Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
We come from the stars, not apes on earth. (Well, the apes played some role, but we are mostly the product of both angelic and demonic genetic manipulation for not millions, not billions, but trillions of years.)

So at some level I feel that I fundamentally agree with Creationists. But obviously not with YEC's. My form of Creationism involves human history of trillions of years.

I'll probably get no reply to this post because it is too contradictory to "yom" based Creationism. But I believe that I am the only true Creationist here.

I really do believe that God is everything, and that the material world is just a tiny fraction of the true universe, that includes a spiritual realm that is separate from the physical reality. The rest of you Creationists profess a universe that is a deception. My universe is one that is even older than anything scientists today would solidly agree on, even though they know their theories lead to the inevitable conclusion that the INFLATION period of the Big Bang requires that Bag Bangs have happened many times in the past and are still going on.

F

frogman2x

We come from the stars, not apes on earth. (Well, the apes played some role, but we are mostly the product of both angelic and demonic genetic manipulation for not millions, not billions, but trillions of years.)

Well you are half right, we did not evolve from apes. Where is your evidence that we ae the product of angelic and demonic genetic manipulation? Where is your evidence that the universe is trillions of years old?

I'll probably get no reply to this post because it is too contradictory to "yom" based Creationism. But I believe that I am the only true Creationist here.

One can still be a true creationists without accepting what you believe. If one believe Gen 1:1, they are a crationist.

I really do believe that God is everything,

Glad to hear that. In our brief disussions I thought were at best an agnostic.

and that the material world is just a tiny fraction of the true universe, that includes a spiritual realm that is separate from the physical reality.

That may be true but there is no way to know he extent of the universe but certainly it includes a spiriitual realm.

The rest of you Creationists profess a universe that is a deception. My universe is one that is even older than anything scientists today would solidly agree on, even though they know their theories lead to the inevitable conclusion that the INFLATION period of the Big Bang requires that Bag Bangs have happened many times in the past and are still going on.

How do I believe in a the universe is a deception?

You have no scienific evidence that there ever was a BB, let alone many of them. God may have created the inflation period also.

kermit

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Traditional Apostolic Methodist
Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Well you are half right, we did not evolve from apes. Where is your evidence that we are the product of angelic and demonic genetic manipulation? Where is your evidence that the universe is trillions of years old?
I mentioned Inflation, it dictates that the universe is much older than it appears, not much younger. And I have personal spiritual knowledge that I would never disclose to someone like you, so it is my opinion, that is all I can really say.
As to genetic manipulation or cross breeding, who are the Nephilim and where did they come from?
One can still be a true creationists without accepting what you believe. If one believe Gen 1:1, they are a crationist.
You are actually antiCreation, you have no respect for all the hard work God put into creation, and you ignore all of the vast number of signposts He left behind. Instead you think all these markers left by God should be ignored in favor of your intellectual speculations resulting from rigidly misinterpreting a single word in Genesis.
Glad to hear that. In our brief disussions I thought were at best an agnostic.
You are the stereotype of religious bigotry, assuming that anyone that disagrees with you must be unGodly. In fact I am an orthodox Christian, while you are a heterodoxical Chrsitan (read theologically liberal). In theological terms orthodox is conservative and heterodox is liberal. And I am firmly on the orthdox side while you are firmly on the heterodoxical side. So I'm rubber, your glue, etc...
That may be true but there is no way to know he extent of the universe but certainly it includes a spiriitual realm.
We actually agree on something!! Thank you oh Lord for this brief moment of meeting of minds and genuine listening in a Christian spirit, and may it expand to become something more tangible.

How do I believe in a the universe is a deception?
You claim that all the evidence that God left behind is a lie. It is not the scientists who only found the evidence He left behind that are to blame, it is God Himself that is to blame. And it is God that you are calling a liar. If your god were not deceptive he would have left behind some evidence, markers to indicate when he did what he did. My God left behind a HUGE record of when He did what He did.
You have no scientific evidence that there ever was a BB, let alone many of them. God may have created the inflation period also.
That is right, the primary evidence for the BB is common sense rather than science. If something explodes you can kind of assume that it started out as something more compact. Science really has nothing to do with this, common sense will do just fine to prove the BB.

Upvote 0
F

frogman2x

I mentioned Inflation, it dictates that the universe is much older than it appears, not much younger.

That is a typical evo answer. You just throw something out and offer no evidence. How does inlain dicdtaea much older universe?

Let me try that: inflation dictates a much younger universe than it appers.

And I have personal spiritual knowledge that I would never disclose to someone like you, so it is my opinion, that is all I can really say.

