Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, this is long.

First, I know that "trigger warning" gets thrown around a lot on the internet, but I don't use the term loosely. Some of my post is going to cover the topic of child abuse, and while I'm not going to go into details, I'm not going to sugar coat it, either, so please protect yourself and move on if this is a triggering topic for you. It's a triggering topic for me, as well, so on that note, please be kind. I'm putting myself and the worst of my sins out here, and I would be lying if I said it doesn't make me pretty nervous.

Second, the question weighing on my mind is a potentially controversial topic, so I request that people please be respectful to each other and not flame each other if you disagree, but please just let me know your perceptions based on understanding of scripture.

Third, I have asked my new pastor about this in an email, though I did not go into detail at all, I just asked him how the Bible defines marriage, basically, but I also asked him for some clarity on a long list of other scripture things (he had offered this help), and chances are that he is a very busy person, given that he is a pastor, and I also mentioned that I understand that and that it's okay if I don't hear from him for several weeks, since it's not an emergency. So I might not hear from him on this or other matters for several weeks, but this particular issue is weighing on me heavily, anyway.

So all of that said,

Straight to the point I was sexually abused as a very young child, to the point that it left me with scarring and also gave me physiological disorders. I actually don't even remember any of it, but only found out when I was an older teenager and thought I was a virgin, and had my first exam, and that is when the scarring was found, I had incoherent flashback problems, and wound up diagnosed with severe vaginismus and PTSD later on.

Now making matters even worse, is that throughout my late teens through my mid-twenties, I had all sorts of psychological issues, let alone the spiritual issues. Substance abuse, self-harm and so on. But also I had issues with men. I had a relationship that lasted a year, and we never had sex (I was unable due to the vaginismus). I had another relationship that lasted 3 years, and we had sex once, but we were never able to again, on account of my problems with the disorder and also he was never able to be affectionate or patient enough to make it work. I still very much so loved this man and thought we would marry someday, but understandably he got frustrated with me, became even colder and distant and eventually he got together with my coworker, and that was the end of that. I stayed single for years after that, but then while I was homeless for a short while, I basically allowed a man to have sex with me in exchange for his help with surviving on the streets. It felt like rape but if I'm honest with myself and anyone else, I could have stabbed him and run away, but I didn't, because I didn't want to die alone on the streets. I spiraled even more after that, and did sexual things with two other men while I was a complete wreck and just very lonely and wanting to be able to experience sex as enjoyable instead of as a painful or desperate thing. That was a couple of years ago.

So then only months ago, I received a calling by the Holy Spirit and am becoming a disciple of Christ. I am to be baptized soon at a church I have joined, and it has and continues to be a truly amazing and wonderful thing for me to dedicate my life to Christ and to actually feel the Holy Spirit, like there is faith, and then there is also experiencing it, so both together.

But one of the many topics I was reading about in the Bible, was the topic of marriage. So first it seems that many perceive that the Bible defines marriage as sex, due to the becoming one flesh part, which if I'm completely honest makes me about throw up thinking that I was Biblically married to a very sick person when I was a little kid and then can't even remember it.

Then there is all this history of fornication in my late teens to mid-twenties where I was basically going around like a tripped out Borderline Personality Disorder woman and doing all manner of self-destructive and sinful things.

So in God's eyes, have I basically been "married" multiple times, and have committed adultery (in addition to fornication) multiple times?

The reason I need to know is because now that I have been called by the Holy Spirit and am about be baptized and dedicate my life to being a disciple of Christ, the situation is different somewhat in regards to sin. Like now sinning would be even worse if I am doing it willfully and disobeying Jesus/God despite having been called by the Holy Spirit. So now it seems there is a bigger responsibility than ever before to make sure I know what is sin and what is not, and to make sure I am not willfully sinning or being willfully ignorant about sin.

So that is why this is important. Because the Bible does say pretty explicitly in several areas, including Jesus' words, Himself, that God/Jesus are extremely against divorce, and that if you get divorced and then marry someone else, that is adultery.

So does that make sense? My concern, I mean. If I have been married in God's eyes, then it would mean I should stay single for the rest of my life, because otherwise I would be knowingly committing adultery, which would be to knowingly commit a huge sin while being a disciple of Christ, and so obviously I shouldn't let that happen.

I do believe in Jesus' words that I will be forgiven for all of these past sins, but again that doesn't mean that I should just keep willfully sinning going forward.

