Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I just wanted to say sorry what some of the Christians men have been saying about women in authority. I have found my proof.

if you go to 1 cor 12 you find Paul speak of the body of Christ He gives a list and no doubt some will now say it is not by order, but apostle is at the top, and that is the top we know of Yes? The second is Prophets, 3rd is teachers.
There were plenty of women prophets.
here is a link to a page. Female prophets: Miriam, Deborah, Huldah, Noadiah, Anna

Deborah was a judge, The judges were those God raised up to lead Israel out of bondage. Did you here that to Lead Israel. the links speaks of her. Prophets are the mouth piece of God and Deborah was just that and yes She had authority over men, but not Just that it was given to her by God. God blessed her in this authority. God does appoint women in the church even over men. Deborah story can be found in judges 4:4, all women should read this story about her because it was a woman who was brave and the men who were afraid, and it was a woman that gave the army victory, but not just that God appointed a woman to give them victory deliberately.

Please read of Huldah . the high priest looked for her counsel. Men asked a woman who was another mouth piece of God. This is all in the link I posted.

So while some men may say you can't if you are appointed by God there is nothing you can not do, and God does appoint women.

Peace be with you Sisters

blu

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, God has given women many important roles within the church. We just can't be overseers of the church. I do not see that as a problem at all. It's comforting that God showed us how the local church should be organized. When it is organized properly, God blesses ministries beyond our wildest dreams. The awesome thing about God is that he blesses and uses ministries even when people are in disobedience.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you for the thread, Blue Lion. My younger sister is planning on going into the ministry. She has the talents for God to utilize her as a minister. Thankfully we've never been to a Protestant church that doesn't believe women should be ministers.

Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Yes, God has given women many important roles within the church. We just can't be overseers of the church. I do not see that as a problem at all. It's comforting that God showed us how the local church should be organized. When it is organized properly, God blesses ministries beyond our wildest dreams. The awesome thing about God is that he blesses and uses ministries even when people are in disobedience.
Precisely. The only limit for a woman n a church is the two offices of a church. Everything else to do with serving Christ is open to all, male and female, young and old.

@Bluelion, you have been told in the other threads about this, so why are you yet again raising this up? This looks really bad on you since you are not listening to what people are saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Precisely. The only limit for a woman n a church is the two offices of a church. Everything else to do with serving Christ is open to all, male and female, young and old.

@Bluelion, you have been told in the other threads about this, so why are you yet again raising this up? This looks really bad on you since you are not listening to what people are saying.

wasn't to you was it? you a sister? didn't think so.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if you go to 1 cor 12 you find Paul speak of the body of Christ He gives a list and no doubt some will now say it is not by order, but apostle is at the top, and that is the top we know of Yes? The second is Prophets, 3rd is teachers.
There were plenty of women prophets.

What are the qualifications for "apostle"?

As far as I know, that "office" closed with the calling of Paul.

Prophets, so what? I see nothing that limits prophets to men only. Ever read Joel 2:28?

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"

Didn't Peter repeat this in Acts?

And where is "teacher" limited to men only?

Paul also said in 1 Cor. 12:

"If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness."

Paul said, we are placed into the body because of the talents He gave us. Should women gripe because they are not a "bishop", "elder", or "deacon"?

According to Paul, no.

"But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him." (vs. 18)

This is God's order, not ours. To argue against that, is to argue against scripture, and God since scriptures are God's own words.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Prophets, so what? I see nothing that limits prophets to men only. Ever read Joel 2:28?

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"

"If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness."

Paul said, we are placed into the body because of the talents He gave us. Should women gripe because they are not a "bishop", "elder", or "deacon"?

According to Paul, no.

"But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him." (vs. 18)

This is God's order, not ours. To argue against that, is to argue against scripture, and God since scriptures are God's own words.

God Bless

Till all are one.

/thread

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

According to Paul, no.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Yeah this post was not to you was it but you can not help yourself can you. Apostles in Greek means sent out, as in one Christ sends out, how did that close?

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON!!!!!

Thread permanently closed per the following:

Attention: Moratorium on Women Pastors/Ministers threads

We've had to close every thread that had a discussion about women pastors/ministers. It's not that it's a bad topic to discuss. It's that many of you have demonstrated that you are unable to discuss this topic without flaming. And the reports piled up. So we closed the threads instead of issuing a bunch of warnings/infractions. And another pops up.

So no more threads until February 1, 2015. Hopefully, if someone wants to start a thread at that time, the discussion will be more civil.

Hammster
Administrator
Report Manager

MOD HAT OFF!!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.