Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Never got married and everyone else has. I feel like I’m missing out and there’s something wrong with me. It’s too late now because I’m too old and not that attractive anymore. Had tons of dates but never liked any of them. I liked those who didn’t like me. I keep praying for a husband and keep meeting losers. Now I’m too old to have kids. Did God send someone to me and I turned him away?

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I too am single, never got married, never had kids. I am now retired and living alone at the age of 51 (almost 52). I have lived most of my life alone. I did date quite a bit over the years, and had plenty of chances to commit, but I didn't for whatever reason.

I noticed in my teen years that the world was taking a turn for the worse with immorality and hookup culture. Now it's all you find, and people are untrustworthy, dishonest and selfish. Finding someone who will treat you right is hard enough, let alone someone with Christian values who will be loyal and true.

I used to wonder whether I missed "the one"; that maybe I should have married someone along the way, that maybe I was too picky. I let it go, because if I allowed myself to think that I would be in misery, looking to the past and not the future. I don't think about it now. I figure if God wants me to be with a person I will be with them and not alone. I trust in God's will being done in my life.

I would keep praying and have faith. If there is someone out there for you, God will make it happen. It's usually when you're not looking that love hits you from out of the blue. You just never know.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry for your situation. We are seeing more and more of this as people choose to opt out of marriage and family. More and more men are just rejecting the notion of getting married. I think much of this is a cultural issue where people are not seeing the value of marriage, and many even consider it a trap or excessive burden. But you can still be married. Don't give up. Your option to have kids may have passed, but it can still work for marriage. Wish I could say something more uplifting. Lord Bless you.

Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Never got married and everyone else has. I feel like I’m missing out and there’s something wrong with me. It’s too late now because I’m too old and not that attractive anymore. Had tons of dates but never liked any of them. I liked those who didn’t like me. I keep praying for a husband and keep meeting losers. Now I’m too old to have kids. Did God send someone to me and I turned him away?

I don’t have answer for the why ….but I do know God will bless you with desires that line up with His Word ….and since He designed marriage it is well within His capabilities and desire to meet your need.

As Freth stated it is generally “when you're not looking that love hits you from out of the blue. You just never know”.

God is a detail God … So make yourself a detail list of what you are looking for in a partner ….never mind what might seem impossible that is Gods department…..but be specific. Then pray and give it to Him.

God does not possess or control people to bring people together, but He can coordinate timing and situation to make things happen for you …

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is very, very possible you turned away someone who could have loved you and given you a family. But no reason to look back and regret your decisions. You had your reasons. Now live your life for Him, Jesus Christ of Nazareth and be at peace.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Marriage isn't a requirement. Who we marry is a choice one makes. In your lifetime evidentially you never felt comfortable exercising that choice ....

Did God send someone to me and I turned him away?
speculation

Having kid's isn't a requirement either.

In your case ... being older ... marriage don't have a age limit.

Be happy in the Lord my friend.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

studentinprayer

Mar 8, 2023
Westren Canada / Nashville TN
✟13,317.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You say you are unattractive because you are old, but I'd argue you can see examples everywhere of attractive people alone and unattractive people starting relationships, same with youth. So, I'm going to actually assume that is a lie and you believe something is wrong with you because you haven't found marriage material or they have rejected you.

You say you've had a ton of dates. And you generally reject the person? Can I ask what stands out as the patterns to why they are rejected and based on what general red flags/signs?

I liked those who didn’t like me
As a rule? Not to pry, I assure you it's related. How's your relationship with your father?

I keep praying for a husband and keep meeting losers. Now I’m too old to have kids.
Losers?...Is that how you think the men who rejected you feel about you?
Your too old to adopt or just past your biological window?

Did God send someone to me and I turned him away?
If I had to make a guess based solely on this post and my experience. No. I think you misunderstand your prayer. I think you might be saying the right words, but your heart screams a different story. If I am right, heal the wound and you'll stop receiving losers.

So, again not to pry. What would make a good husband for you? What qualities about you do you expect to be his favourite?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,555.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Had tons of dates but never liked any of them. I liked those who didn’t like me. I keep praying for a husband and keep meeting losers.
How do you define losers? Is it the majority of men, in your eyes?

Never got married and everyone else has. I feel like I’m missing out
Is it possible that they all simply married a guy you would define as a loser at that time, and are now happy with him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perhaps it's necessary to reconsider the wisdom of pursuing connections that won't pan out. No one has everything in tow and we're compromising more than we say. You must determine whether the thing you're longing for is worth the possibility of going without. Can you stomach being alone if you don't get him?

It's evident the unattractiveness isn't a problem for everyone. If they can move beyond your challenge why do you struggle doing the same? If he's in a similar position and never married he's deprived of a woman's input and you're the same. Maybe the qualities you find unappealing would be less so with the right influence.

Sometimes the one we need doesn't arrive in the guise we want or expect. It takes a lot of humility to move beyond our reservations to see them as God does. Are they losers in His eyes?

~bella

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If he did, what's the use in fixating on it?

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0