Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if the sunday/saturday worhsip is actually the mark of the beast, though.. and I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt.

Read what Revelation says... those that worship the beast. That means the choice of being sealed or being marked will come down to worship... now think, what day did God institute, sanctify and ordain to worship Him on? What day is satans counterfeit of this day of worship? The day of worshipping the sun...

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Obedience to what, though, East? It sounds like you're saying we need to get everything right about the circumstances of the last days or something in order to be saved. I mean, what do you want us to do?

The SDA's who have had the privilege of knowing these things will be judged immediately at the institution of the Sunday law... the rest of the world will still have probation extended to them as the Holy Spirit inspires those that stayed faithful to Christ to proclaim with power the third angels message. Once the message is given to everyone and everyone has made their choice, then Christ will stand up and declare that "he who is unjust let him be unjust still and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still." Then will Christ come...

Upvote 0

CaptainToad

Feb 7, 2015
✟13,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Read what Revelation says... those that worship the beast. That means the choice of being sealed or being marked will come down to worship... now think, what day did God institute, sanctify and ordain to worship Him on? What day is satans counterfeit of this day of worship? The day of worshipping the sun...

Ok, I get your point.

Tell me, if people worship God on a Sunday (up till now) - are they in fact unknowingly worshipping the beast?

Has Sunday always been about worshipping the beast or will it just become the mark of the beast when 'Sunday law' becomes actual law?

Is there any room for the mark of the beast to be something else? not necessarily a day of worship?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I get your point.

Tell me, if people worship God on a Sunday (up till now) - are they in fact unknowingly worshipping the beast?

Has Sunday always been about worshipping the beast or will it just become the mark of the beast when 'Sunday law' becomes actual law?

Is there any room for the mark of the beast to be something else? not necessarily a day of worship?

Sabbath/sunday worship will only become an issue when the sunday law is enacted...there are many of God's people that are currently worshipping in ignorance on sunday... once the latter rain is poured out upon the faithful remnant the message will be proclaimed letting everyone know the deal so they can make their own decision.

Upvote 0

CaptainToad

Feb 7, 2015
✟13,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sabbath/sunday worship will only become an issue when the sunday law is enacted...there are many of God's people that are currently worshipping in ignorance on sunday... once the latter rain is poured out upon the faithful remnant the message will be proclaimed letting everyone know the deal so they can make their own decision.

I must say if this was really turn out the way you say it will turn out, then its quite fair - I mean, making a conscious decision is always good, I still have my doubts, though

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So what's this Sunday Law bit supposed to be?

We are told in the book of Revelation that the coming conflict just before Christ's return will involve worship

Revelation 13:4

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

The Bible tells us what is considered worthy to God for worship

Genesis 2:3
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Also in Exodus 20 we read the fourth Commandment the same...

Exodus 20:8-11
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

To sanctify or hallow something means to make it worthy of worship. God has told us to worship Him on the Sabbath day, the seventh day of the week.

Now satan, wanting to be like God, has counterfeited God's day of worship and made sunday the day to worship him. In the early church, the pagan worshippers of the sun god, who were worshipping on the first day of the week, were allowed to bring this practice into the church and it has been rooted in tradition ever since. Unfortunately, God did not change His day of worship... man did.

Jesus speaks about those that honour the traditions of men over His Commandments...

Matt. 15:3
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Going back to Revelation, we again see in Rev 13 that worship will be central to the receiving the mark of the beast..

Rev 13:14-17
And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

If true worship to God the Creator is in worshipping Him on His appointed, sanctified and Holy day which He did not alter, then the worship of the enemy of God will be on another day. When this false day is legislated to be honored above the seventh day Sabbath then the choice will be made plain to all on whose side they are to show fidelity... Christ or satan.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We are told in the book of Revelation that the coming conflict just before Christ's return will involve worship

Revelation 13:4

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

The Bible tells us what is considered worthy to God for worship

Genesis 2:3
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Also in Exodus 20 we read the fourth Commandment the same...

