Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
But of course we have to realise if we are honest 99% are XY and become male or female.

Um... I think you mean that 99% (give or take) are XY or XX and become male or female (respectively). That is mostly true, though we don't have super dependable numbers of how many people are some form of intersex, because chromosomes are rarely tested. That doesn't mean that the remaining percent doesn't exist.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And don't forget the emotions. Homosexuals become homosexuals because of an emotional detachment brought about by rejection from their father or a non existent father. Being unable to form a normal and natural bond with the same sex, they do not know how to navigate such and if offered an attachment that makes them feel good they go for it because there is a reparative drive at work trying to undo the harm that has been done. They do not realise at this stage that it will lead to heartache and disappointment because of the abnormal nature of the relationship. All the homosexuals that I have counselled and released from this rejection have gone down the same path so one might say there is a pattern to it. Having run a self support group for homosexuals that did not want to be homosexual one might say I have a bit of knowledge of the subject matter.

I would love to see you link to a source to support that.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Second, I would not suppress a person's gender. I would always operate on the basis of how I have always operated and that means the person expresses a desire to not be how they are; they submit themselves to the word of God which says God created everyone male or female; and we provide them with the deliverance they need, which can be in different forms depending on the circumstances.

You mean if they want it enough, they will do just about anything to make themselves believe that they have been "freed"?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And don't forget the emotions. Homosexuals become homosexuals because of an emotional detachment brought about by rejection from their father or a non existent father. Being unable to form a normal and natural bond with the same sex, they do not know how to navigate such and if offered an attachment that makes them feel good they go for it because there is a reparative drive at work trying to undo the harm that has been done. They do not realise at this stage that it will lead to heartache and disappointment because of the abnormal nature of the relationship. All the homosexuals that I have counselled and released from this rejection have gone down the same path so one might say there is a pattern to it. Having run a self support group for homosexuals that did not want to be homosexual one might say I have a bit of knowledge of the subject matter.
Ugh.

Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You mean if they want it enough, they will do just about anything to make themselves believe that they have been "freed"?

If that is what you want to believe go right ahead. i can cope with sarcasm. I know what I mean and the outcome has always been positive.

Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Um... I think you mean that 99% (give or take) are XY or XX and become male or female (respectively). That is mostly true, though we don't have super dependable numbers of how many people are some form of intersex, because chromosomes are rarely tested. That doesn't mean that the remaining percent doesn't exist.

Sorry that was a typo whilst I was thinking of other things. I don't remember saying they did not exist. In fact i said they did as I said 98% are XY or XX so that means 2% are not. What you might call basic maths.

Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, and you believing they are real doesn't mean they are also responsible. Okay. One case does not establish anything, but thanks for sharing your experience.

One. When you have evidence that they are not responsible do give me the details.

Two. I was not establishing anything. I just pointed out that the first case I dealt with was demon possession. I said that to establish that those who say it is not demon possession are wrong.

Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did say that you would have to accept per capita. It doesn't make much sense to say that things are terrible because the prevalence of a terrible thing is climbing at a slower rate than the population, or even decreasing.

I don't see what freedom there is to gain.

Yes, they do. One counterexample disproves a universal statement.

One. I don't accept your premise because it is a cop out. Sin is rampant when you have 22 million people in slavery and part of that is sex slavery of children. But if you happy with that don't mind me.

Two. I don't expect you to because as a non believer you would not understand the way God works and the love he has for us. From what I have seen, there is much to be freed of as I have walked the streets of St. Kilda during the night, and seen the children selling their bodies to get a fix; drunks sleeping in their own vomit; drug addicts stoned out of their minds; homosexuals threatening suicide and so on.

I have three university degrees and for each one I had to write essays to get them. If in anyone of them I said that I know John who did that so it disproves all the evidence my mark would have been an 'F'. If you think one person's experience counters a body of evidence then you need to go back to cloud cuckoo land.

As I said, if buy a Ford car and it's a lemon and tell every one Ford cars are lemons, I would be lying because it is very obvious that every Ford car is not a lemon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

Other than Tabloid type videos and claimed reports of gays being exorcised by church leaders, no person has so far said it has done anything but produce long term damage to vulnerable individuals.

It is getting harder to believe anyone has ever exorcised a homosexual demon out of a person, as I could not find a single reference, yet again, for anyone being long term exorcised of homosexuality. None.

Does our exorcist have anything, other than his personal claims for effectiveness, because at this point his exorcism seems to be undocumented and unproven, thus to be taken as false until proven otherwise.

LOVE,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I still can find nothing that supports exorcisms. This article says it is abuse.
Well - ANY attempted exorcisms are abusive if the persons involved are not DESPERATE for relief. They have to be willing to honestly REPENT from any and all sinful behaviors - especially those linked to the demonic activity.

The person(s) ministering need to be properly trained and operate in the gift of Discerning of Spirits (1 Cor 12).

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
One. I don't accept your premise because it is a cop out. Sin is rampant when you have 22 million people in slavery and part of that is sex slavery of children. But if you happy with that don't mind me.
Yes, I'm happy with the improvements, and I am grateful to be living in the greatest era in history.
Two. I don't expect you to because as a non believer you would not understand the way God works and the love he has for us.
Funny, I've held this opinion since I was a Christian.
I have three university degrees and for each one I had to write essays to get them. If in anyone of them I said that I know John who did that so it disproves all the evidence my mark would have been an 'F'. If you think one person's experience counters a body of evidence then you need to go back to cloud cuckoo land.
You're not understanding what I'm saying, then. I am not suggesting that one person's opinion proves a fact wrong. I am saying that one true counterexample disproves a statement which contradicts that example. For example, if I say that all swans are white, and a black swan swims by, I am wrong. Furthermore, no matter how many white swans go by, I cannot use this as definitive evidence of my claim. If you say that homosexuality is always (and only) caused by a poor relationship with one's mother or father, but this is not true for all individuals who are homosexual, then you are wrong. It may still be a cause, but there are other causes, as well.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry that was a typo whilst I was thinking of other things. I don't remember saying they did not exist. In fact i said they did as I said 98% are XY or XX so that means 2% are not. What you might call basic maths.

Some estimates of intersex place the occurrence at around 1 in 2,000 or so. For the statement at hand we are discussing, I found this stat:

Not XX and not XY one in 1,666 births

So I'm not sure we can say with any certainty that 98% are XY male or XX female.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
One. When you have evidence that they are not responsible do give me the details.

I have yet to see any reliable evidence of demonic activity. I cannot provide evidence that something does not happen.

Two. I was not establishing anything. I just pointed out that the first case I dealt with was demon possession. I said that to establish that those who say it is not demon possession are wrong.

You provided a story. Without corroborating evidence it is just that: a story.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.