newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, I've struggled with this one too. I haven't gone on a vacation in 2-3 years but traveling alone would be a drag. I take the risk and wait for a girlfriend to appear in my life.

BUT, don't kid yourself, the time relaxed in romantic surroundings WILL lead you to let your guard down. You feel so strong now but when you can have all that time cozy and alone.....

I wouldn't take a third wheel either. (Do they have chastity belts anymore?)lol

No big wise advice pops in my head except this----If you two can go on a vacation together and are TOTALLY nonsexual while on it I doubt you are marriage material anyway. Just me.

Upvote 0

Gibsonian

Apr 22, 2010
Iowa
✟7,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being on vacation is no less challenging for a couple imo than an evening alone watching a movie. You are either committed or not, and know what things you have to avoid to avoid. I don't think if you abstain from sex on a vacation, or any other time you are not marriage material, many marriages that started with premarital sex (that's like 99% of them) fail.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi v_grace,
Welcome to CF and your 1st post is here ... kewl.

I go on vacation with my GF all the time. No problem for me ... but then I'm a heretic, believing that the Bible doesn't condemn sex before marriage. Jesus did say do unto others as you would want them to do unto you. :)

dayhiker

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
If they're willing to stay in separate rooms at night, and behave themselves, I think it's fine.

I agree with this. If it were me, I would discuss the particulars before going on the trip so there were no misconstrued notions or expectations. Only you know if you and they can handle it, or if you even want them to go.

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This seems a double edged sword. If you go and there is NO inclination/temptation to be involved sexually that would be a hint of a lack of passion in the relationship. God did not design us to be so intimately involved without SOME heat of passion. To discover this would be a bit of a downer.

On the other hand if you go and the moonlight gleams at that perfect angle, she looks so fair and appealing and you've had so much fun on the beach wooo, that's heady stuff! If you get the urge to merge your guilt could later be a downer too.

I've "been there done that" when in my early 30s I took a trip with my strong Christian girlfriend. It was wondereful but we definitely went beyond our limits.

Better have a room waaaay down the hall from each other if you decide to go. Yes, some may have an iron will but those are the MINORITY!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums