the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hopefully, it will be after I am long gone from this world. There are too many things I want to do with my children before He returns. I have plans to take my daughter fishing, hunting, to hockey games, teach her to play hockey. So many things I want to show her.
:thumbsup:

I don't understand people who are in such a hurry for this event. I wish to see and love my grandchildren, and have all of my children well settled in their lives before I 'shuffle off this mortal coil' - or before Jesus comes on back.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
well your grandchildren will have fun with you and jesus all together. as long as you love jesus and jesus is in your heart.
I know where I am going so don't worry about that.

I don't know if you know there will be no marriage in heaven, so there will be no grandchildren.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
well your grandchildren will have fun with you and jesus all together. as long as you love jesus and jesus is in your heart.

Just as long as that happens well after I die my physical death, I am fine with that.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if you know there will be no marriage in heaven, so there will be no grandchildren.

Which could very well mean that we will not know those who went before us or after us. Our own spouse and children may not be known to us.

It's a prospect that I truly am not looking forward to. If that makes me a bad Christian, so be it.

Upvote 0

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you will know people in heaven everyone that died before you will be up there waiting for you. yes there is no marraige in heaven but you will still know who everyone is and all. in heaven you will be to busy learning about god and all the glory of god that it will all be wonderful and amazing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i also believe when your in heaven you will have a body flesh and bone able to live forever. you wont be a soul floating around i feel you will have a body. our body we have not cant live forever but once in heaven god gives us a body that we are able to be in forever. free of pain and sadness.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
i also believe when your in heaven you will have a body flesh and bone able to live forever. you wont be a soul floating around i feel you will have a body. our body we have not cant live forever but once in heaven god gives us a body that we are able to be in forever. free of pain and sadness.

This I believe, but the jury is still out for me on the seeing our loved ones in heaven.

Even if we did, I still want Jesus to tarry. So many things to do here on Earth with my children.

Upvote 0

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yea i mean you here about people that have died for a few moments and come back to life. they all say that they see people who went to heaven before them and also see jesus and jesus has the holes in his hands from being nailed to the cross. and often god tells them there time is not yet up so they go back to there body and are brought bake to life for a while. and keep on living.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
yea i mean you here about people that have died for a few moments and come back to life. they all say that they see people who went to heaven before them and also see jesus and jesus has the holes in his hands from being nailed to the cross. and often god tells them there time is not yet up so they go back to there body and are brought bake to life for a while. and keep on living.

Sorry, I don't believe that it happens. Call me a skeptic, or what have you, but I do not believe in it.

You are not going to convince me, it's something that I will have to come to terms with on my own. That is how I am. I do research on things, and then analyze things. It's the way my mind works and is how God designed me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
yea well i have seen it happen before where someone is dead heart stopped and all and are brought back to life and they say they could see heaven for a moment til they were brought back to life. so i feel anything is possible with god.

I too have seen it and and heard them speak as an EMT, but I still do not believe in it.

Upvote 0

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am Pentecostal so i beleive that god and jesus are both the same god is the father, jesus is god the son and god the holy spirit and the holy spirit moves around the earth and moves among people touching us here on earth. and Jesus will someday come back to earth. In the near future Jesus Christ will return to claim his bride, the church. This event is called the Rapture of the Church. Current and past Christians will be taken to live with Christ forever. Later Christ will return to earth in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. love jesus!!!

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I am Pentecostal so i beleive that god and jesus are both the same god is the father, jesus is god the son and god the holy spirit and the holy spirit moves around the earth and moves among people touching us here on earth. and Jesus will someday come back to earth. In the near future Jesus Christ will return to claim his bride, the church. This event is called the Rapture of the Church. Current and past Christians will be taken to live with Christ forever. Later Christ will return to earth in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. love jesus!!!

Could very will be a difference in denominations.

I stay out of pentecostal churches after I married my wife and got her to stop attending hers as her pastor wasn't a man of God. Not when he threatens hell fire on me because I wanted to pull my wife from his church. Not when he won't listen to me about Jacob working 14 years for his two wives when he asked the question on how long. I told him, showed him the Bible and he said he would pray about it, he did and still wouldn't listen to me.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to stay I stay out of pentecostal churches, and not only for the above reason. I don't belong in a pentecostal church, they are simply not for me.

We are non-denominational and in a church that believes that we are to be the hands and feet of Jesus and has shown what that looks like many times.

After our marriage small group last night (we were talking about Love and Respect with emphasis on respect this week and love next week) my wife apologized to me for what she called disobeying me earlier that day. We had gotten into a disagreement about the dog being in the crate for 8 1/2 - 9 hours during the day yesterday. I was fine with it, and she wasn't. She figured we would drive the 25 miles home after we visited her mom to let the dog out of her crate. We wouldn't have gotten home till about 2:45pm and then have to make the 25 mile trip back out to the church for our small group.

She apologized after the group and I had to ask why, because in my mind what she did wasn't wrong, she was showing concern for the dog and had the right to question me. I accepted her apology after telling her that she didn't need to and the reason why she didn't need to.

I am still of the impression that she didn't need to. She honestly did nothing wrong.

Disclaimer: Please do not think that I am attacking pentecostal churches, they are just not for me and I have no issues with others that attend them.

Upvote 0