California
✟12,880.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to Christian Forums! May you be blessed with lots of blessings, reputations, health, and a lot of good posts!

There are many helpful things here in the FAQ and it will get you off to a wonderful start.

We do hope to see you around the forums soon, and may God bless you. :)

Upvote 0
R

Rocky582

Excuses me Luc, but are you Vietnamese? Welcome to the Forum BTW.

First and first and for most I don't think that you've study the bible enough, because I've seen you asked some questions that even newly Christian like I would know how to answer. I won't lie, because I haven't fully accepted Christianity yet, and I'm always struggling with my faith. The day I accept Christianity fully is the day when God will come and open my eyes, when god give me the gift of faith and really show me that he is the only way. How ever until then, I still study the bible and Christianity to the full extend and I've only done so for about 3 months or so.

Firstly you got to understand one thing. There's only 1 real god, if you look at it either Christian or Islam perspective and the other is in fact a temptation by the devil to lead you away from god.

So the concert of Christianity doesn't please you? Of how even wickle people will be saved? That's not the case because as you know when someone truly accepted god, he will become a better person and will try not to sin because he knows it will hurt Christ. When you accept god and when you're save is not when you declare and promise with your mouth, it's when you declare it with your heart and maintain and flawless heart for god. If someone declare they've became a Christian, yet they continue to sin and do bad stuff, then surely they haven't accepted or believe in Christ with all their heart. Take for example. If you know that by breaking the law, your parents will have to suffer the consequences and pay a large fine to bail you out of Jail, then will you still break the law? Of course not! When you love you parents so much because they provide you with unconditional love, then you will certainly not do anything to hurt them.

Further more, the bible clearly stated that faith without work is dead, but the ultimate thing that save us is faith. I don't know where you get the Faith with no work concept.

And if you're struggling like this, please just become Agnostics and find your own path. Don't choose what seem logical in your eyes. Don't choose what you feel is right. For all you know there's only 1 correct way to go. And do remember that our feelings, emotions, and sight usually lied to us. Take the sun for example; human in the old days believe that the sun revolve around the earth simple because they see how the sun sets and rise, how ever after thousands of years they finally know that it's the earth which is revolving around the sun. And the only way you or anyone else can become a true Christian is when he seeks you, simple from reading the bible or Reading the Koran, it will only give you mind knowledge, but what you need is heart knowledge a knowledge that you know for sure what is truth and what is not.

And what ever happen in the after life is not what’s said by man but by God. Just because Islam has an afterlife that is in favor to you, it doesn’t mean it will actually happen.

And I ask you one question. Are you the type of guy who live life in hoping you’ve get something in the after life? Hoping you’ll get a great reward in the after life? To be honestly I follow the way Jesus teach me to honor my father and my mother, to not Judge others if I’m not perfect myself, to love you my neighbors and a whole lot more. And why am I doing this? NO, my goal in life isn’t to go to heaven, because I just want to be a better person, but I know and I know some day that I’ve doing this because it’s the right thing to do because Jesus died for me not just died but suffer for me on the cross. I haven’t truly believe it yet and I’m still struggling as you’ve reed earlier, but rest a-sure, my faith isn’t blind, because I’ve seen with my own eyes how prayers from my hardcore Christian friends miraculously heal a deaf man.

And if you’re choosing why Between Christianity and Islam? I mean, seriously there’s are heaps of other religion in their that’s really logical to they eyes.

Oh and here’s a guild to choosing your own religion by budda himself I think/

In the Buddha's time, He once came across the village of Kalamas. The Kalamas were among the smartest and most intellectual people in India. Together they went to ask the Buddha, "How do we know what you teach is true? All the other spiritual teachers (there were more than 60 religious beliefs in that time) who came by claim that only what they along teach is true, that what others teach are untrue.

To that, the Buddha smiled gently and replied.

"
1. Do not simply believe what you hear just b'cos you have heard it for a long time.