Exodus 20:8-11
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

To sanctify or hallow something means to make it worthy of worship. God has told us to worship Him on the Sabbath day, the seventh day of the week.

Now satan, wanting to be like God, has counterfeited God's day of worship and made sunday the day to worship him. In the early church, the pagan worshippers of the sun god, who were worshipping on the first day of the week, were allowed to bring this practice into the church and it has been rooted in tradition ever since. Unfortunately, God did not change His day of worship... man did.

Jesus speaks about those that honour the traditions of men over His Commandments...

Matt. 15:3

But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Going back to Revelation, we again see in Rev 13 that worship will be central to the receiving the mark of the beast..

Rev 13:14-17

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

If true worship to God the Creator is in worshipping Him on His appointed, sanctified and Holy day which He did not alter, then the worship of the enemy of God will be on another day. When this false day is legislated to be honored above the seventh day Sabbath then the choice will be made plain to all on whose side they are to show fidelity... Christ or satan.
O...kay... and you guys think the Pope is going to make this a law worldwide?

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Pope will influence, yes but the leadership of the apostate nations will enact the laws... have you not read that Francis is advocating for sunday observance to combat climate change? There are events that are planned for the end of this year that will start the ball rolling rather quickly...

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Pope will influence, yes but the leadership of the apostate nations will enact the laws... have you not read that Francis is advocating for sunday observance to combat climate change? There are events that are planned for the end of this year that will start the ball rolling rather quickly...
No, I haven't heard that. Where did you read it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Um, maybe you weren't aware, but Catholics have been doing that for some time now. Nor am I aware of it being legally enforced anywhere, are you?

It not about Catholics but about the tying in of global warming and the solutions for it to sunday observance... don't forget Francis is coming to America next month to address Congress and will be attending the Paris summit in December on climate change. It's not about what's happening at the moment, these are just the warning sign for the watchers on the wall to proclaim...it's about what's about to take place very soon... sister White spoke of this very thing 150 years ago. There are coming events in the natural world that will so frighten man that he will turn to his only perceived help.. that of the Beast.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so I listened to the entire clip and really, it was an eye-opener! I watched the documentary of the Four Blood Moons (please know I don't believe everything I hear), and those historical events did come to pass as the Bible said - I was floored by this. It's true what they say, a Bible in one hand and the paper in the other.

Now I don't agree with everything the Adventist preacher had to say either, but he's spot on with what's coming. The musicians? Look at Beyoncé. She's clearly marked herself with the beast. It's really disturbing how she talks openly about being possessed and how she wants the whole video to be possessed by this "Sasha Fierce" spirit; and has admitted that she becomes someone else when performing.

He's right when he said to
wake up and look at the warning signs. I'm certainly watching. I'll also admit that I sometimes take the Bible too literal, but I have trust in God that He speaks to me in these ways so I don't miss anything. That's not to say I don't read the Bible everyday, I do and even put on the Armor of God every morning before I go about my day. He challenges me with these videos, I start questioning things about what's in the Bible and sometimes they are answered through scripture or through videos such as these.

Onto my question: This Sunday Law. I'm Canadian and the first day of the week for us starts on Sunday while for Europeans it's Monday. Which day is the true Sabbath day? I can't find it in the Bible, this 7th day. For work I have taken off Sundays just so I can take those weekly days to worship God. Ignorance is far from bliss, I don't want to be worshiping God on the day Satan has counterfeited.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Onto my question: This Sunday Law. I'm Canadian and the first day of the week for us starts on Sunday while for Europeans it's Monday. Which day is the true Sabbath day? I can't find it in the Bible, this 7th day. For work I have taken off Sundays just so I can take those weekly days to worship God. Ignorance is far from bliss, I don't want to be worshiping God on the day Satan has counterfeited.

God bless you for following the Lamb wherever He leads...

Here is an article I have picked up from a Sabbath website...

