...the extraordinaire!
Dec 4, 2004
Queensland, Australia.
✟8,293.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I voted yes because I wore a veil for my wedding. However if I could do it again I would totally ditch the veil. I hated it covering my face ... it felt like we were reverting to some old culture where I ought to hide my face and be ashamed and all of that. It induced some really weird feelings in me. But to each their own ... it could induce some cool "bride-y" feelings in someone else. :)

Upvote 0
B

Beth1231

I wore a veil down the aisle. When Dad lifted it, he just kissed my cheek and then put it back over my face. It wasn't a cultural thing or anything. I just was too shy to stand in front of everyone for the whole cememony with my face uncovered:D My groom and I stood facing the audience, which was nice. My hubby lifted my veil completely to give me the first kiss. In today's day and age, you can do with it whatever you would like. Be warned, though. Some pastors will take it as a sign of disrespect if you don't wear a veil. It seems to symbolize your father's covering. Then your Dad gives the responsibility of your covering to your husband. I didn't mind at all. I'm an old-fashioned type of girl. Blessings!

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Veils are too irritating and pointless in my opinion - too much frustration to deal with on that day!

I'm ditching it and just having a hair piece - can't be bothered with it...

Mind you, my wedding is pretty much devoid of most traditions, so it's not surprising! :) And my FH can't see the point of them either.

Sasch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YoursTruely45

Jun 22, 2005
Florida
✟15,260.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
I voted for no veil. But I just dont want something covering my face. I feel like I am being like hidden. Its almost like I have spent 2 years with this person and I am just now going to cover my face. Doesnt make sense to me! LOL

But I think I am going to go for some sparkle things in my hair and maybe a veil but NOT on my face. I hate that! I think its so tacky...Then trying to say your vowls with that in your face...Im not about it! LOL :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah- the one and only heated argument my mother and I have had regarding my wedding.

I didn't want one- but she was very hurt by this. She felt a bride is not a bride without one. So we compramised; I am wearing a very small one at the back of my hair, and it will be taken out for the reception.

So
Yes veil
No cover face. I personally think thats tacky, along with poufy dresses with sleeves :p (No offence)

Upvote 0