2. Do not follow tradition blindly merely b'cos it has been practised in that way for many generations.

3. Do not be quick to listen to rumours.

4. Do not confirm anything just b'cos it agrees with your scriptures.

5. Do not foolishly make assumptions.

6. Do not abruptly draw conclusions by what you see and hear

7. Do not be fooled by outward appearances.

8. Do not hold on tightly to any view or idea just b'cso you are comfortable with it.

9. Do not accept as fact anything that you yourself find to be logical.

10. Do not be convinced of anything out of respect and reference to your spiritual teachers.

You should go beyond opinion and belief. You can rightly reject anything which when accepted, practised and perfected, leads to more anger (Aversion), more greed (Craving) and more delusion (Ignorance). The knowledge that you are angry, greedy or deluded does not depend on either belief or opinion. Remember that anger, greed and delusion are things universally condemned. They are not beneficial and are to be avoided.

Conversely, you can accept anything which when accepted and practised leads to unconditional Love, Contentment and Wisdom. These things allow you time and space to develop a happy and peaceful Mind. Therefore, the wise praise unconditional Love, Contentment and Wisdom.

This should be your criteria on what is and when is not the Truth; on what should be and what should not be the spiritual practice."

Hearing that, the Kalamas were pleased, and with an open heart and mind, having embraced the spirit of free enquiry, listened to, questioned, and wholeheartedly accepted the teachings of the Buddha.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
luc there is more to it than just faith. god expects obedience and love for your fellow human beings. remember repent means to be truly sorrowful for and turn away from, not just i am sorry and do it again and again. please my brother dont get confused stick around and get in some good discussions. pm me if you like.

Upvote 0

luc

Aug 21, 2004
✟7,904.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Rocky582 said:
Excuses me Luc, but are you Vietnamese? Welcome to the Forum BTW.

First and first and for most I don't think that you've study the bible enough, because I've seen you asked some questions that even newly Christian like I would know how to answer. I won't lie, because I haven't fully accepted Christianity yet, and I'm always struggling with my faith. The day I accept Christianity fully is the day when God will come and open my eyes, when god give me the gift of faith and really show me that he is the only way. How ever until then, I still study the bible and Christianity to the full extend and I've only done so for about 3 months or so.

Firstly you got to understand one thing. There's only 1 real god, if you look at it either Christian or Islam perspective and the other is in fact a temptation by the devil to lead you away from god.

So the concert of Christianity doesn't please you? Of how even wickle people will be saved? That's not the case because as you know when someone truly accepted god, he will become a better person and will try not to sin because he knows it will hurt Christ. When you accept god and when you're save is not when you declare and promise with your mouth, it's when you declare it with your heart and maintain and flawless heart for god. If someone declare they've became a Christian, yet they continue to sin and do bad stuff, then surely they haven't accepted or believe in Christ with all their heart. Take for example. If you know that by breaking the law, your parents will have to suffer the consequences and pay a large fine to bail you out of Jail, then will you still break the law? Of course not! When you love you parents so much because they provide you with unconditional love, then you will certainly not do anything to hurt them.

Further more, the bible clearly stated that faith without work is dead, but the ultimate thing that save us is faith. I don't know where you get the Faith with no work concept.

And if you're struggling like this, please just become Agnostics and find your own path. Don't choose what seem logical in your eyes. Don't choose what you feel is right. For all you know there's only 1 correct way to go. And do remember that our feelings, emotions, and sight usually lied to us. Take the sun for example; human in the old days believe that the sun revolve around the earth simple because they see how the sun sets and rise, how ever after thousands of years they finally know that it's the earth which is revolving around the sun. And the only way you or anyone else can become a true Christian is when he seeks you, simple from reading the bible or Reading the Koran, it will only give you mind knowledge, but what you need is heart knowledge a knowledge that you know for sure what is truth and what is not.

And what ever happen in the after life is not what’s said by man but by God. Just because Islam has an afterlife that is in favor to you, it doesn’t mean it will actually happen.

