Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I just saw this

Originally Posted by Zaac
You talk like God needs you. What does a filthy as rag sinner have to offer to God?

I hope this was a joke, if not - I am disgusted

Not in the least a joke. God doesn't need us. We need Him. There is NOTHING we can offer to a Holy God. If there were, there would have been no rason for Christ to go to the Cross.

There is no level of anything that we can offer to God that is good enough because His standard is perfection.

It is only by accepting Christ as Lord and Savior and being viewed through HIS Holiness and HIS perfection that we are capable of bringing anything to God.

There can be no salvation without repentance, and people don't repent without realizing just how destitute and lost we are without Jesus Christ. A lost man has nothing of himself that meets God's standard of Holiness.

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Armistead, is Jesus Christ the only Way to the Father? If truth is not absolute, should Christians just push people toward whatever makes them feel good?

Be honest."
Yes, that is an absolute truth that I believe. But the fact remains the majority of man since Christ died without hearing about him. Does that negate he is the only way...no?,..You know I am UR.

So I assume you believe all children are going to hell since they can't underestand or accept Christ or the gospel...They get a pass for not being "accountable." Sorry, if so, then that means Christ isn't the only way. Millions have never heard, yet I assume you feel they have another way other than Christ or they go to hell...you can't have it both ways...

So do you believe Christ is the only way or do people get a pass for accountability issues?

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Flames generally are about someone trying to make a point. But I'm glad to see you readily admit that it's a flame.

I just said that it wasn't a flame, it was admitting I was making a point, so where did I admit that I flamed?

I certainly do. There are those in this forum who hold to God's Word and there are those who don't.
We disagree on what God's Word means. It's not that we disagree with God's Word.
There are those who adhere to God's Word and are accordingly set apart as Holy, and there are those who call themselvesChristians while looking just like an unsaved world.

So there is indeed a clique.
Yet, you aren't at liberty to tell me or anyone else that we aren't Christian. If the person says that they believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior and is following Him the best they know how, that is between the person and God.

On one hand you say I am making an argument to flame, yet you readily admit that such a clique exists...?

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Zaac, was this the verse you were needing relating to Jonah, may have been someone else.

Jonah was in the fish only seventy hours, and declared he was in hell forever. He escaped from Hell. Jon. ii:2, 6: "Out of the belly of Hell (Sheol--Hadees) cried I, and thou heardest my voice, earth with her bars was about me forever." Even an eternal Hell lasted but three days.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Most likely not directly to you ( I hope) , just an overall view that we all are filthy. Unable to understand it is our sins that are rags, not our beings.

Ain't no need to confuse. Your being is filthy also. There is nothing holy about the flesh.

Consider the source and don't take it to heart. We all have much to offer God...why do you think he made us...for nothing.

Yeah, you go ahead and direct people to think that God desires their sinful flesh.

And what can we over God...We offer him ourselves as vessels.

You can't offer yourself as a vessel to be used of Christ until you have accepted Christ as Lord and Savior.

See, you and I differ on several things, but we don't crush others with hate.. Christ was so loving to sinners, yet harsh with the self-righteous Priest....

Naah. You just prefer to lie to them and leave them thinking that sinful man has something to offer God. My statements dealt with truth, not with hate. I'm not inclined to lie to folks about our sin just because some don't want to offend them.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Zaac, was this the verse you were needing relating to Jonah, may have been someone else.

Jonah was in the fish only seventy hours, and declared he was in hell forever. He escaped from Hell. Jon. ii:2, 6: "Out of the belly of Hell (Sheol--Hadees) cried I, and thou heardest my voice, earth with her bars was about me forever." Even an eternal Hell lasted but three days.

Nope. Wasn't me. Was it somebody in this thread?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
"Armistead, is Jesus Christ the only Way to the Father? If truth is not absolute, should Christians just push people toward whatever makes them feel good?

Be honest."
Yes, that is an absolute truth that I believe. But the fact remains the majority of man since Christ died without hearing about him. Does that negate he is the only way...no?,..You know I am UR.

And you know I ain't about to open that 2000 page can of worms again.^_^

So I assume you believe all children are going to hell since they can't underestand or accept Christ or the gospel...They get a pass for not being "accountable." Sorry, if so, then that means Christ isn't the only way.

How does that show that Christ isn't the only way? To be in the Father's presence, your sin, whether you are "accountable "or not has got to be covered by the blood of Christ

Millions have never heard, yet I assume you feel they have another way other than Christ or they go to hell...you can't have it both ways...

If you're capable of accepting something else as god, you're capable of accepting Christ as God. He says no man has an excuse.

So do you believe Christ is the only way or do people get a pass for accountability issues?

Christ is the ONLY Way.

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And you know I ain't about to open that 2000 page can of worms again.^_^

How does that show that Christ isn't the only way? To be in the Father's presence, your sin, whether you are "accountable "or not has got to be covered by the blood of Christ

If you're capable of accepting something else as god, you're capable of accepting Christ as God. He says no man has an excuse.

Christ is the ONLY Way.

So you would admit children that have never heard or understood Christ are saved only by Christ.
So why aren't adults that have never heard the gospel or understood it saved by Christ?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I agree on the last part there, God does need us, he needs us to worship him. Its why he created us, to glorify him. If he didnt need us to do this then we wouldnt have a purpose

He created us to be in relationship with Him. But He doesn't NEED us. He desires that we be in relationship with Him. But He certainly doesn't NEED us to be.

The manner in which you speak DISGUSTS me to the core. If jesus were standing right next to you, and you were talking to someone directly, would you still call them that? I wouldnt, it doesnt sit right with me.

IT's GOD's WORD, not mine.6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
Isa. 64:6

There is no self,service, sacrifice or gift that man can offer that will appease the holy wrath of God or satisfy His perfect justice. The only satisfaction- or propitiation- that could be acceptable to God and that could reconcile man to Him, had to be made by God.

And it is for this reason God the Son, Jesus Christ, came into the world in human flesh to be the perfect sacrifice for sin and make atonement- “propitiation for the sins of the people”. Hebrews 2:17 17For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for[f]the sins of the people.

We can offer the Holy God something. Its called us, we offer ourselves to him and worship him in everyway we can and hand over our lives to be led by him.

Us ain't worthy to be offered to Him without the cleansing blood of Christ. You've got to accept Christ before you can offer yourself as a living sacrifice.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spirituala act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:1-2

You cant save the saved.

You come across as a legalistic looney, though you may not be like that IRL

If you think so. :)

Matthew 5:11
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree on the last part there, God does need us, he needs us to worship him. Its why he created us, to glorify him. If he didnt need us to do this then we wouldnt have a purpose

The manner in which you speak DISGUSTS me to the core. If jesus were standing right next to you, and you were talking to someone directly, would you still call them that? I wouldnt, it doesnt sit right with me.

We can offer the Holy God something. Its called us, we offer ourselves to him and worship him in everyway we can and hand over our lives to be led by him.

You cant save the saved.

You come across as a legalistic looney, though you may not be like that IRL

You go girl......................If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it must be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He created us to be in relationship with Him. But He doesn't NEED us. He desires that we be in relationship with Him. But He certainly doesn't NEED us to be.

IT's GOD's WORD, not mine.6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away. Isa. 64:6

There is no self,service, sacrifice or gift that man can offer that will appease the holy wrath of God or satisfy His perfect justice. The only satisfaction- or propitiation- that could be acceptable to God and that could reconcile man to Him, had to be made by God.

And it is for this reason God the Son, Jesus Christ, came into the world in human flesh to be the perfect sacrifice for sin and make atonement- “propitiation for the sins of the people”. Hebrews 2:17 17For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for[f]the sins of the people.

Us ain't worthy to be offered to Him without the cleansing blood of Christ. You've got to accept Christ before you can offer yourself as a living sacrifice.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spirituala act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:1-2

If you think so. :)

I bet your a great soul winner...how many a week?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So you would admit children that have never heard or understood Christ are saved only by Christ.

Anyone who has ever been saved is only saved by Christ.

So why aren't adults that have never heard the gospel or understood it saved by Christ?

Because God says that the truth has been suppressed by their wickedness, and thus they have no excuse.

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. Romans 1:18-20

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Anyone who has ever been saved is only saved by Christ.

Because God says that the truth has been suppressed by their wickedness, and thus they have no excuse.

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. Romans 1:18-20

Then according to that verse man can be saved by admitting God was made plain to them out of creation...."salvation by creation gospel". The indians and many believed in a God of some form based on his creation...

So all that have never heard, Indians, Africans, ect...the gospel or about Christ are in hell just out of bad luck.....about 80% of humanity tortured just out of ingnorance.....

Aren't you glad you were born in the USA. If you were born in the mideast or deep africa...your toast..

Atleast you don't subscribe to those silly doctrines fundies have on
"age of accountability"....good for you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Then according to that verse man can be saved by admitting God was made plain to them out of creation...."salvation by creation gospel". The indians and many believed in a God of some form based on his creation...

So all that have never heard, Indians, Africans, ect...the gospel or about Christ are in hell just out of bad luck.....about 80% of humanity tortured just out of ingnorance.....

Aren't you glad you were born in the USA. If you were born in the mideast or deep africa...your toast..

Atleast you don't subscribe to those silly doctrines fundies have on
"age of accountability"....good for you

I would comment further on this, but I'm not gonna be guilty of opening another Calvinist discussion.

17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zaac,

Do you think we should bring back physical torture to get people to the "truth."? If all truth is that absolute...shouldn't people be forced to it by any method if not only to save them.

Be honest....
How unscriptural and ridiculous can you get, poster.
WE are called to spead the truth....to TEACH the truth.
*IF* you knew the truth youd know that we ARENT instructed to force unbelievers to do anything. If they reject the truth we shake the dust off and move along.
With BELIEVERS tho, scripture shows that sharp rebuke may even be necessary. The MOST we are allowed to do is disassociate ourselves from the person.

Now you have me rolling MY eyes....:doh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOD is sovereign, just and all-knowing.
What HE chooses to do in these cases is ENTIRELY HIS DECISION.
That decision isnt our concern, nor does it CHANGE what WE are to TEACH from His truth....

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Gotcha....NONE.

None is right. I have the good fortune of haven been used by Christ to share His Gospel and see Him draw thousands of men unto Himself. But I certainly have never saved anyone.

I just point them toward Christ with His Truth and then get out the way and let God do what only He can. ;)

So how many have you seen get saved by the hearing of a gospel that the masses in hear say isn't absolute truth?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.