Now even if it were okay for me to legally marry, I don't think I should be with someone who has been a Christian their whole life, they deserve better and I'm kind of a train wreck that was patched back together to be healthy and healed only in recent years. But what should happen if say I am gaining fellowship with other Christians over the future years, and I meet a Christian man who has the same sort of past as me, as far as having a bunch of sinful blunders, including fornication, but now we are both saved Christians, even if we were late bloomers, and say we developed feelings for each other. Would we need to both just ignore it and stay single? Lest we would both be committing adultery?

Is it at least true that I haven't been "married" in God's eyes since I was a kid, and that only the sins I committed as an adult would count? So that in God's eyes I was married to the guy I was with for a few years? (Not that I intend to track this guy down to proclaim us married or anything, he is long gone and might even be legally married now, I don't know, but just as far as my own understanding of where I'm at in God's eyes.)

Please give it to me straight, your perceptions of scripture, (but please don't flame each other). I am okay with the outcome regardless. I just want to do what God wants me to do, and so it's going to be very confusing if I meet a Christian man in the future and it seems like God is bringing us together, if I don't first know God's stance on whether I should remain single or not. Knowing God's stance first will help me in the future to discern the difference between God's plans for me, and just plain old temptation.

Thanks to anyone who read through all of that and has any insight to offer.

Reactions: paul1149

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In God's eyes, your life before you were saved is irrelevant. What you did before does not matter or count for anything. It will weigh you down to think otherwise, but if you're a Christian, 'born again' means a new start. Repentance means walking away from your old life as if it counts for nothing, because now it does.

Marriage is not just sex. Sex is meant to be unique to marriage, but marriage is far more than a physical union. The Bible talks about men loving their wives like their own bodies, as well as women respecting the husband and following where he leads.

At this point, I'd suggest that you have had a horrific life, gone through terrible things, and you need to give those scars time to heal. You are not required to decide if you're going to get married one day, so don't worry about it. Focus on your new life, and your new way of living, and if you meet someone, then follow that path. Until then, don't worry about it.

The only stance in the Bible on 'staying single' is that Paul said he thought it was better, but only for people who feel called to stay single. And the Bible says that telling people they must stay single is an unGodly position. God cares about your wounds. He does not care about your past, or anything you did before you were saved.

Thank you very much for your input. I also believe 100% in Jesus' promise to forgive us of our past sins when we are saved, but how do we know that means that those past sins are not relevant going forward? Do you by chance have a quote from scripture on this? I'm definitely not deciding whether or not to be married today, of course, but I'm about to finish my degree at college, make new Christian friends, get involved in my new church and with helping people through ministry (the church I joined actually focuses on working with homeless people, so I can't help but take it as another sign that I meant to work alongside this congregation's effort to spread the Gospel, because I have experience being homeless, myself, so I can't wait to help the homeless with my new congregation, another blessing from God, for sure). In all of this, though, it is likely that I might meet someone. So I just want to know upfront what God wants, so that I have that to stand on, rather than being caught off guard and possibly confused by temptations.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, this is long.

First, I know that "trigger warning" gets thrown around a lot on the internet, but I don't use the term loosely. Some of my post is going to cover the topic of child abuse, and while I'm not going to go into details, I'm not going to sugar coat it, either, so please protect yourself and move on if this is a triggering topic for you. It's a triggering topic for me, as well, so on that note, please be kind. I'm putting myself and the worst of my sins out here, and I would be lying if I said it doesn't make me pretty nervous.

Second, the question weighing on my mind is a potentially controversial topic, so I request that people please be respectful to each other and not flame each other if you disagree, but please just let me know your perceptions based on understanding of scripture.

Third, I have asked my new pastor about this in an email, though I did not go into detail at all, I just asked him how the Bible defines marriage, basically, but I also asked him for some clarity on a long list of other scripture things (he had offered this help), and chances are that he is a very busy person, given that he is a pastor, and I also mentioned that I understand that and that it's okay if I don't hear from him for several weeks, since it's not an emergency. So I might not hear from him on this or other matters for several weeks, but this particular issue is weighing on me heavily, anyway.

So all of that said,

Straight to the point I was sexually abused as a very young child, to the point that it left me with scarring and also gave me physiological disorders. I actually don't even remember any of it, but only found out when I was an older teenager and thought I was a virgin, and had my first exam, and that is when the scarring was found, I had incoherent flashback problems, and wound up diagnosed with severe vaginismus and PTSD later on.

