Gal328

Mar 10, 2006
NY
✟676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the spiritual warfare forum. Modifiers please move this to that section.

Here's my question to that topic.

Do you guys believe in spiritual warfare?

I've heard people say that Paul was writing in code, and the whole thing pertaining to the evil forces, had something to do with Nero.

I would appreciate your response.

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the spiritual warfare forum. Modifiers please move this to that section.

Here's my question to that topic.

Do you guys believe in spiritual warfare?

I've heard people say that Paul was writing in code, and the whole thing pertaining to the evil forces, had something to do with Nero.

I would appreciate your response.
There's probably not a numeric or encoded message in the text, no.

However, what we're learning about the way ancient texts communicate, that has opened a whole new range of study of the New Testament: the text-blocking techniques (e.g., paragraphs, sections, introductions, epilogues) of ancient Greek composition, that stuff is formatted into the New Testament in textual elements. It's under study right now.

Upvote 0

AndOne

Deliver me oh Lord, from evil men
Apr 20, 2002
Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. - Ephesians 6:12

Seems pretty clear that Paul had legitimate spiritual warfare in mind. If it was coded jargon this verse would not be in the text. Scripture does not lie or deceive. So whoever is making such an assertion either doesn't believe in the unfalibility of scripture or is not very knowledgable.

Upvote 0

Van

Contributor
Oct 28, 2004
California
✟9,814.00
Faith
Christian
All this code stuff is simply an invention of men for the purpose of adding to scripture what it does not say, and nullifying what it does say. God inspired His word, He chose how to present His intended message and we should accept that it means what it says, rather than the opposite of what it says. To be chosen means to be chosen, to make a choice means to choose between alternatives, both being possible outcomes.

Satan and his fallen angels contrive to appeal to our corrupt flesh and lead us astray. If we take the low risk path, rather than boldly proclaim Christ, we have not stood firm.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.