Oct 15, 2004
Rochester, MN
✟7,839.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
:wave:

Hello! I found this site a few months ago and registered, but have put off making my first post for some reason. I figured I could at least introduce myself.

My name is John. I'm 29 years old, and will be getting married in a little over 3 months to the most wonderful woman in the world.

I was born and raised in Texas and moved to Rochester, MN, in 1993, about a month before my 18th birthday. I've been here ever since. However, within the next couple months, I will be moving to Southwest Iowa to join my fiancee, who took a job in her hometown back in November. I am looking forward to being able to spend more time with her after 3 months of a long-distance relationship.

I was baptized in a Baptist church a few months before my 10th birthday, and I attended church fairly regularly until I was in 9th grade. My family switched to a United Methodist church when I was in 7th grade. After 9th grade, I stopped attending church altogether. I never lost my faith, but I just drifted away from the church.

Other than a few visits to various churches (both Baptist and Methodist) a few years ago, I hadn't attended church since 9th grade. That all changed in April 2004. I met the woman who is now my fiancee. She is the daughter of a LCMS pastor. She invited me to attend the church she had joined here in Rochester. I had never attended a Lutheran church before, but at the first service, I knew I had found my new church home. It takes a lot to make me miss a service now.

I am currently going through adult confirmation classes and will be confirmed on January 23, 2005. Soon afterwards, I will be moving down to Iowa and Bridget (my fiancee) and I will join a church down there. We haven't decided yet whether to join one of her dad's two congregations or one of the many other LCMS churches in the area around her hometown.

Well, that's enough rambling from me for now. I look forward to contributing to CF, and to continue learning from the many great teachers who frequent this board.

Thanks for reading.

John Cunningham

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StarSapphire

Joyfully we adore Him!
Nov 28, 2004
Northern California
✟11,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello! We have a very special time here at CF for Christians to gather and fellowship, or discuss topics and theology. Hope you make many friends here, and have a fine time during your visits. This is a good meeting place for people of different faiths and cultures.

Check out the menu at the top, and click on the FAQ. That tells a lot about CF, and will help you get through the lost feeling.

May God bless! :)

Upvote 0

AdJesumPerMariam

To Jesus through Mary
Jan 26, 2004
At Home
Visit site
✟51,621.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
the%20wave.GIF

WELCOME!

“The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace."

Upvote 0

III John

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Oct 15, 2004
Rochester, MN
✟7,839.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thanks again to all for the warm welcome. Makes me wish I'd come out of hiding sooner. I look forward to visiting and fellowship with the wonderful Christian Forums community.

I tend to spend most of my time in Theologia Crucis-Confessional Lutherans, but I poke my nose into some of the other forums once in a while. So I'm sure I'll run into some of you on the boards somewhere.

Upvote 0