Mar 30, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟8,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
always make sure you have the latest drivers and direct (which is 9.b now) if youre having problems with anything on your comp, thats guaranteed to be a fix for 80% of the probs most people see
Yeah, exactly. We downloaded the UT 2004 demo and because of the drivers and directx it ran. Thank goodness that UT 2004 does not require above DirectX 9.0 (it requires 8.0 or something to that extent). Some of these games are asking for a lot of system requirements out of our computers...rediculous.

The demo is great and I shut off the violence (if they didn't have the option I wouldn't play it), and I love the onslaught mode. Great fun. The game is definitely going to sell good from what I can see and it especially meant for mutliplayer action :)

I also downloaded the game "Far Cry" and it recommends a 128MB video card which is silliness considering how expensive that gets...such a video card can be the cost of an entire Xbox - LOL :)

UT 2004 is a much more fast-paced version of BF 1942, which I have also downloaded the demo. Great game as well - not violent (blood, gore).

Anyway, good topic and post away!
Robby :D

Upvote 0

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
UT2004 0wnz! at First i Was Afraid to Play onslought... i Shuddered at The Idea of Vehicles (no More Bad Tribes Flashbacks) But Surprisingly, The UT Team Made The Vehicles Very Likeable, and Well Rounded...

Applauds !

id Rant on About Video Cards: but i'll Restrain Myself... gotta Not Expose my True Nerd'ness once in awhile.

Upvote 0

MiccyNarc

Cynic
Dec 18, 2003
Longview Texas
Visit site
✟19,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
EDIT: NOO! My post went bye bye!! NOO! I spent about 10 minutes going into detail about all the weapons :(

EDIT2: Go to the start menu, and the UT2004 menu. The full game manual is there.
This is in reply to:
my only problem is....i have no idea what all the guns can do and such yet, but i will learn :)
I also downloaded the game "Far Cry" and it recommends a 128MB video card which is silliness considering how expensive that gets...such a video card can be the cost of an entire Xbox - LOL
You really ought to get a 128 MB graphics card. You can get them cheap.
Hey, hey! Yeah, it does. Didn't even mention the graphics. Never have seen a computer game that looks so great, but I have seen games on the Xbox (like Halo) that are great graphics too Wow, technology keeps on getting better and better
I don't like low res graphics, so I don't like Xbox. I am a graphics fiend.

Upvote 0

KnightRobby

BOVGTV - TV For Gamers!
Mar 30, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟8,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fire Ox, have you played an Xbox? It is now the number one system at the moment, and I can see why. I can't wait for Halo 2 to come out (if I can buy it - these games are expensive). Have you played such games like Madden 2004, Rallisport Challenge, Halo? Incredible games. I am excited about Jade Empire, Rainbow Six 3 is cool, and others.

Let me know what you think,
Robby

Upvote 0

CHR15T05

Christian Fundamentalist
Nov 15, 2003
✟15,602.00
Faith
Christian
KnightRobby said:
Fire Ox, have you played an Xbox?

I think what Fire Ox was meaning when he said "I dont like low res" was that ALL consols work via TV and are therefore STUCK in lowres because that's all a TV can display. Typically a TV displays at around 720 x 576 (4:3 (square) TV)

However I agree with you. I have a PC which rocks along at 1280 x 1024 in most games and looks ACE.......

But I also have an Xbox which I think looks just as good. No the graphics are not as sharp, but then you don't have to sit 2 inches away from the screen to read the text. Consols are a more sociable and comfortable play IMHO.

