Not open for further replies.

JCrawf

Nov 6, 2004
✟12,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It just amazes me, considering that there have been plenty of threads that have started in similar fashion by Protestants, and they could last for weeks and even turnover into a new thread after the 1000 post mark and still keep going strong. But when a Catholic or Orthodox thread starts in similar manner, it is quckly squashed. Seems hypocrytical, especially since the thread was no different in form than many of the Protestant formed threads of similar nature.

Pax Tecum,

John

Upvote 0

JCrawf

Nov 6, 2004
✟12,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Didn't know I was questioning a moderator directly or indirectly. Just posing a question, and not directing it at a moderator. But I understand, somewhat. Though I do feel things do tend to get a bit like the Borg - no questioning, just doing as one is programed to. :(

Pax Tecum,

John

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JCrawf said:
It just amazes me, considering that there have been plenty of threads that have started in similar fashion by Protestants, and they could last for weeks and even turnover into a new thread after the 1000 post mark and still keep going strong. But when a Catholic or Orthodox thread starts in similar manner, it is quckly squashed. Seems hypocrytical, especially since the thread was no different in form than many of the Protestant formed threads of similar nature.

Pax Tecum,

John

You are asking a fair question. I don't know the answer, but I'm sure there is an answer. Please be careful though and not allow this thread to become a thread that starts criticising the GT moderators, which some happen to be Catholic and are doing their best.

Upvote 0

JCrawf

Nov 6, 2004
✟12,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
D'Ann said:
You are asking a fair question. I don't know the answer, but I'm sure there is an answer. Please be careful though and not allow this thread to become a thread that starts criticising the GT moderators, which some happen to be Catholic and are doing their best.

I understand. Don't want it to become a thread for bashing moderators. But there still has to be a place for valid questioning. At any rate, I hope the GT Catholic Mods keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Pax Tecum,

John

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
JCrawf said:

Pax Tecum,

John

GT is run by protestants, jcrawl. Since CPR was removed, whoever has the most votes wins. Note, I'm not questioning anything, I'm just stating the facts. The entire theology team consists mostly of protestants.

Reactions: Febe
Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
JCrawf said:
I understand. Don't want it to become a thread for bashing moderators. But there still has to be a place for valid questioning. At any rate, I hope the GT Catholic Mods keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Pax Tecum,

John

They'll always get outvoted. This is what is called 'fairness' by the new reforms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JCrawf

Nov 6, 2004
✟12,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
stray bullet said:
GT is run by protestants, jcrawl. Since CPR was removed, whoever has the most votes wins. Note, I'm not questioning anything, I'm just stating the facts. The entire theology team consists mostly of protestants.

Yeah, can't do much with a minority under majority rule. What's CPR?

Pax Tecum,

John

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
JCrawf said:

Pax Tecum,

John

Sweetie, we could talk.... :wave: ;)

GT makes me insane....well, more than usual of course. :p

MANY things the Catholics hold and have held for 2000 years are criticized, and in some instances we are called the harlot of Babylon, the Anti Christ, and many other sweet and wonderful things. ^_^

DO I have a laundry list?? :sorry: hehe

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
stray bullet said:
They'll always get outvoted. This is what is called 'fairness' by the new reforms.

Stray,

That is not always the case. There is headway being made. It's a slow process. And even though, there may not be a CPR (Catholic-Protestant Review) committee doesn't mean that there are NO reviews going on. It's a different process and it's new and we all are trying to figure it all out.

I can't really say more than this, but please be patient with us all and keep us all in your prayers.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
JCrawf said:
Yeah, can't do much with a minority under majority rule. What's CPR?

Pax Tecum,

John

CPR was "Catholic Protestant Reviews". It was a team consisting of an even number of protestants and Catholics. Whenever moderators disagreed on a Catholic-protestant issue, it was sent to this team. This saw to it that Catholics couldn't outvote protestants or protestants couldn't outvote Catholics.

It was a very fair way of resolving these issues and provided fair moderator across the entire board. However, despite all the productivity of the CPR team- it was removed during the reforms because it wasn't 'fair'.

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WarriorAngel said:
Sweetie, we could talk.... :wave: ;)

GT makes me insane....well, more than usual of course. :p

MANY things the Catholics hold and have held for 2000 years are criticized, and in some instances we are called the harlot of Babylon, the Anti Christ, and many other sweet and wonderful things. ^_^

DO I have a laundry list?? :sorry: hehe

Yep, you are right. Some folks on GT have shown unkindness and hurtfulness towards our Catholic faith. All we can do is continue to gently share our faith and to pray for them. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JCrawf

Nov 6, 2004
✟12,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
stray bullet said:

Majority/mob rule is not fairness, nor is it truly Democratic. But oh well. Guess will have to hope for another batch of new reforms - though it's hard to say if they will improve things much if majority rule wins out.

Pax Tecum,

John

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
stray bullet said:

And Catholics get beat in there, quite alot, and it is impossible to state truth without being demonized for 'o gasp' believing the Church has always been here since Christ. :doh:

:preach: I have had my share of bad report button pressers. ;) Even over things 'they misinterpetted.' Even though it was NOT what I was saying, ONLY what THEY implied. :sick:

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
JCrawf said:
Majority/mob rule is not fairness, nor is it truly Democratic. But oh well. Guess will have to hope for another batch of new reforms - though it's hard to say if they will improve things much if majority rule wins out.

Pax Tecum,

John

This is one of the reasons as a Catholic, you need to be careful where you go on CF. Each section is a mini-forum of itself. The rules are like the bible- everyone uses it but everyone interprets it differently.

If we ran into trouble before as Catholics, we had the team to give us a fair ruling, no matter where we went. We no longer have this protection.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.