Nov 29, 2015
South East
✟111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/4665-corner-stone

I always thought that the stone that held the archway in place was the corner stone. But not in this article. It indicates that it is the foundation stone, the first stone laid, the stone upon which the sacrifice is performed, the threshold of the building.

The Keystone is what is found at the center of an archway, it locks the two sides of the arch together.

Most people will never understand what took place here-
Gen 19
And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night. 3And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat. 4But before they lay down, the men of the city,even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter: 5And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them. 6And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him, 7And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly. 8Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof. 9And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door. 10But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door. 11And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

Lot made a threshold covenant with the two men, he was now obligated to defend them with everything he had, his own life if necessary.

These covenants are still made today in near eastern cultures. I studied this some time ago, one of the more interesting things I learned was that if one party comes to the dwelling of the other and stomps on the threshold in anger, this is considered murder, the breaking of the covenant.

So-called 'believers' will never understand the Word of Jehovah, he has blinded them.

You are His, that is clear.

I'll leave you with this-
Jeremiah 3
14 "Return, backsliding children," says ADONAI; "for I am your master. I will take you, one from a city, two from a family, and bring you to Tziyon.
15 I will give you shepherds after my own heart, and they will feed you with knowledge and understanding.

This has yet to happen, but Yah is preparing us.
We are few.

I used to feel sorrow for the stiff necked and rebellious, not anymore, they have chosen.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/4665-corner-stone

I always thought that the stone that held the archway in place was the corner stone. But not in this article. It indicates that it is the foundation stone, the first stone laid, the stone upon which the sacrifice is performed, the threshold of the building.
I think you are thinking of the keystone, that is the one in the center.

upload_2015-11-29_11-56-3.jpeg

Upvote 0