Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So it's not so much Trump you have a problem with and the Christians who support him, but any Christian who engages in politics and power period.

I cannot abide by such a vision which surrenders all power to our enemies and allows them to do whatever they want. Thank God the early Christians didn't think the way you do either.
Wow. That is soo wrong. The Early Christians were massive victims of the political system. They didn't even come CLOSE to having any type of power until Constantine.

When they had power they took it
That was ONLY because one ruler became Christian. The plebs NEVER had power.....

and the world is better off for them having done so.
You would find many people of colour and indigenous groups may be pretty quick to spit in your face to say such things in all seriousness.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Is it Trumps job to do God's work?I thought Americans despise theocracy, as they would call it.
In a straaaange twist of Biblical hermeneutics, Trump does exactly what Christians certain christians want (stop the gays and stop abortion and that's all), but has no obligation to behave as a christian would OR to lead as a Christian would.

Those two things and 30% of the Republican vote is on absolute lock.

Americans despite theocracy. Christian Nationalists would be VERY happy for it.

Do the democrats foster unity? They foster a fair bit of hatred in their opposition.
I thought this thread is about Trump?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Wow. That is soo wrong. The Early Christians were massive victims of the political system. They didn't even come CLOSE to having any type of power until Constantine.
And where were your apolitical Christians who rejected power? Why did the early Christians so easily transition towards having power and using that power effectively?
That was ONLY because one ruler became Christian. The plebs NEVER had power.....
And this was a good thing.
You would find many people of colour and indigenous groups may be pretty quick to spit in your face to say such things in all seriousness.
Alright and?

Reactions: BroRoyVa79
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In a straaaange twist of Biblical hermeneutics, Trump does exactly what Christians certain christians want (stop the gays and stop abortion and that's all), but has no obligation to behave as a christian would OR to lead as a Christian would.
So you support LGBT and abortion?
Those two things and 30% of the Republican vote is on absolute lock.

Americans despite theocracy. Christian Nationalists would be VERY happy for it.
What?
I thought this thread is about Trump?
It is.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mr Trump doesn't do God's work. God is love. God's love unites us. Donald Trump uses divisions and hatred for personal benefit. He works for the other one who is opposed to God and love. And people who choose to vote for the man misunderstand their bibles it seems.
I have the exact same opinion about Joe Biden and the rest of the leaders of the Democratic Party.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have the exact same opinion about Joe Biden and the rest of the leaders of the Democratic Party.

Then don't vote for them. Your views of democrats cannot make Mr Trump fit for office regardless. I'd like to vote many of them out of office too. We need new members in congress like a jalopy needs a new motor to make it move again.

Reactions: SMTA
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Then don't vote for them. Your views of democrats cannot make Mr Trump fit for office regardless. I'd like to vote many of them out of office too. We need new members in congress like a jalopy needs a new motor to make it move again.
You can't fix a fundamentally broken system by electing new people. It isn't congress or the presidency that controls the apparatus of the American state, but the entrenched beuracracy.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Back in 2016, I preferred Ted Cruz over Trump. However, although I have some issues with Trump's personality, I do support his policies from his first term in office. Also, I do believe that Ron DeSantis would be a very good president.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can't fix a fundamentally broken system by electing new people. It isn't congress or the presidency that controls the apparatus of the American state, but the entrenched beuracracy.

Our system is fine. The people whom we reelect are corrupt. They are entrenched in congress because voters heads are entrenched...in counterproductive tribalism. We can fix our problems with better leadership friend. I've seen it happen.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Our system is fine. The people whom we reelect are corrupt. They are entrenched in congress because voters heads are entrenched...in counterproductive tribalism. We can fix our problems with better leadership friend. I've seen it happen.
Oh to be so naive. The thing is the system, which is why it doesn't matter who gets elected, it follows the same general trajectory. Unless you elect an FDR who will weird power effectively as a single individual things will never change.

Also, what do you propose as a solution to tribalism? The right and religious conservatives just give up?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It isn't congress or the presidency that controls the apparatus of the American state, but the entrenched beuracracy.
I think you'd find some very surprised people if you believe that.

As an earlier reply pointed out; the American state is being effectively bought by corporations and the 1%. They influence the laws getting past and the outcomes for many.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm not permitted to say I do on CF, so no.
Oh so you do support it, against Christian teaching. Alright then. No wonder you disapprove of Christianity having political influence, it goes against your primary set of morals.
It's pretty clear if you know the definition of all those words.
What is your point? I can't decipher a point I what you're saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh to be so naive. The thing is the system, which is why it doesn't matter who gets elected, it follows the same general trajectory. Unless you elect an FDR who will weird power effectively as a single individual things will never change.

Also, what do you propose as a solution to tribalism? The right and religious conservatives just give up?

My suggestion is simple. Dump the heavy Trump burden. Adios, auf wiedersan, ciao, goodbye Donald. Then come back to reality and find some quality leadership in the republican party to begin anew. And if they are truly Christian my suggestion is to read their bibles. My bible clearly illustrates I shouldn't endorse, follow or idolize people who behave like Donald Trump. Clearly, vividly and unquestionably. Weird power describes the behavior of our voting electorate in America lol. We have power but wield it weirdly.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Oh so you do support it, against Christian teaching. Alright then. No wonder you disapprove of Christianity having political influence, it goes against your primary set of morals.
Abortion is not something I obsess with like other christians who are too lazy to do work that requires sacrifice and discomfort.
Abortion is no where NEAR my "primary" set of morals.

What is your point? I can't decipher a point I what you're saying.
What I said was that Americans definitely do not like the idea of a theocracy in the US (as per the Constitution) but Christian Nationalists very much like the idea.

am I incorrect?

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My suggestion is simple. Dump the heavy Trump burden. Adios, auf wiedersan, ciao, goodbye Donald. Then come back to reality and find some quality leadership in the republican party to begin anew. And if they are truly Christian my suggestion is to read their bibles. My bible clearly illustrates I shouldn't endorse, follow or idolize people who behave like Donald Trump. Clearly, vividly and unquestionably. Weird power describes the behavior of our voting electorate in America lol. We have power but wield it weirdly.
I think it interesting that you think you know my position on Trump. It's no wonder this conversation is hard. Do you think I think Trump will save America? Instead of merely being the best pragmatic option for people on the right in the USA? Do you think I would like the direction Trump would take America as a reactionary dissident monarchist?

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it interesting that you think you know my position on Trump. It's no wonder this conversation is hard. Do you think I think Trump will save America? Instead of merely being the best pragmatic option for people on the right in the USA? Do you think I would like the direction Trump would take America as a reactionary dissident monarchist?

You asked me if I thought conservatives should just give up. I offered my reply to the question. I don't care about your opinion on where Mr Trump would take our country. Difficult conversation problem solved. Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Abortion is not something I obsess with like other christians who are too lazy to do work that requires sacrifice and discomfort.
Abortion is no where NEAR my "primary" set of morals.
Well no. It's a core aspect of your primary value system. Said system Trumps any Christian morality you may adhere to.
What I said was that Americans definitely do not like the idea of a theocracy in the US (as per the Constitution) but Christian Nationalists very much like the idea.
Have you actually read any Christian Nationalist literature or listen to them explain themselves? Do you know what a theocracy is?
am I incorrect?
Yeah.

Upvote 0