ekcol

Jul 29, 2011
Westlock, Alberta
✟15,191.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm looking for advice/insight/thoughts. I've been raised in the Pentecostal church and I've moved away from my home town and am now looking to join a congregation. There is a "low Pentecostal/evangelical" community church that is more traditional but I'm not really sure what low Pentecostal/evangelical is. I've met the pastor and his wife (through my job as a funeral director) and they are very nice people but I'd be weary of attending a service and not returning as I'm afraid it would reflect poorly (in the pastor's eyes) because I often work services at that church.
The other church in town is a modern pentecostal which reminds me of my old church but I don't feel a connection with the pastor.
Does anyone have insight? Thank you all and god bless
Kelly

Lee52

Mar 11, 2011
Normal, Illinois
✟2,645.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1) Do not attend a congregation out of a sense of obligation.

2) Trust the Holy Spirit in leading your spirit to identify with the spirit of the shepherd called to assist in your spiritual growth.

You are called to a purpose. Perhaps the Holy Spirit is leading you toward one congregation and away from another. Follow the Holy Spirit, do not attempt to lead Him.

Be blessed,
Lee52

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe denoms. are scriptural, so I cannot advise on this, but I would say that an earnest seeker should seek to understand what the NT church is as God intends in His Word. That is where all saints should be gathered. Look up so that God can guide you!

- 1 Watchman

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ekcol

Jul 29, 2011
Westlock, Alberta
✟15,191.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
1) Perhaps the Holy Spirit is leading you toward one congregation and away from another. Follow the Holy Spirit, do not attempt to lead Him.

Be blessed,
Lee52

This is very true Lee52, I didn't realize I was attepting to lead but that is exactly what I was trying to do. I need to follow and listen.

s_s I took your advice and prayed on it, I'm going to trust what He is telling me and go with the patro I feel a connection with. I realized this is His way of telling me his plan for me.

Thank you salida, this is very true, like I said He is working through this pastor, giving me the answer I needed I was too busy over thinking it and contemplating His plan out of obligation or pull from my old church.

Thank you 1watchman, I will read my bible again and look for any mention of demoninations but I think you are right. I just felt comfortable with my old church but it's time for a new beginning. :)

Upvote 0