And I ask you one question. Are you the type of guy who live life in hoping you’ve get something in the after life? Hoping you’ll get a great reward in the after life? To be honestly I follow the way Jesus teach me to honor my father and my mother, to not Judge others if I’m not perfect myself, to love you my neighbors and a whole lot more. And why am I doing this? NO, my goal in life isn’t to go to heaven, because I just want to be a better person, but I know and I know some day that I’ve doing this because it’s the right thing to do because Jesus died for me not just died but suffer for me on the cross. I haven’t truly believe it yet and I’m still struggling as you’ve reed earlier, but rest a-sure, my faith isn’t blind, because I’ve seen with my own eyes how prayers from my hardcore Christian friends miraculously heal a deaf man.

And if you’re choosing why Between Christianity and Islam? I mean, seriously there’s are heaps of other religion in their that’s really logical to they eyes.

Oh and here’s a guild to choosing your own religion by budda himself I think/

In the Buddha's time, He once came across the village of Kalamas. The Kalamas were among the smartest and most intellectual people in India. Together they went to ask the Buddha, "How do we know what you teach is true? All the other spiritual teachers (there were more than 60 religious beliefs in that time) who came by claim that only what they along teach is true, that what others teach are untrue.

To that, the Buddha smiled gently and replied.

"
1. Do not simply believe what you hear just b'cos you have heard it for a long time.

2. Do not follow tradition blindly merely b'cos it has been practised in that way for many generations.

3. Do not be quick to listen to rumours.

4. Do not confirm anything just b'cos it agrees with your scriptures.

5. Do not foolishly make assumptions.

6. Do not abruptly draw conclusions by what you see and hear

7. Do not be fooled by outward appearances.

8. Do not hold on tightly to any view or idea just b'cso you are comfortable with it.

9. Do not accept as fact anything that you yourself find to be logical.

10. Do not be convinced of anything out of respect and reference to your spiritual teachers.

You should go beyond opinion and belief. You can rightly reject anything which when accepted, practised and perfected, leads to more anger (Aversion), more greed (Craving) and more delusion (Ignorance). The knowledge that you are angry, greedy or deluded does not depend on either belief or opinion. Remember that anger, greed and delusion are things universally condemned. They are not beneficial and are to be avoided.

Conversely, you can accept anything which when accepted and practised leads to unconditional Love, Contentment and Wisdom. These things allow you time and space to develop a happy and peaceful Mind. Therefore, the wise praise unconditional Love, Contentment and Wisdom.

This should be your criteria on what is and when is not the Truth; on what should be and what should not be the spiritual practice."

Hearing that, the Kalamas were pleased, and with an open heart and mind, having embraced the spirit of free enquiry, listened to, questioned, and wholeheartedly accepted the teachings of the Buddha.

i get the faith without works from the church and their "scholars"

believe me, im well studied in the bible. im less interested in the answers and more so the logic used to get to them

currently im studying Hadiths and the Jefferson Bible to determine if Mohammed or Jesus is a superior "prophet"

if i find jesus to be the wiser man than my chances for claiming Islam are slim.......... currently Mohammed is running laps around Jesus in my opinion

Upvote 0

xSpideRx

Feb 19, 2005
✟990.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
luc, can you ask specific questions. I see you want logic about the Bible, but you need to realise that you have to trust God's Word. If you can't have faith that the Bible is logical, then you can't believe God Himself. Faith means that you believe in something that you can't see. You have studied the Bible, you said, so what do you want to know? What confuses you?

Upvote 0

luc

Aug 21, 2004
✟7,904.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
xSpideRx said:
luc, can you ask specific questions. I see you want logic about the Bible, but you need to realise that you have to trust God's Word. If you can't have faith that the Bible is logical, then you can't believe God Himself. Faith means that you believe in something that you can't see. You have studied the Bible, you said, so what do you want to know? What confuses you?

its a matter of choosing between the Bible and the Koran

the Koran just seems more right....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xSpideRx

Feb 19, 2005
✟990.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
luc said:
its a matter of choosing between the Bible and the Koran

the Koran just seems more right....

I can't help then. You say you believe the Koran. Ok, but what makes you believe it? You say that the Bible has no logic. You say that you have studied it. You say that you don't believe anything that it says. You say that the Koran seems right. I mean you can say that about anything. What are you basing this on? You need to state what the problem is. If you believe the Koran is correct, then you should be able to tell why. If you believe the Bible is wrong then state facts.

Upvote 0