Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Pope does not institute anything in America... America sets up an image to the beast. You can bet that the popes message will be pushing for a sunday rest solution to combat climate change. When the legislators bring it into effect is another matter... considering the Paris summit is set for Dec. it could be anytime after that. Possibly precipitated by a major 'natural disaster' 9/11 event.

Upvote 0

Kira Light

Shinigami love apples
Oct 16, 2009
✟15,777.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Pope does not institute anything in America... America sets up an image to the beast. You can bet that the popes message will be pushing for a sunday rest solution to combat climate change. When the legislators bring it into effect is another matter... considering the Paris summit is set for Dec. it could be anytime after that. Possibly precipitated by a major 'natural disaster' 9/11 event.

This is the first I'm hearing of climate change being tied to the Sunday Law. How does resting on Sunday even help? Most people already don't work on weekends. Will he say we shouldn't drive cars on Sundays or something?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I would suggest you to the Wake Up Laodicea thread and watch the messages given... it is well documented in media reports what the beast is doing and pastor Henrique's media enhanced sermons shows clearly the time we are living in.

Upvote 0

Kira Light

Shinigami love apples
Oct 16, 2009
✟15,777.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would suggest you to the Wake Up Laodicea thread and watch the messages given... it is well documented in media reports what the beast is doing and pastor Henrique's media enhanced sermons shows clearly the time we are living in.

Looks like hours and hours of youtube lectures. I think I'll pass.

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please watch this video and prayerfully consider the times we are living in.... your salvation may depend upon it! The Sunday Law is closer than you think.
- emphasis mine.

My salvation - all salvation - is dependent on Christ's grace alone! It may be interesting or beneficial to be aware of certain knowledge/information, but our salvation is NOT dependent on us or how much we do or do not know. Christ is the only way to salvation!

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please give me a reference for what you're talking about regarding Dura.

And, no. Obedience does not qualify a person for salvation. Obedience flows from faith through someone who is already saved. It does not go the other way around. No amount of work or obedience or knowledge saves anyone. Only Christ is the way to salvation. See Ephesians 2, Philippians 3:4-9, John 14:6, Acts 16:30-31, Gal 2:21, Titus 3:5, Revelation 12:11.

Besides being a core biblical principle, salvation by faith in Christ alone is also a fundamental belief statement of our church family. "In Christ's life of perfect obedience to God's will through His suffering, death and resurrection, God provided the only means of atonement for human sin, so that those who by faith accept this atonement may have eternal life, and all of creation may better understand the infinite and holy love of the Creator." (source: https://www.adventist.org/en/beliefs/salvation/the-life-death-and-resurrection-of-christ/)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kira Light

Shinigami love apples
Oct 16, 2009
✟15,777.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please give me a reference for what you're talking about regarding Dura.

And, no. Obedience does not qualify a person for salvation. Obedience flows from faith through someone who is already saved. It does not go the other way around. No amount of work or obedience or knowledge saves anyone. Only Christ is the way to salvation. See Ephesians 2, Philippians 3:4-9, John 14:6, Acts 16:30-31, Gal 2:21, Titus 3:5, Revelation 12:11.

Besides being a core biblical principle, salvation by faith in Christ alone is also a fundamental belief statement of our church family. "In Christ's life of perfect obedience to God's will through His suffering, death and resurrection, God provided the only means of atonement for human sin, so that those who by faith accept this atonement may have eternal life, and all of creation may better understand the infinite and holy love of the Creator." (source: https://www.adventist.org/en/beliefs/salvation/the-life-death-and-resurrection-of-christ/)

Do you believe in the Sunday Law? Do you believe worship on Sunday is the mark of the beast? Can a person with the mark be saved?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's what I was referring to Kira... maybe a person who is rooted in righteousness by faith in Christ cannot be swayed at the sunday test.... maybe...

We are called to be watchmen on the wall and I'm telling you guys that what sister White was shown is coming to pass... now is the time to surrender yourself completely to Christ.

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm not interested in debating the mark of the beast or Sunday law. And I'm not saying those concepts are not worth exploring or that the Bible doesn't make it a point to talk about them. What I am saying, is it is incorrect, maybe even misleading, to say that one's salvation is dependent on knowledge of such subjects. Knowledge, obedience, good works are all good things, but they are not what saves us. Christ alone saves us. That's it. Anything less than total grace of God completely undermines the sacrifice of Jesus Christ in his life, death, and resurrection. That is a biblical emphasis and a doctrinal truth of our church. If we say that anything other than Christ is the key to our salvation, we are not unlike any other world religion that teaches you must earn your way to paradise.