Now making matters even worse, is that throughout my late teens through my mid-twenties, I had all sorts of psychological issues, let alone the spiritual issues. Substance abuse, self-harm and so on. But also I had issues with men. I had a relationship that lasted a year, and we never had sex (I was unable due to the vaginismus). I had another relationship that lasted 3 years, and we had sex once, but we were never able to again, on account of my problems with the disorder and also he was never able to be affectionate or patient enough to make it work. I still very much so loved this man and thought we would marry someday, but understandably he got frustrated with me, became even colder and distant and eventually he got together with my coworker, and that was the end of that. I stayed single for years after that, but then while I was homeless for a short while, I basically allowed a man to have sex with me in exchange for his help with surviving on the streets. It felt like rape but if I'm honest with myself and anyone else, I could have stabbed him and run away, but I didn't, because I didn't want to die alone on the streets. I spiraled even more after that, and did sexual things with two other men while I was a complete wreck and just very lonely and wanting to be able to experience sex as enjoyable instead of as a painful or desperate thing. That was a couple of years ago.

So then only months ago, I received a calling by the Holy Spirit and am becoming a disciple of Christ. I am to be baptized soon at a church I have joined, and it has and continues to be a truly amazing and wonderful thing for me to dedicate my life to Christ and to actually feel the Holy Spirit, like there is faith, and then there is also experiencing it, so both together.

But one of the many topics I was reading about in the Bible, was the topic of marriage. So first it seems that many perceive that the Bible defines marriage as sex, due to the becoming one flesh part, which if I'm completely honest makes me about throw up thinking that I was Biblically married to a very sick person when I was a little kid and then can't even remember it.

Then there is all this history of fornication in my late teens to mid-twenties where I was basically going around like a tripped out Borderline Personality Disorder woman and doing all manner of self-destructive and sinful things.

So in God's eyes, have I basically been "married" multiple times, and have committed adultery (in addition to fornication) multiple times?

The reason I need to know is because now that I have been called by the Holy Spirit and am about be baptized and dedicate my life to being a disciple of Christ, the situation is different somewhat in regards to sin. Like now sinning would be even worse if I am doing it willfully and disobeying Jesus/God despite having been called by the Holy Spirit. So now it seems there is a bigger responsibility than ever before to make sure I know what is sin and what is not, and to make sure I am not willfully sinning or being willfully ignorant about sin.

So that is why this is important. Because the Bible does say pretty explicitly in several areas, including Jesus' words, Himself, that God/Jesus are extremely against divorce, and that if you get divorced and then marry someone else, that is adultery.

So does that make sense? My concern, I mean. If I have been married in God's eyes, then it would mean I should stay single for the rest of my life, because otherwise I would be knowingly committing adultery, which would be to knowingly commit a huge sin while being a disciple of Christ, and so obviously I shouldn't let that happen.

I do believe in Jesus' words that I will be forgiven for all of these past sins, but again that doesn't mean that I should just keep willfully sinning going forward.

Now even if it were okay for me to legally marry, I don't think I should be with someone who has been a Christian their whole life, they deserve better and I'm kind of a train wreck that was patched back together to be healthy and healed only in recent years. But what should happen if say I am gaining fellowship with other Christians over the future years, and I meet a Christian man who has the same sort of past as me, as far as having a bunch of sinful blunders, including fornication, but now we are both saved Christians, even if we were late bloomers, and say we developed feelings for each other. Would we need to both just ignore it and stay single? Lest we would both be committing adultery?

Is it at least true that I haven't been "married" in God's eyes since I was a kid, and that only the sins I committed as an adult would count? So that in God's eyes I was married to the guy I was with for a few years? (Not that I intend to track this guy down to proclaim us married or anything, he is long gone and might even be legally married now, I don't know, but just as far as my own understanding of where I'm at in God's eyes.)

Please give it to me straight, your perceptions of scripture, (but please don't flame each other). I am okay with the outcome regardless. I just want to do what God wants me to do, and so it's going to be very confusing if I meet a Christian man in the future and it seems like God is bringing us together, if I don't first know God's stance on whether I should remain single or not. Knowing God's stance first will help me in the future to discern the difference between God's plans for me, and just plain old temptation.

Thanks to anyone who read through all of that and has any insight to offer.

Having had sex with someone does not make you "married" to those people. Holy Matrimony (marriage) is a covenant relationship between a man and a woman that places God in between. It can be a means of greater Communion with God. It is sanctified within Christ's Holy Church, beginning with a Sacred ritual performed in the presence of its members.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Having had sex with someone does not make you "married" to those people. Holy Matrimony (marriage) is a covenant relationship between a man and a woman that places God in between. It can be a means of greater Communion with God. It is sanctified within Christ's Holy Church, beginning with a Sacred ritual performed in the presence of its members.

Thank you also for your input. Do you by any chance have a quote from scripture? The first book assigned to me by my pastor to studt was the book of Mark, and one of the things I took away from reading the book of Mark was how Jesus often tried to warn people about the law of humans vs the commands of God/Jesus. So that is was led to me searching the scriptures to see what God and Jesus had to say about marriage, as opposed to what a church or the government had to say about it. That is where my distress kind of started over this topic, because it seemed like the only common thing was the angle of becoming one flesh. Or am I not understanding that part right?

