University of Wisconsin won’t condemn pro-Hamas protesters chanting ‘glory to the murders’

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, in another thread discussing birthright citizenship, I brought this up. All the people here illegally, giving birth. A response I got was, they take the child back to their country and raise them. I was speaking of terrorists. Then when these kids are grown they have full on access as citizens. That concern was turned into racism, or some such nonsense.
Yes that is part of the thinking (ideology) that any talk of stopping minorities from gaining the same equal status regardless of circumstances is being oppressive and as these dividing lines created under intersectionality (a core idea within Critical theory) is measured only by race, gender, sex, ethnicity ect.

So these divisions like race will be used as the cause of all differences in equality and all other reasons like individual ability and differences and environment are discounted. Its not because a white person worked hard to get there, it was their priveledge and it wasn't because males may be more attuned to be better at certain things its the patriarchy.

Therefore the facts and reality of the situation such as that taking this ideology to its conclusion that we should have open borders otherwise its oppressive and thus not decerning the reality that this also creates other problems as we are seeing. As as we see more of this unreality pan ut we really begin to see the incoherency of this ideology when applied to real life.

But theres no telling ideologues that their position is incoherent because its a belief and not based on logic or facts. Unfortunately like all beliefs the proof is in the pudding so their may be some short term chaos but reality will eventually correct things. In the mean time a lot of harm is done such as dividing society where identity groups are hating each other and being violent such as the growing antisemetism in society.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, in another thread discussing birthright citizenship, I brought this up. All the people here illegally, giving birth. A response I got was, they take the child back to their country and raise them. I was speaking of terrorists. Then when these kids are grown they have full on access as citizens. That concern was turned into racism, or some such nonsense.
Not racism, just paranoia.

Upvote 0