Upvote 0

Kira Light

Shinigami love apples
Oct 16, 2009
✟15,777.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not interested in debating the mark of the beast or Sunday law. And I'm not saying those concepts are not worth exploring or that the Bible doesn't make it a point to talk about them. What I am saying, is it is incorrect, maybe even misleading, to say that one's salvation is dependent on knowledge of such subjects. Knowledge, obedience, good works are all good things, but they are not what saves us. Christ alone saves us. That's it. Anything less than total grace of God completely undermines the sacrifice of Jesus Christ in his life, death, and resurrection. That is a biblical emphasis and a doctrinal truth of our church. If we say that anything other than Christ is the key to our salvation, we are not unlike any other world religion that teaches you must earn your way to paradise.

So if you have faith you can worship on Sunday and take the mark of the beast and still be saved? What is faith without works?

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Faith without works is dead (James 2:26). But works do not save you. Like I said before, an alive faith flowing from an already saved person produces obedience and good works. But no matter what I do or do not do, my actions are not my salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9). My knowledge is not my salvation. My church group is not my salvation. Christ alone is my salvation. All my righteousness is like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6), and all have sinned and fall short continually of the mark set by God's law (Romans 3:23). Did you know that in the times of the early Christian church, there were Gnostic groups that claimed they had special knowledge which saved them and only them? And that the writers of the NT emphasized that the Gnostic groups were wrong in their thinking (see especially the books written by John and Paul). And Paul very vehemently spoke against Jewish Christians who were trying to make Gentiles keep the law - including the 10 commandments - in Galatians. That's not to say that the 10 commandments aren't good ones to follow, only to say that obedience to laws does not save anyone, and the bible writers are very clear about that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kira Light

Shinigami love apples
Oct 16, 2009
✟15,777.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Faith without works is dead (James 2:26). But works do not save you. Like I said before, an alive faith flowing from an already saved person produces obedience and good works. But no matter what I do or do not do, my actions are not my salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9). My knowledge is not my salvation. My church group is not my salvation. Christ alone is my salvation. All my righteousness is like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6), and all have sinned and fall short continually of the mark set by God's law (Romans 3:23). Did you know that in the times of the early Christian church, there were Gnostic groups that claimed they had special knowledge which saved them and only them? And that the writers of the NT emphasized that the Gnostic groups were wrong in their thinking (see especially the books written by John and Paul). And Paul very vehemently spoke against Jewish Christians who were trying to make Gentiles keep the law - including the 10 commandments - in Galatians. That's not to say that the 10 commandments aren't good ones to follow, only to say that obedience to laws does not save anyone, and the bible writers are very clear about that.

So it sounds like a person can take the mark of the beast and worship on Sunday and still be saved. Am I wrong?

Upvote 0

CaptainToad

Feb 7, 2015
✟13,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So it sounds like a person can take the mark of the beast and worship on Sunday and still be saved. Am I wrong?

Funny question, the bible says that those who take the mark of the beast will not be saved...

I wonder if the sunday/saturday worhsip is actually the mark of the beast, though.. and I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt.

Has it been the mark of the beast all the time or will it become the mark of the beast in the end times only?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying there is no theoretical possibility for this, - problem is the SDA church or EGW has been causing lots of confusion in general (like for example having influence on when Christ returns!) - so the whole thing has become doubtful to me, to say the least.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you fail the obedience test, you are lost... remember the plains of Dura.

Obedience to what, though, East? It sounds like you're saying we need to get everything right about the circumstances of the last days or something in order to be saved. I mean, what do you want us to do?

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the first I'm hearing of climate change being tied to the Sunday Law. How does resting on Sunday even help? Most people already don't work on weekends. Will he say we shouldn't drive cars on Sundays or something?
"CLIMATE CHANGE" is the newest deception to deflect people from the truth as well as from their own well-being, so that they surrender their freedoms and become enslaved. It is now being used worldwide to deceive people into accepting all kinds of tyrannies, atrocities and follies leading up to the New World Order under the Antichrist. The then pope will be in complete collusion with the Antichrist. This slogan is for the gullible and those who don't really believe that the manipulators of this world (backed by Satan) are simply perpetrating another hoax. Now we have the absolute stupidity of tying climate change to Sundays.

Upvote 0