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because the Bible says so.

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out,

The reason that the Bible says that forbidding marriage is bad, is that we are human, we have a natural desire for companionship. God doesn't want you to be unhappy. If you're happy alone, great. If you desire a partner, why would God not want you to be happy? Entering in to a relationship with someone who loves you and loves God is not a temptation or a trap. It's actually God's default plan for Christian men and women.

Thank you for the scripture reference, I appreciate it very much.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you also for your input. Do you by any chance have a quote from scripture? The first book assigned to me by my pastor to studt was the book of Mark, and one of the things I took away from reading the book of Mark was how Jesus often tried to warn people about the law of humans vs the commands of God/Jesus. So that is was led to me searching the scriptures to see what God and Jesus had to say about marriage, as opposed to what a church or the government had to say about it. That is where my distress kind of started over this topic, because it seemed like the only common thing was the angle of becoming one flesh. Or am I not understanding that part right?
Matrimony causes a man and woman to become "one flesh" because something happens when two people remain a couple for a long time, that can be quite imperceptible. They can become so attuned to and dependent upon one another that it is as if a new entity comes into being: the husband and wife bond, wherein each member of this pair becomes such a part of the other that they provide essential "emotional regulation" for each other. It is as if the two are become truly one -- neurologically speaking. God sees this union differently than most of us see it with our "fleshly and carnal" minds. This is why the Lord Jesus Christ spoke so strongly about the sanctity of marriage. He understood it for what it is, and for the great potential it has in turning people into a new creation in the True image and Likeness of God.

The Bible is full of quotes about marriage. The relationship between God and Israel, Christ and the Church, are very often depicted with metaphorical language and imagery of the husband and wife bond. I'd have to figure out where to begin with Scriptural quotes.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a very good scripture scholar - but I hope you dont mind if I speak from my heart instead - well just a little bit since this is public. I totally get you about the effect of sexual abuse on your life. I actually thought you were impressive coz despite everything in the past you've moved forward - you're educated and found a career that has meaning to your life. I'm not going to comment about marriage - that you can contemplate it says how strong you are and how you've marched forward.

You don't sound angry and you sound kind. You've given me things to think about

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The relationship between God and Israel, Christ and the Church, are very often depicted with metaphorical language and imagery of the husband and wife bond.

That's true, I don't have any specific citations memorized, but I have some vague memories of what you are mentioning.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a very good scripture scholar - but I hope you dont mind if I speak from my heart instead - well just a little bit since this is public. I totally get you about the effect of sexual abuse on your life. I actually thought you were impressive coz despite everything in the past you've moved forward - you're educated and found a career that has meaning to your life. I'm not going to comment about marriage - that you can contemplate it says how strong you are and how you've marched forward.

You don't sound angry and you sound kind. You've given me things to think about

It took several years, so please don't let my post give the wrong impression. I think it is good to be patient and kind with those who are angry and bitter, it is part of the grieving process. I had a lot of secret anger for several years, that could sometimes show when I was bitter and judgemental. So I can at least say that angry and bitter people, are people who are hurting and grieving, and they might heal someday and be able to be loving again, if they are loved first. Probably one of the top reasons (aside from salvation, of course) to spread the Gospel, because Jesus loves everyone unconditionally.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You may not have been married but you still may need to cut soul ties with anyone you've been naked or uncovered with.

In short the steps are
repent, forgive, renounce any unholy covenants you made, get rid of any gifts/letters etc exchanged, then renounce the tie in Jesus name.

If someone in the past promised to marry you, but they didn't and just had sex you have to renounce that and realise it was a lie. Don't hold on to that empty promise and chase after them.

If God wants you to marry He will not send you an unbeliever!!! Hope this helps.

Remember that God loves you and you don't need to feel like you have to vow to stay single forever just to please Him (unless you actually are catholic, it seems...they have another system) instead be thankful for being single cos Lord knows what a hardship marriage can be!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus mentioned the sin of fornication in Matthew 15:19 and Mark 7:21. If sex between unmarried persons automatically married them, then there is no logical room for fornication to exist. I don't think you're married to any of them based on what you shared. Now, he also did affirm that it makes the two one flesh (Matthew 19:4-6) which has its own concerns - but as Paul instructed, it does not imply marriage (1 Corinthians 6:16, 7:2).

