I take the road less traveled
Jan 16, 2006
✟9,935.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Has anybody torn a ligament?
If so, how long did it take to heal and what treatment did you have - medication and bandaging?

I've torn a ligament in my thumb and I went to the hospital the day after it happened to get x-rays to make sure it wasn't broken which it isn't. I was given anti-inflammatory tablets and was told to finish them which I've done and I was given anti-inflammatory gel which I used about three times a day. It wasn't strapped up though.
It started feeling much better but a few days later it started getting worse because I use my computer mouse and I was straining my thumb.
I went to a sister at a pharmacy to ask if it should be strapped up, she didn't say it had to be but she said it would give support. But she said I'd have to do exercises but she didn't tell me what exercises to do. She did strap it up and I bought arnica ointment at the same time. I've only been using the anti-inflammatory gel and the arnica ointment twice a day when I reapply the bandage after having a shower.

My thumb feels okay most of the time when its strapped up but when the bandage is off, it doesn't feel like its getting better, if I bump it slightly, it gets pretty sore for a bit. I did read on the internet that it can take 3 to 6 weeks to heal. I don't think the doctor or the sister actually said I had torn ligaments but I felt something tear in my thumb when I got injured and I've done research on the internet.

stan1472

Feb 24, 2005
Chicago
✟2,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I recently, about 1.5 months ago injured my ankle. Might have torn some ligaments, because it was a terrible sprain with a lot of swelling. Still can't walk normal on it...and up and down stairs. There are levels of sprains for the ankle, mine is a grade 2 or 3.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums