Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-35981490

Basically they are seeking paedophiles that have not yet abused a child to trial them on chemical castration and see if it would work to stop it ever happening. They'll have a control group and a castrated group.

What do you think?
I don't think a trial to see if they will abuse someone is ethical. I support chemically or actually castrating paedophiles that have abused a child, but I doubt paedophiles come forward in general and would be even less likely to seek help if they knew they were to be chemically castrated.

Is there a better way to keep our children safe from paedophiles? Should we castrate everyone with a tendency to paedophilia? Or just ones that acted on the urge?

Last edited:

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-35981490

Basically they are seeking paedophiles that have not yet abused a child to trial them on chemical castration and see if it would work to stop it ever happening. They'll have a control group and a castrated group.

What do you think?
I don't think a trial to see if they will abuse someone is ethical. I support chemically or actually castrating paedophiles that have abused a child, but I doubt paedophiles come forward in general and would be even less likely to seek help if they knew they were to be chemically castrated.

Is there a better way to keep our children safe from paedophiles? Should we castrate everyone with a tendency to paedophilia? Or just ones that acted on the urge?
Depends. Can we start cutting the hands of robbers off too?

Upvote 0

xpower

Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
✟105,003.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You treat pedophiles the same why you treat everyone else. Pedophilia is a "condition" not an "act", there are a great many Non-offending(I would say the majority)pedophiles who do not break the law. Not all pedophiles are male, there just as many female pedophiles as there are male, females just are far less likely to be prosecuted or reported.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think that anybody could possibly know what the proportion of pedophiles-who-would-like-to-have-their-compulsion-removed vs. pedophiles-who-are-fine-with-it could be. If anybody has any actual data on that, I would honestly love to see it.

This study sounds like it is seeking to find a treatment that would make life infinitely safer and more manageable for the (possibly unknowable) proportion of pedophiles,who-would-like-to-have-their-compulsion-removed.

I think that would be awesome.

Upvote 0