1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

To Be a Darwinist or To Be a Darwinist

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by AV1611VET, Nov 2, 2012.

1. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    That was uncalled for, wasn't it?

2. Belk

Belk Senior Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    Which part of the periodic table changing over the years is a modification of a universal claim in order to exclude a specific case?

3. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Other-Religion
    No, it is uncalled for you to constantly harp on these same old tragedies. We are all aware that people have made errors and acted in poor judgment, but to rub real deaths in peoples faces is disrespectful.

4. AV1611VET

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Goodbye.

5. Jamin4422

Jamin4422 Member

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    UnitedChurchOfChrist
    I am not going out on a limb at all. Also I base what I say on rock solid science. When the Ice melts that means the ocean level goes up. That would be ok, but the problem is we have storm surges. That is a big problem in England where they spent a lot of money to try to protect themselves. Lots of people in lots of places are having problems dealing with flooding and storm surges. The problem with NY is they are pretty much a sitting duck. The global warming causes the tropical storms that are hitting the East Coast. The west coast does not have this problem because the water is cold there. So we now have a situation that what was not suppose to happen for 60 to 100 years is already hitting NYC.

Shanghi in China is considered the worlds most modern city. But they have the same problem as New Orleans. So for them flooding is not a question of IF flooding is a question of when. The more dirty fuel they burn in China the more your going to have global warming and the sooner Shanghi is going to have problems with "natural" disasters. Although like New Orleans their "natural" disaster is really more man made. Shanghi is considered to be the center for the arts in China. If you want to study fashion, or be a model, or anything like that, then you go to Shanghi to go to school.

[​IMG]

6. Jro

Jro Guest

Yes, that was sarcasm. The prediction that something somewhere will flood is not much of a stretch.

7. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Can anyone tell me what is stopping people from challenging the theory of evolution? Why aren't creationists doing it? Surely they can get the funds to do the actual science. They spent over 20 million creating the Creation "Museum", so why can't they spend a few million dollars on real scientific research? What is stopping them?

8. Jro

Jro Guest

Scientists are keeping all the nature to themselves.

9. CabVet

CabVet Question everything

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    Simple answer: actual science does not refute evolution.

10. CabVet

CabVet Question everything

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    Not only that, but every time someone replies to him in a manner that he doesn't like, the answer is this:

11. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    well that or /thread.

(But in either case they still seem to come back)

12. Davian

Davian fallible

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Seeker
    I don't know why he says goodbye. It's not like he is leaving. He just drags his bag of hammers to the next thread...

13. AV1611VET

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    I say hello.

14. Eight Foot Manchild

Eight Foot Manchild Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Also, you have to understand something before you can challenge it. For over a decade now I've been asking every creationist I come across, whether online or in 'real life', to give definition of the ToE that a biologist would recognize. Not one of them has ever come close. As such, they have no clue what a case against evolution would even look like. Most of their assertions don't even rise to level of 'wrong'.

Creationists are showing up to a basketball game with a hockey stick, saying 'OK, we're ready to play Monopoly'.

15. AV1611VET

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to end your decade of melodrama, evolution is descent with modification; a change in alleles of a population over time.

16. Eight Foot Manchild

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Those words mean nothing coming from someone who takes pride in being willfully ignorant of the subject. You may as well have typed gibberish.

17. AV1611VET

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Suit yourself, but for the record, you said:
    If you're telling me a biologist wouldn't recognize that because it came from an ignit like me, then I would say he's got a problem.

So as far as I'm concerned, your decade of melodrama at our expense is over.

18. Blayz

Blayz New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Atheist
    That was funny.

Sorry EFM, but you just got pwned. Except AV, it's "...a change in allele frequency...

19. AV1611VET

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Blayz ... I think that's the second time you corrected me on that. I keep saying "a change in alleles" for some reason.

20. Eight Foot Manchild

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Atheist
    I know what I said. Or rather, I know what I meant. I could have been clearer, though.