spiritualquest

Mar 24, 2008
✟15,132.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi,
I am Debra. I am 43. I have been through some kind of spiritual battle within myself lately and guess I will just be honest here.
Please keep in mind, I am a very kind and loving person who has always been full of giving and forgiving.
I was not truly raised as any particular faith. I do not go to church now and have not in years. I have always believed in Jesus Christ as my savior, was baptised in a southern Baptist church when I was 16. I have accepted the lord into my heart and have had many times when I believe prayers were answered and answers were given. I know enough about Christianity to pretty much know what most of you will say to me before I even hear it. (that is ok...)... I just have had alot of deep questions lately about the bible, god, jesus, the purpose of life itself, the afterlife and etc. I am a nurse and have seen more than my share of death. I suppose this has gotten me lately along with the fact I am at an age when I guess some of us begin to question the meaning of existence.

OK..... I can probably hear some of you already telling me "the devil is working on me"... LOL.... but I don't mean this in a nasty way. I am here to try to find answers. I appreciate you letting me be here. The thing is, I even joined an agnostic forum about 2 weeks ago. (of course, agnostic is NOT atheist. I am not atheist). I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is a spiritual realm and forces of good and evil in this world and beyond. And I do believe in Jesus. I am almost ashamed to tell any of you that I have questioned anything, because I have learned that being Christian means not questioning but having faith.

I am not Agnostic either. I have figured that much out. BECAUSE I KNOW inside that Jesus exists and that we are all going to find a spiritual realm after this life. Beyond that, I do not know what I believe for sure. OK?

Questions have come to mind lately about the authenticity of the bible and Christian beliefs. I must have come here for a reason folks.

Just this morning when I was about to sign in here, I looked outside my window and saw a cardinal. It was my mother's favorite bird and everytime I see one it reminds me of her. It almost felt like some kind of message. (I don't see Cardinals everyday).

Well, will post more later. Thanks.
Debra V.

personal email... ladybug75901@yahoo.com

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
I will start by welcoming you onto the Forums - I know you will find a place on here where you will feel relaxed and you can be completely honest.

I believe that ALL humans at one time or another (or even alot of the time) doubt inside - its the natural instinct of our characters - to look into things.
God gave us free will and so I don't think the DEVIL is doing nasty things to you - I just think that you are trying to find answers to the questions inside you.
This is a big thing to try and accomplish which is why you need to try and pinpoint the reason behind the doubt (in life we all have triggers which lead us into a different thought process) and then you can heal/ bring your faith back on the boil.
For me God is there to guide me and he Loves me unconditionally -when I have gone through crappy times, his presence has seen me through so even though there are those who seek to disprove the Bible, I believe that without God in my life I would be wandering pointlessly(that is at its very basic level).
That is just my point of view for what its worth but there are plenty of threads on here where you can get more advice. Probably better than mine!

THREADS TO LOOK AT!

Relaxation -http://christianforums.com/f8-relaxation.html
Ask a Chaplain -http://christianforums.com/f792-ask-a-pastor.html
Prayer requests -http://christianforums.com/prayer
General Struggles -http://christianforums.com/f483-general-struggles.html

Hope these help xxx

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
I will start by welcoming you onto the Forums - I know you will find a place on here where you will feel relaxed and you can be completely honest.

I believe that ALL humans at one time or another (or even alot of the time) doubt inside - its the natural instinct of our characters - to look into things.
God gave us free will and so I don't think the DEVIL is doing nasty things to you - I just think that you are trying to find answers to the questions inside you.
This is a big thing to try and accomplish which is why you need to try and pinpoint the reason behind the doubt (in life we all have triggers which lead us into a different thought process) and then you can heal/ bring your faith back on the boil.
For me God is there to guide me and he Loves me unconditionally -when I have gone through crappy times, his presence has seen me through so even though there are those who seek to disprove the Bible, I believe that without God in my life I would be wandering pointlessly(that is at its very basic level).
That is just my point of view for what its worth but there are plenty of threads on here where you can get more advice. Probably better than mine!

THREADS TO LOOK AT!

Relaxation -http://christianforums.com/f8-relaxation.html
Ask a Chaplain - http://christianforums.com/f792-ask-a-pastor.html
Prayer requests - http://christianforums.com/prayer
General Struggles -http://christianforums.com/f483-general-struggles.html

Hope these help xxx

Reactions: Springrain
Upvote 0

Minty

S.O.P.H.I.E
Aug 6, 2007
South East London, England
✟19,598.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Hello048.gif

Confusion can sometimes be a good thing, as it is only when we start to question things that we find the truth.

Your intro was very honest and I think that it took a lot of courage to say what you did, and I for one do not think any less of you for it.
I, too, am a little shaky about my faith sometimes, but my belief in Jesus has never waivered, and so I stand upon that foundation and search for the rest from there (I hope that makes sense, hehe).

I can recommend the Ask a Chaplain team here http://christianforums.com/f792-ask-a-pastor.html if you would like to ask questions about faith and life, really, I have used them and they really can help. :D

Always remember that Jesus is always there when you need him, as is CF and if you ever want to pm (private message) me, please do ont hesistate to do so, ok?

Can I add you to my prayer list?

May God bless you and keep you safe.

Minty. xx

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do empathise with you. I've been going through a long period of questioning as well.
Yes--I definitely believe in Jesus and that He's the Son of God and died for the remission of sins etc.---all what I think is the very core stuff. But there are so many different interpretations of scripture and so many different views on just about everything one can think of, it can be very confusing.
Trouble is, the more I think I understand stuff, the more questions rear their heads.
In the end, what I'm clinging to is Jesus and what I know of Him and God as a whole and ask Him to take care of the details.
But, it is frustrating, ---maybe everyone has to go through periods like this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alexus

Mar 28, 2008
✟15,222.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
In all realtionships we go through periods of ups and downs, including our relationship with God. I believe that when we question things and then find answers it makes our faith stronger.

There is also the well known image of the blacksmith beating and heating the gold in the fire. The more he heats it the more he is able to meld and shape it into something beautiful. Fire also purifies the gold as the head separates from the impurities.

I believe that the trials, tribulations and periods of deep questioning can strengthen our relationship with God.

I wish you all the best!

<hugs>

Upvote 0

wallymack

Mar 27, 2008
✟7,633.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Dear Confused. Faith in the Word of God is not mere mental assent of the validity and integrity of the Bible, because the Bible teaches that "faith" is a spiritual impartation from the Word of God which has "substance". When you experience the substance of faith you will not question the reality of the Bible Message. Here is how you get that kind of faith. "Faith comes-- by hearing and hearing (and hearing and hearing)-- the Word of God. Faith comes from "HEARING" the Good News of Christ, and hearing and hearing. You can't get that kind of faith any other way. In His Love... wallymack in Fort Smith, AR.

Upvote 0