Trump authorizes declassification of all Russia collusion, Hillary Clinton email probe documents

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But this information was supposedly available back in 2016. Why wait until 2019 to begin investigating?

Or better yet, why doesn't trump just throw them all in prison and figure it out latter? Side benefit, if Biden is in prison, trump can't lose the presidential election.
They did investigate. Remember? James Comey did an investigation that lasted a few weeks before she was acquitted. It is just now as evidence is revealing the corruption in Comey's FBI and showing that Hillary's email scandal was swept under the rug by a complicit FBI leadership.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
They did investigate. Remember? James Comey did an investigation that lasted a few weeks before she was acquitted. It is just now as evidence is revealing the corruption in Comey's FBI and showing that Hillary's email scandal was swept under the rug by a complicit FBI leadership.
Exactly. And trump could have ordered the FBI to start another investigation at that time. He fired Comey shortly after this all went down and he could have just ordered whoever was left at the FBI to start another investigation.

Don't forget, the FBI as part of the DOJ is part of Executive Branch of government. The FBI works for trump and he can tell them to do whatever he wants and they have to listen. trump could have had all of these people in jail by now and he wouldn't have had to worry about who he faced as a presidential election opponent.

So again, was it sloth or incompetence?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. And trump could have ordered the FBI to start another investigation at that time. He fired Comey shortly after this all went down and he could have just ordered whoever was left at the FBI to start another investigation.

Don't forget, the FBI as part of the DOJ is part of Executive Branch of government. The FBI works for trump and he can tell them to do whatever he wants and they have to listen. trump could have had all of these people in jail by now and he wouldn't have had to worry about who he faced as a presidential election opponent.

So again, was it sloth or incompetence?
Yes, Trump could have done another investigation. But he did not have justification until the evidence of corruption was exposed from the Durham investigation. So was it sloth or incompetence? I would argue neither. It was a deliberate process of gathering the evidence and getting their ducks in a row to make the case as strong as possible.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Trump could have done another investigation. But he did not have justification until the evidence of corruption was exposed from the Durham investigation. So was it sloth or incompetence? I would argue neither. It was a deliberate process of gathering the evidence and getting their ducks in a row to make the case as strong as possible.
I don't understand this.

Why would trump need justification? He could have told the DOJ to tell the FBI to investigate. The justification was that this information about a crime was ALREADY supposedly known back in 2016. And then you wait 3 years?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand this.

Why would trump need justification?
Because, unlike democrats, Trump actually respects due process of the law. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Read the OP article. There was documentation that proved Hillary made up Russian collusion with a fake dossier to take the heat off of her for her personal server and highest levels of the Obama administration knew about it before all the witch hunts.

That's not what the document says at all. It's a memo from Russian intelligence that alleges it. Nothing has been "proven".

The smoking gun is a water pistol.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Because, unlike democrats, Trump actually respects due process of the law.

"Lock her up! Lock her up!"

Or, more recently, calls for Biden to be locked up.

"Trump actually respects due process of the law". You crack me up!

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Lock her up! Lock her up!"

Or, more recently, calls for Biden to be locked up.

"Trump actually respects due process of the law". You crack me up!
I added a smiley to the post. I am glad you caught the sarcastic humor.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0