mad

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single