So the question isn't really whether or not you can, it's whether or not you should. It's permissible, but is it really a good idea for you right now? That's the question to ask, and the answer to that can change over time. You've been through a lot, and you should concentrate on healing your old wounds and living a good, healthy life. If a single man (see Matthew 19:9) who believes in and follows Jesus takes a liking to you, you are free to give him a chance.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You may not have been married but you still may need to cut soul ties with anyone you've been naked or uncovered with.

In short the steps are
repent, forgive, renounce any unholy covenants you made, get rid of any gifts/letters etc exchanged, then renounce the tie in Jesus name.

If someone in the past promised to marry you, but they didn't and just had sex you have to renounce that and realise it was a lie. Don't hold on to that empty promise and chase after them.

If God wants you to marry He will not send you an unbeliever!!! Hope this helps.

Remember that God loves you and you don't need to feel like you have to vow to stay single forever just to please Him (unless you actually are catholic, it seems...they have another system) instead be thankful for being single cos Lord knows what a hardship marriage can be!

Thank you for your input. I've been alive for nearly 3 decades and have so much to repent for, I'm hoping that if I specify the big ones I remember, that when I am baptized, God will understand that I want to repent for everything, though the list is probably so long that I've probably forgotten more than half of it.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus mentioned the sin of fornication in Matthew 15:19 and Mark 7:21. If sex between unmarried persons automatically married them, then there is no logical room for fornication to exist. I don't think you're married to any of them based on what you shared. Now, he also did affirm that it makes the two one flesh (Matthew 19:4-6) which has its own concerns - but as Paul instructed, it does not imply marriage (1 Corinthians 6:16, 7:2).

So the question isn't really whether or not you can, it's whether or not you should. It's permissible, but is it really a good idea for you right now? That's the question to ask, and the answer to that can change over time. You've been through a lot, and you should concentrate on healing your old wounds and living a good, healthy life. If a single man (see Matthew 19:9) who believes in and follows Jesus takes a liking to you, you are free to give him a chance.

Thank you for the scripture references. I have no intention of being married any time soon, I've only become well of mind over the past couple of years, and I still need to finish my degree, and plus my walk with Christ has only just begun. Lots of other things to be focusing on right now in my life. I just know that when I love, be it romantically or in friendship, I tend to love strongly and easily. It is like both a blessing and big flaw, at the same time. So I just wanted to get this hammered out before feelings come into play, if that makes sense?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It took several years, so please don't let my post give the wrong impression. I think it is good to be patient and kind with those who are angry and bitter, it is part of the grieving process. I had a lot of secret anger for several years, that could sometimes show when I was bitter and judgemental. So I can at least say that angry and bitter people, are people who are hurting and grieving, and they might heal someday and be able to be loving again, if they are loved first. Probably one of the top reasons (aside from salvation, of course) to spread the Gospel, because Jesus loves everyone unconditionally.
I have 4112 blessings. You can have them all :)

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have 4112 blessings. You can have them all :)

Thank you. If anyone is in the mood for giving, then I highly encourage donating a package of warm socks to a homeless shelter. It is a small but significant thing for the homeless to receive new, clean, warm socks, in all seriousness. They also often like cigarettes, but socks are probably a better choice. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Cozy toes are the best.
They are like wheat bags you can pop in the microwave you wear on your feet when you go to bed or on the sofa. :)

But clean warm socks are good too. Can never have enough.

As further to OP, remember what happened with the woman at the well. The one with five husbands...and living with yet another who was not. She ran and told everyone she had met Jesus.

I dont think it entered her head once she had tasted this living water, to look for anyone else. She had found Him. So tell everyone about Him! He's the ONE.

luke 7:19

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. If anyone is in the mood for giving, then I highly encourage donating a package of warm socks to a homeless shelter. It is a small but significant thing for the homeless to receive new, clean, warm socks, in all seriousness. They also often like cigarettes, but socks are probably a better choice. :p
lol yea I guess blessings here wont do much for the homeless - but I do help out in the womens refuge.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lol yea I guess blessings here wont do much for the homeless - but I do help out in the womens refuge.

That's great! I've never volunteered for that need before, but I have heard from some who have that said it takes a ton of strength to do so. I've heard it is a very emotionally challenging and exhausting cause to take up. It is good to see that the Lord calls upon different people for all the different needs out there. I personally would probably be too triggered and drained volunteering in a women's shelter, but I have known more than a couple women who have gone to such shelters during times of crisis, so I am glad that people like you exist.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Í dont dare to do anything like discussing things - just helping them into their room and showing them around and doing some cleaning. It wouldnt be good for me to get into the reasons why they are there though I hear lots

Providing a safe place and being a safe person, are the most important things. We can't heal people, but we can give them a chance to heal.

Upvote 0