Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My oldest son is moving out today. I helped him some of his belongings to his new apartment earlier today.
Are you relieved or sad?
I imagine, after they all grow up and leave, you will miss them a lot.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you relieved or sad?
I imagine, after they all grow up and leave, you will miss them a lot.

Sad. It has been an emotional day for me and it will be tough on me for awhile. He is my second child to leave home.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no doubt I will suffer from that too. But I have 5 more children left at home and my youngest is only 9 years old. My husband and our children are my life. It is hard for me to release my children enough to let them live their life on their own.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have no doubt I will suffer from that too. But I have 5 more children left at home and my youngest is only 9 years old. My husband and our children are my life. It is hard for me to release my children enough to let them live their life on their own.
Sounds like a normal mother to me! :)

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I'm trying to imagine what it is like to wake up in the morning in America and realise the leader of your country is Donald Trump.
For Australia it would be like waking up to Pauline Hanson as your leader. And Pauline Hanson is a far more sincere person than Donald Trump. Just her "tunnel vision" mind is dangerous as a leader.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm trying to imagine what it is like to wake up in the morning in America and realise the leader of your country is Donald Trump.

Something like this:

Make sure you get past the first 50 seconds or you won't get the gist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
An anecdote from our parish priest this morning:
"I visited the hospital a few days ago to give a final blessing to a 35 year old woman. She had bowel cancer. I officiated at her wedding 7 years ago. She has 2 kids. I was only there a minute when the doctor arrived to give her the news that nothing could be done to save her. Chemo wasnt working. Radiation. Nothing. She cried her heart out and I tried to imagine how I would feel if a doctor gave me the same message. She died the next day."
Our priest often gives us an insight into his job, for which I am very grateful.I think especially working with the dying, must be a huge responsibility but also a huge privilege. It would surely cement his faith and remind him that this life is transient and short, which we all tend to forget. I could hear a pin drop, while this priest was telling us this story.
It is hard for me not to feel inferior to such a selfless and generous guy that our priest is. If I compare his holy life to my mostly secular one, I feel ashamed.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Today it was unnaturally warm here, and not a snowflake under 9000 ft. Even the higher snow is melting. This is concerning, but I did go outside for a good run.

Attachments

• 20161112_121355.jpg
    20161112_121355.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My oldest son moved out of the weekend. I think he has called me and my husband more times than he did when he still lived here. He is coming home tomorrow to have his mail forwarded to his new apartment and to take me out to lunch.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have a new foster cat named Jasper. We took him in after his owners moved away and abandoned him. We now have a total of five cats. All of our cats, with the exception of one, were fostered but we decided they could just live with us.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,275,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We have a new foster cat named Jasper. We took him in after his owners moved away and abandoned him. We now have a total of five cats. All of our cats, with the exception of one, were fostered but we decided they could just live with us.
Lol! Yep we're up to four foster kitties now :swoon:

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0