Senior Veteran
Sep 28, 2005
✟20,212.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's romantic, read the love story of Isaac and Rebekah in Genesis 24

Gen 24:62 Now Isaac came from the way of Beer Lahai Roi, for he dwelt in the South.
Gen 24:63 And Isaac went out to meditate in the field in the evening; and he lifted his eyes and looked, and there, the camels were coming.
Gen 24:64 Then Rebekah lifted her eyes, and when she saw Isaac she dismounted from her camel;
Gen 24:65 for she had said to the servant, "Who is this man walking in the field to meet us?" The servant said, "It is my master." So she took a veil and covered herself.
Gen 24:66 And the servant told Isaac all the things that he had done.
Gen 24:67 Then Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent; and he took Rebekah and she became his wife, and he loved her. So Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

Upvote 0

wemmick

Jun 25, 2004
✟7,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I wore a veil and it covered my face. I loved that about it. I had fingertip length in the front that covered my face and cathedral in the back just past my train. I wavered a little bit a couple days before the wedding, but I'm so glad I kept it over the face. It was so sweet, and I will never forget the moment my husband lifted it to kiss me. It was amazing. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ardeur

Veteran
May 1, 2004
✟10,787.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am leaning towards having a veil that will cover my face. I am a little skeptical about it because I've had trouble keeping things attached to my head (thinking the cap during graduation). It seems like it would be bothersome and a needless worry, but then again the whole idea seems very romantic and traidtional, so I think I will keep it as long as I can find a way to have it securly attached.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hugnluvable

AMAZED!
Jul 17, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Visit site
✟18,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
gracefaith said:
The thought of wearing the veil over my face freaked me out at first, but then my fiancee (now husband) told me that he thought it looked really beautiful. I'm glad I did, it felt so romantic.

Same here with me and my husband! I felt really special with a veil on, it had loads of sparkly crystals scattered around it and it was just lovely that my future husband was the first person to see my face truly before the ceremony started in the church.

I was making loads of jokes though to my friends that could see me as we were waiting outside to go in. I had my hands in it as if I was trapped and couldnt get out! Maybe it was funny if you were there........ :doh:

Upvote 0

Catholic Wife

Senior Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
DFW Metroplex
✟17,678.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm wearing a mantilla veil, but more because of the fact that I wear that kind of a headcovering to church anyway. NO blusher covering my face, though.

Beth1231 said:
Be warned, though. Some pastors will take it as a sign of disrespect if you don't wear a veil. It seems to symbolize your father's covering. Then your Dad gives the responsibility of your covering to your husband.
I'm pretty old-fashioned, too. However, my church actually emphasizes the fact that two people enter marriage of their own free will, which the symbol of being under "your father's covering" undermines in a way. Plus, at my age, I haven't been under anyone's "covering" (except God's) for over 15 years.

Upvote 0