I just need to buy more Xbox games and get Xbox live to get me off the PC ;)

Upvote 0

MiccyNarc

Cynic
Dec 18, 2003
Longview Texas
Visit site
✟19,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Fire Ox, have you played an Xbox? It is now the number one system at the moment, and I can see why. I can't wait for Halo 2 to come out (if I can buy it - these games are expensive). Have you played such games like Madden 2004, Rallisport Challenge, Halo? Incredible games. I am excited about Jade Empire, Rainbow Six 3 is cool, and others.
Here are some good PC only games:
Flight Simulator 2004
Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries (Mechassault doesn't come close, I've played it)
Unreal Tournament 2004
Middle-Earth Online
Uru
Battlefield 1942
<insert strategy game>

And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to play on the internet. And the graphics are alot sharper. And in my opinion, PCs are about 100x more fun. I have played on the Xbox, and it's just not the same, or better.
And the number one system? So, you're saying that the Xbox, which has been out for just a few years, has now sold more than the PC, which has been out for about 30 years? Doesn't seem likely :)
And this thread is now:
hijacked.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CHR15T05

Christian Fundamentalist
Nov 15, 2003
✟15,602.00
Faith
Christian
Now also tried the demo on my Laptop to see if it would run.
In the true style of the UT engine.... it does, with little slow down. No all he graphic options are not set to high, but the game remains playable.

Spec:
P4 2.2 Ghz
512 MB Ram
40 GB HDD
16 MB ATI Rage Graphics.

I also have to say that on the laptop and my desktop system, it seems like a real return to the feel of the original UT (Especialy when playing assault) while keeping the best elements from UT2003, and adding the huge landscapes and vehcles from Halo... and making them better.

With Voice Communication thrown in..... I just MUST get the full version on release.

Hmmmm.... my CHristmas list for 2004?

Halo2 for Xbox
UT2004.
Socks (Coz I know Ill get those anyway)

Is it too early to write a christmas list? ;)

Upvote 0

CHR15T05

Christian Fundamentalist
Nov 15, 2003
✟15,602.00
Faith
Christian
Wolc said:
The vehicles in Halo are much better done imo.. They feel real compared to the toys in 2k4... Quite sad actually...

Each to his own mate each to his own. WHat is "sad" to one is ...erm.. "happy" to another (Happy being the gramatic oposite of sad... hmmm)
What I do think is that the controls for vehicles in Halo is better.
Other than that, the vehicles in UT2004 seem to be almost exact copies of those in Halo.

Now if you want to use the word "sad" there.... feel free ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolc

Dec 13, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟198.00
Faith
Christian
CHR15T05 said:
Each to his own mate each to his own. WHat is "sad" to one is ...erm.. "happy" to another (Happy being the gramatic oposite of sad... hmmm)
What I do think is that the controls for vehicles in Halo is better.
Other than that, the vehicles in UT2004 seem to be almost exact copies of those in Halo.

Now if you want to use the word "sad" there.... feel free ;)

True.. Everyone has their own tastes :)
The world would be pretty boring otherwise :wave:

Upvote 0

Dyrwen

Godless Reprobate
Jun 24, 2003
WA, USA. Earth.
Visit site
✟16,073.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
I downloaded it like a week or so ago, runs pretty smooth. I like the insanity that happens with Onslaught. I'd say Bombing Run is always pretty fun to try and do. Capture the Flag is a classic great on there, such maze like levels.

My specs are pretty low right now.

1.3ghz AMD Athlon, 256 RAM, 100GB hardrive, Radeon 9000 Video card.

Upgrading on saturday to a 3.0 Ghz P4 with a new mobo.

On a gamed note, I like that little buggy on Onslaught that as a secondary attack shoots out those razors and cuts off heads.

Upvote 0

MiccyNarc

Cynic
Dec 18, 2003
Longview Texas
Visit site
✟19,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

1.3ghz AMD Athlon, 256 RAM, 100GB hardrive, Radeon 9000 Video card.
You really should get another graphics card. Skip the CPU and go for graphics, especially if you're going for graphics intense games like UT2004.
Radeon 9600 XT, or 9800 SE are cheap and good.

Upvote 0

Dyrwen

Godless Reprobate
Jun 24, 2003
WA, USA. Earth.
Visit site
✟16,073.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
I've already got myself a new processor. I won't be upgrading for another 4 years like this time, so I am doing so now. I'll get around to a new graphics card eventually, but processor speed is more important to me in college future as I may be gaming less and typing more.

Upvote 0