Here are four positive proofs which identify the
true Sabbath
today:

1. According to
the Scriptures
, Christ died on Friday and rose on Sunday, the
first day of the week
. Practically all churches acknowledge this fact by observing Easter Sunday and Good Friday. Here is
the Bible
evidence: "This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of
Jesus
. And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid. And that day was the preparation, and
the sabbath
drew on." Luke 23:52-54.

Here is proof that Jesus died the day before the Sabbath. It was called "
the preparation day
" because it was the time to get ready for the Sabbath. Let us read the next verses: "And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid. And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to
the commandment
." Verses 55, 56.

Please notice that the women rested over the Sabbath "according to the commandment." The commandment says, "The seventh day is the Sabbath," so we know they were observing Saturday. But the very next verse says, "Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared. ... And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre." Luke 24:1, 2.

How clearly these three consecutive days are described for us. He died Friday, the preparation day, commonly called
Good Friday
. He rested in the tomb on the seventh day, Sabbath, "according to the commandment." That was Saturday. Then on Sunday, the first day of the week, Easter Sunday to many, Jesus arose from the grave.

Anyone who can locate Good Friday or Easter Sunday will have absolutely no difficulty finding the true Sabbath.

The calendar has not been changed
so as to confuse the days of the week. We can be positive that our
seventh day
is the same day Jesus observed when He was here. Pope Gregory XIII did make a calendar change in 1582, but it did not interfere with the weekly cycle. Our present Gregorian calendar was named after him when he made that small change in 1582.

What did Pope Gregory do to the calendar? Before 1582 the Julian calendar had been in effect, instituted by
Julius Ceasar
about 46 B.C. and named after him. But the Julian calendar had calculated the length of the year as 365 1/4 days, and the year is actually eleven minutes less than 365 1/4 days. Those eleven minutes accumulated, and by 1582 the numbering of the calendar was ten days out of harmony with the solar system. Gregory simply dropped those ten days out of the numbering of the calendar. It was Thursday, October 4, 1582, and the next day, Friday, should have been October 5. But Gregory made it October 15 instead, dropping exactly ten days to bring the calendar back into harmony with the heavenly bodies.

Were the days of the week confused? No. Friday still followed Thursday, and Saturday still followed Friday. The same seventh day remained, and the weekly cycle was not disturbed in the least. When we keep the
seventh day on Saturday
, we are observing the same day Jesus kept, and He did it every week according to Luke 4:16.

3. The third evidence for the true Sabbath is the most conclusive of all. The Jewish people have been observing the seventh day from the time of Abraham, and they still keep it today. Here is a whole nation - millions of individuals - who have been counting off time meticulously, week after week, calendar or no calendar, for thousands of years. Could they have lost track? Impossible. The only way they could have lost a day would have been for the entire nation to have slept over an extra 24 hours and for no one ever to tell them about it afterwards.

There has been no change or loss of the Sabbath since God made it in Genesis. The origin of the week is found in the creation story. There is no scientific or astronomical reason for measuring time in cycles of seven days. It is an arbitrary arrangement of God and has been miraculously preserved for one reason - because the holy Sabbath day points to the creative power of the only true God. It is a sign of His sovereignty over the world and over human life; a sign of creation and redemption.

Is this not the reason God will preserve
Sabbath-keeping
throughout eternity? We read in Isaiah 66:22, 23: "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord."

The Sabbath is so precious to God that He will have His people observe it throughout all time to come in the beautiful new earth. If it is so precious to Him, should it not be precious to us? If we are going to keep it then, should we not keep it now?

In an age of false gods, of atheistic evolution, and traditions of men, the world needs the Sabbath more than ever as a test of our loyalty to the great Creator-God and a sign of our sanctification through His power.

4. Proof number four lies in the fact that over one hundred languages of the earth use the word "Sabbath" for Saturday. For example, the Spanish word for Saturday is "
Sabado
," meaning Sabbath. What does this prove? It proves that when those hundred languages originated in the long, long ago, Saturday was recognized as the Sabbath day and was incorporated into the very name of the day.

Upvote 0