I am a child of God and I think god would lwant you to share anything He has told you with others. What do you mean "someone like me?' That sounds rather insulting.

As to genetic manipulation or cross breeding, who are the Nephilim and where did they come from?

If you took tgime to stgudy teh word, you would discov e they were hero; great leaders, and great warriors. The came from the same place y oou did---from their mommy and daddy.

You are actually antiCreation, you have no respect for all the hard work God put into creation, and you ignore all of the vast number of signposts He left behind. Instead you think all these markers left by God should be ignored in favor of your intellectual speculations resulting from rigidly misinterpreting a single word in Genesis.

It is really nice to have someone in the forum with perfect underestanding of Genesis. YOur comment is insulting, self serving and judgmental. I do not have intellectual speculations. That is all you have. Now you have accused me of rigdily misinterpreting a word in Genesis. Tell me what it is and why I am wrong.

You are the stereotype of religious bigotry, assuming that anyone that disagrees with you must be unGodly.

So when you can't prove what you say, you have to resort to insults. Do you think God is pleased with you insulting one of His children.

In fact I am an orthodox Christian, while you are a heterodoxical Chrsitan (read theologically liberal). In theological terms orthodox is conservative and heterodox is liberal. And I am firmly on the orthdox side while you are firmly on the heterodoxical side. So I'm rubber, your glue, etc...

You are full of yourself and pride is th sin of sin. You are hardly orthodox, and I blong to one of the most conservative denominations in christiansiyt.

Howev er I am not going to put up with y ur insults. If you can't discuss our difference in a civil manner ans God woul have us o do, don't bother to post to me any more.

Have a nice day.

We actually agree on something!! Thank you oh Lord for this brief moment of meeting of minds and genuine listening in a Christian spirit, and may it expand to become something more tangible.

You claim that all the evidence that God left behind is a lie. It is not the scientists who only found the evidence He left behind that are to blame, it is God Himself that is to blame. And it is God that you are calling a liar. If your god were not deceptive he would have left behind some evidence, markers to indicate when he did what he did. My God left behind a HUGE record of when He did what He did.
That is right, the primary evidence for the BB is common sense rather than science. If something explodes you can kind of assume that it started out as something more compact. Science really has nothing to do with this, common sense will do just fine to prove the BB.

IGNORED.

KERMIT

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I am a child of God and I think god would lwant you to share anything He has told you with others. What do you mean "someone like me?' That sounds rather insulting.
I mean someone who is a religious bigot who thinks that anyone that doesn't agree with them is not a Christian. I mean someone who takes everything personally and can't step outside themselves and put themselves in someone else's shoes for a moment to see how they ACTUALLY think.

Besides, if you put me on ignore why are you asking for an explanation of my spiritual experiences? :D

This was not going anywhere because you will never change until you meet your Maker. Only then will you learn from Him how you have been insulting Him and His creation.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
BTW, I think it is very telling that frogman was endlessly willing to debate me while he thought I was a non-Christian, but as soon as he discovered I am very much a Christian he is suddenly all offended and wont debate me anymore. I think the only thing that really changed was that he realized I didn't fall into his neatly laid out label of Godless scientists. That seemed to freak him out.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

So at some level I feel that I fundamentally agree with Creationists. But obviously not with YEC's. My form of Creationism involves human history of trillions of years.

I really do believe that God is everything, and that the material world is just a tiny fraction of the true universe, that includes a spiritual realm that is separate from the physical reality. The rest of you Creationists profess a universe that is a deception. My universe is one that is even older than anything scientists today would solidly agree on, even though they know their theories lead to the inevitable conclusion that the INFLATION period of the Big Bang requires that Bag Bangs have happened many times in the past and are still going on.

Do you mean what says in the Genesis is scientifically wrong?

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No, because the Bible was never intended as a science textbook. It is about SPIRITUALITY, believe it or not.

Tell me this, would you expect anyone to go looking in science textbooks for spiritual answers? If not then why do you think it should work the other way around?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

We don't KNOW anything about the past for sure.
Scientific-History is just good or bad fiction.
We can't repeat history so the past is not subject
to scientific verification. But we can invent entertaining
stories that may or may not have any basis in reality.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, because the Bible was never intended as a science textbook. It is about SPIRITUALITY, believe it or not.

Tell me this, would you expect anyone to go looking in science textbooks for spiritual answers? If not then why do you think it should work the other way around?

Scientific information can be used to give spiritual message. This does not allow the scientific information to be anything wrong in science. We can not use wrong scientific information to give any correct spiritual lesson.

Any scientific message or implication given in the Bible MUST be correct. Even we do not know how at this time. The comforting news is that we have not "proven" that any of them is scientifically wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums