HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In your opinion.
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
(1Ti 1:9-10 KJV)
Lets see...a masculine word that means this
_____Strongs_____
G733 arsenokoites ar-sen-ok-oy'-tace
from G730 and G2845;
a sodomite:--abuser of (that defile) self with mankind.

G2845
κοίτη
koitē
koy'-tay
From G2749; a couch; by extension cohabitation; by implication the male sperm: - bed, chambering, X conceive.

G730
ἄῤῥην, αρσην
arrhēn ̄n
ar'-hrane, ar'-sane
Probably from G142; male (as stronger for lifting): - male, man.
Sounds like a man having sex with a man to me, based on the words used ;)

Its my opinion and its based on the evidence in Gods word that is presented consistently and without exception.

Perhaps you have some scripture that shows that two men ARE allowed to marry or have sex to offer up ?

:)

btw way, to whom it may concern, the word filter here is ridiculous

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Its my opinion and its based on the evidence in Gods word that is presented consistently and without exception.

And you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Upvote 0
S

SughaNSpice

The more folks like this post in this way the more telling it is we are in Sodom and Gomorrah. As with the swiftness of time, how stunning it is to realize what all has transpired and how quickly.
You are correct

" 'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did hateful things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.”
Ezekiel 16: 49-50

Justifying discrimination against a minority is arrogance and being sad that a state has done away with discrimination is hateful

Upvote 0
S

SughaNSpice

I'm sorry you're not sad.
I don’t understand why anyone would be sad because a form of discrimination was done away with.

Were you sad when the Supreme Court struck down laws preventing interracial marriage?

Were you sad when segregation ended?

Were you sad when the klan could no longer legally burn crosses in people’s yards?

Were you sad when lynching was criminalized?

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same thing was said when interracial marriage was made legal
Yeah, well the problem is that we see men even under the old covenant who took wives not of their own nationality.
There is enough evidence in Gods word to show that marrying outside ones 'people group' is not abomination. That some twisted racist types perverted Gods word to say something it doesnt is not relevant to the fact that God word DOES condemn men having sex with men.

If there were even one SINGLE exception to this rule, then you folks would have some sort of case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

SughaNSpice

Yeah, well the problem is that we see men even under the old covenant who took wives not of their own nationality.
which god punished them for…

Racists also use the new testament to justify what they stand for.

There is enough evidence in Gods word to show that marrying outside ones 'people group' is not abomination. That some twisted racist types perverted Gods word to say something it doesnt is not relevant to the fact that God word DOES condemn men having sex with men.
That some twisted homophobe types perverted Gods word to say something it doesn’t is not relevant to the fact that God word DOES condemn discrimination….You are trying to set yourself up as being morally superior to a racist…but your arguments are the same … and your goal in the same…and the result is the same…

If there were even one SINGLE exception to this rule, then you folks would have some sort of case.
I wonder what you mean by “you folks”….

Matthew 22:36-40

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[/font][/color]which god punished them for…
Im sorry, you have your facts wrong.
We are not talking about the Hebrews marrying forbidden wives.

Racists also use the new testament to justify what they stand for.
That doesnt mean they did not pervert the actual intent.
Cite please.

That some twisted homophobe types perverted Gods word to say something it doesn’t is not relevant to the fact that God word DOES condemn discrimination…
Sorry about your luck, but Ive presented scripture that shows conclusively what is being condemned...men being with men sexually.
Its not my problem if you cannot accept the facts.

.You are trying to set yourself up as being morally superior to a racist…
How about not inserting words and ideas into my posts
I understand your need for dishonesty in the matter, tho.
but your arguments are the same … and your goal in the same…and the result is the same…

The result will be that soon gay 'marriage' will engulf this land. It's inevitable.
And hopefully the church will finally decide to stop allowing godless government to define 'marriage' for her.

I wonder what you mean by “you folks”….
Something Im sure you will misinterpret to suit your needs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stinker

Senior Veteran
Sep 23, 2004
Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gay marriage is acceptable to most people outside of fundamentalist churches. It is not acceptable to them, even if the partners are not Christians, because they do not believe that the secular world can copy the uniting of any 2 people without having to abide by Bible rules.

Upvote 0

anonymous1515

Feb 8, 2008
✟15,945.00
Faith
Seeker
One has to wonder precisely how much research went into this statement.
Wonder away. If you think placing your faith in a book and reciting passages from it constitues logic, then I suppose you agree that the radical Islamo-fascists are the most logical people on the planet.

Upvote 0

anonymous1515

Feb 8, 2008
✟15,945.00
Faith
Seeker
The result will be that soon gay 'marriage' will engulf this land. It's inevitable.
Run for your lives! A tidal wave of gay marriage will swallow the United States! Huntingman, if I were you I'd pack away any American flags you can find. They'll make good keepsakes to remind you of the "good old days" before the stars and stripes were replaced by rainbows (you know...after the land is englufed by gay marriage)

Reactions: BlackBerry
Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Run for your lives! A tidal wave of gay marriage will swallow the United States! Huntingman, if I were you I'd pack away any American flags you can find. They'll make good keepsakes to remind you of the "good old days" before the stars and stripes were replaced by rainbows (you know...after the land is englufed by gay marriage)
Id like for you to reread your post here.
Read it again and again and again until it is etched into your mind so greatly that you can recite it without even glancing at it.

A few years from now, you'll know when the time comes, I want you to remember today, this hour, this second and precisely what you've said here.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hardly think same-sex marriages are going to post a significant threat to America. Just like with straight couples, not all gay couples are going to marry and the numbers of ones that will are going to be so small in comparison to heterosexual marriages.

What I find interesting is that this is all being condemned and ridiculed within the context of two men getting married. It's been called "nauseating", "disgusting" and "abomination". Why are none of the nay saying men here using the same words to describe lesbian couples getting married? Is it because it falls in the double standard that two women together is "hot", but two men together is just "gross"?

No reason to get all hyped up over this. It's really not as big of a deal as people are making it. Another point is that it doesn't matter what the Bible says about it. If you wish to use the Bible to justify an opinion you share in your home with your friends and family, fine. But it's not the government's obligation to legislate Biblical morality to make a small handful of fundamentalist Christians comfortable. They're played a role in making gays and lesbians feel unwelcomed in society, scorned, chastised, uncomfortable. Perhaps it's time for the roles to reverse.

Upvote 0