Not open for further replies.

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
I'm doing better tonight. Last night I cried all night. Right now I'm trying to get everything the lawyer needs for probate. Our joint records are fine. Terry's records are a mess. He was not an organized person and he knew it. That's why I handled all the joint stuff. I'm having trouble coming up with everything the lawyer needs. I also have to go to the courthouse to be signed in as the Executor of his estate. I thank the Lord everyday that we had wills. The lawyer says because we had wills and he has everything going to me that I won't have to pay any estate taxes. This is so overwhelming.

Upvote 0

pauldst

Oct 17, 2006
Redding, CA
✟8,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Cheryl's mother came in Wednesday by train. She is buying Cheryl's car from me. She needed a "new" car and I need the money, so it is a blessing for both of us. But it is hard to face parting with the car. The first time I laid eyes on her she was driving up in that car. So many memories.

Her mother and I watched copied christmas videos from my sister last night. It was so good to see Cheryl. I didn't cry, just enjoyed seeing her and hearing her laugh again. I'm not going to live in the past the rest of my life, but I now understand how people do, how it can be hard not to....

Upvote 0

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Could you all pray for my father-in-law? He is 85 years old and taking the loss of Terry hard. There are days he doesn't get out of bed and says he wants to be with Terry. I'm not sure of his salvation. He claims to be a christian, but has never grown in his faith. The pastor from his church is visiting him.

Right now we can't find Terry's cell phone. I call the line to make it ring, but the battery must be dead--it goes right to his voicemail. I find myself calling the phone over and over again just to hear his voice.

I know I have to move forward, but it is so hard.

Upvote 0

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Well, we made in through Thanksgiving. While we felt the loss of Terry, the day wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. The kids and I ate dinner with Terry's parents. We did a lot of sharing of memories. It was good. God was good to us.

Our garage was in really bad shape and Terry didn't want to replace it until we could afford to build a new garage. Since it was leaning I was always concerned it would fall and we would have liability issues. I used to tell Terry that if he died the first thing I would do would be to tear down the garage. Terry's brothers and sisters came over the day after Thanksgiving and we tore down the garage. That night I woke up in the middle of the night. I just could't believe that Terry died and I had torn down the garage. I cried the rest of the night. I can't believe that a stupid garage could upset me like that.

Upvote 0

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Well, I have been sworn in as the Executor of my husband's estate. It was more difficult than what I expected. The most difficult thing was having to testify that his signature on the will was his and that I had seen his signature enough over the years to be able to testify that it was his. I cried throughout the process of taking the oath. I could only nod my head, I couldnt' even speak.

Do you all have wills? If you don't, get one right away. I found out that since our wills were from the late 70's that it did not meet today's standards. The court said the wording was very vague and questioned if I was really to be the Executor. Terry had added a paragraph that if I died, my brother would become the executor. The people at the courthouse went round and round on it for about 15 minutes. In the end, they felt it was clear that his intent was that I was to be the Executor. So, please, if you have older wills, have a lawyer take a look at it.

Upvote 0

smiledaily

Keep smiling!
Oct 11, 2006
✟19,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wanted to let you all know that I am praying for you all. :prayer: My son has been talking about his late dad more maybe with the holiday's and all, he see's families out shopping and being together and it's hard. Since his sister has moved out and own her on, it's just us. He still find's many smiles and laughter, but there are those times that I catch him looking at other families and I wonder what he's feeling inside. Keeping you all in my prayers. God bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
I just realized something. I'm a single mom. Or since my children are in their 20s, am I still considered a single mom? My caretaking days are passed with them, now I am their friend and advisor. But I still worry about them, I still give my worries to the Lord, I just don't have Terry to talk to about what they are doing. This is really a scary thought!

Upvote 0

ComesoonmyLORD

I've been delivered and Redeemed!
Jun 22, 2006
North Mississippi
✟7,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
JeanR- once a mom always a mom. Whether you are changing diapers, marriage counseling, financial counseling, or just being a friend, you will ALWAYS be mom to them. And I bet if you listen hard enough you can hear Terry during those counseling times. God made you one with each other and I believe in some sort of way that doesn't stop just because one of you goes home early. Terry's ideas, opinions, and ways will always remain in your heart dear one.

Upvote 0

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
I am getting to return home from my first business trip since Terry died. I guess I traded the loneliness of evenings at home to evenings in a hotel room. Funny, before it was kind of fun to be on the road and meeting new people at the colleges I review, but this time it was different. At least with my job, people don't know me, I'm just there to review their financial aid records and processes. Don't have to deal with the never ceasing receiving line.

Anyway, I'll be home in six hours and I can't wait to see my kids. I know they are in their 20's, but I still was concerned that they would be alright. It's only been 9 weeks since their dad died and we are still in that raw stage of grieving. Guess we parents never get over that, right?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.